Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 PC game windowed/minimizes on it self and windows 8.1 lockscreen comes on

iLikeGam3s

Not a fix but I think  I have found a workaround, at least on my system.  I simply entered a screen saver active time of six hours (360 minutes) and was able to run two complete quick races of 5 laps each.  Like the post above that had a time of 90 minutes, I think that the bug would still happen if I played for six hours, but for now this might be a functional workaround.  If I turn off the screen saver then the game will randomly minimize and I am presented with the login screen which is a no go for me.

What about the bug "jumps  to windowed mode" ? The game jumps to windowed mode after a minute, the screen gets black for a few seconds and I'm loosing control over the car. I've only been able to get a lap at most! This bug is a game breaker! 
  • 2 weeks later...
Cleric01 said:
i fixed this.. i also have a 980 ti..

create a shortcut for f1_2015.exe
right click on that shortcut and go to properties..
in the "target" line add this to the end

-availablevidmem 6.0

this will fix the problem

This didn't do it for me either :( @justbiglee : can you please confirm that this is a bug and you're working on a solution? ? Havnt been able to really try this game at all!
  • 3 weeks later...
What about the bug "jumps  to windowed mode" ? The game jumps to windowed mode after a minute, the screen gets black for a few seconds and I'm loosing control over the car. I've only been able to get a lap at most! This bug is a game breaker! 
I have the same issue.. :( already found a fix for it?
  • 6 months later...

Archived