F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Monza track limits.

I know there are some dodgy flag waving on strict cornering setting, but anyone getting them even when you still have two wheels clearly still inside the white line? Was pushing turn 6  and 7 because I know that is where I'm losing some time and it's this weeks weekly event track. However, I keep getting flagged, more on 7 than 6, but both seem touchy at best. Hell, I'm not taking near as much as they do in F1 on those before I get a flag. Don't get why track limits are an issue for them to have right really.

• Thanks 1

It’s very nervous is the corner cutting system on this game. I’ll use Spa as an example, this year, cars were using the run offs at Turns 9 (Les Combes), 11 (downhill to Pouhon), 15 (Stavelot) and 20 (start/finish straight) clearly crossing the white line on all of them and not one car received a black and white flag. Do it on the game and you’re two more warnings away from a penalty. Makes no sense at all.  

This is one of the main reasons I don’t play online, it’s just too unreliable. 

Edited by Stiddy1990

29 minutes ago, Stiddy1990 said:

It’s very nervous is the corner cutting system on this game. I’ll use Spa as an example, this year, cars were using the run offs at Turns 9 (Les Combes), 11 (downhill to Pouhon), 15 (Stavelot) and 20 (start/finish straight) clearly crossing the white line on all of them and not one car received a black and white flag. Do it on the game and you’re two more warnings away from a penalty. Makes no sense at all.  

This is one of the main reasons I don’t play online, it’s just too unreliable. 

At least the game is just as inconsistent as real F1. I've certainly gone well wide on occasion and got nothing at all. Then same corner but run wide a little later in turn and boom flags are waving. At least F1 seems to be getting tougher on track limits last few races. As for the game. Odd that it isn't easier to have it work as intended. Would think as they know the dimensions of the car they could have a breech line that if the car crosses it they get flagged. Guess they need something if they are really deep and crashing, but maybe I'm missing something on how hard it is to code in track limits accurately.

• Agree 1

Personally the limits in the game are very consistent. As soon as all 4 wheels go over the white line it's a warning.

But, in real F1 the curbs are within track limits too hence no warnings that we get in game. Game should probably be updated to match but it's a low priority in the list of other problems to resolve. 

6 hours ago, Gh0ds said:

Personally the limits in the game are very consistent. As soon as all 4 wheels go over the white line it's a warning.

But, in real F1 the curbs are within track limits too hence no warnings that we get in game. Game should probably be updated to match but it's a low priority in the list of other problems to resolve. 

Not what I'm seeing at all. Had plenty of warnings while still having half the car inside the white line. In real you need all four tyres past the white line for a lap time to be deleted, or risk warnings in race. Not all are bad, but there are some corners worse than others.

8 hours ago, halfblindgamer said:

Not what I'm seeing at all. Had plenty of warnings while still having half the car inside the white line. In real you need all four tyres past the white line for a lap time to be deleted, or risk warnings in race. Not all are bad, but there are some corners worse than others.

I'm with you. The track limits are wayyyy off in this game. I've had a couple turns at Monza especially, where 50% of the car isn't even off the track and my lap times are being invalidated. I went back to look at replays because I really thought I wasn't even close to the limits and I was right. It's as if the white line on the track limits isn't calibrated correctly to the coding of the game.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:03 PM, chrisk88 said:

I'm with you. The track limits are wayyyy off in this game. I've had a couple turns at Monza especially, where 50% of the car isn't even off the track and my lap times are being invalidated. I went back to look at replays because I really thought I wasn't even close to the limits and I was right. It's as if the white line on the track limits isn't calibrated correctly to the coding of the game.

Yep, for sure. Turns 6 and 7 (Lesmo 1 and 2) at Monza are dodgy ones, with 7 the worst of them in my opinion. That one will give you a warning long before you get all four wheels over the line.

Edited by halfblindgamer

On 9/3/2020 at 3:10 AM, halfblindgamer said:

I know there are some dodgy flag waving on strict cornering setting, but anyone getting them even when you still have two wheels clearly still inside the white line? Was pushing turn 6  and 7 because I know that is where I'm losing some time and it's this weeks weekly event track. However, I keep getting flagged, more on 7 than 6, but both seem touchy at best. Hell, I'm not taking near as much as they do in F1 on those before I get a flag. Don't get why track limits are an issue for them to have right really.

Agree totally and not only that but in some races I had all 4 tires of track and got no warnings or anything then couple laps later I got 1 tire on kerb and 3 on the track and got a warning lol.

One of main areas I had this problem with is the last 2 corners at Canada.

Edited by ChristianAnsell