Little input lag using TCams

Hi everyone. Some of you had noticed some input lag when playing it in TCams? Seems to me when compared against cockpit cam that in TCams the response of steering input was a little slower.. I had tried so many different settings in the controller settings tab different values in linearity and without aswell.. Its only me that noticed that or some of you feels exactly the same? I am in Xbox One and i use an Elite Microsoft Wireless Controller Pad 

Haha these little mysteries are dad!

No, I haven't. But admittedly I'm not one to play on cockpit view often.

If you use that same controller and same setup to play on the non-laggy cockpit view, then I'd discard this as a possibility. Even with the wired/wireless input lag debacle.

Do you sense the same lag (and to the same extent) on any of those trailing cams?

I'm asking because maybe it has to do with your point of view and FOV. Even on F1 broadcast, sometimes we only notice how bumpy those things are when they cut to the onboard video or the nose camera.

You could also play around with replays and flashbacks. Take whatever corner you like with the cockpit view and pop in the replay, change to the T-Cam and watch the whole thing a couple times. The game is able to seamless transition from one state to the other so if the T-Cam indeed introduces some kind of input lag, you should notice it instantly when flashbacking to before the turn in and changing cameras.

21 minutes ago, marioho said:

Haha these little mysteries are dad!

No, I haven't. But admittedly I'm not one to play on cockpit view often.

If you use that same controller and same setup to play on the non-laggy cockpit view, then I'd discard this as a possibility. Even with the wired/wireless input lag debacle.

Do you sense the same lag (and to the same extent) on any of those trailing cams?

I'm asking because maybe it has to do with your point of view and FOV. Even on F1 broadcast, sometimes we only notice how bumpy those things are when they cut to the onboard video or the nose camera.

You could also play around with replays and flashbacks. Take whatever corner you like with the cockpit view and pop in the replay, change to the T-Cam and watch the whole thing a couple times. The game is able to seamless transition from one state to the other so if the T-Cam indeed introduces some kind of input lag, you should notice it instantly when flashbacking to before the turn in and changing cameras.

I usually how most often i play in cockpit view with an FOV customised by myself based in my real life Racing experience.. Today i had tried to run some laps in Tcam only for change the view a little mate.. And noticed that.. When you start to steering you feel an little input lag then compared against when you are using cockpit view that you haven t any.. To finish i am using same FOV value for both TCams (what i use in the cockpit aswell) and the feeling its that in Tcam the response of your steering is a little slower or later (specially 1st phase that is turning in) 

Edited by CarlosSantos87
Same FOV for Cockpit and TCams

I've been playing since February (Xbox since July) and haven't noticed any input lag; I mainly drive a custom TV-Pod Offset view.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure however i have noticed that set up's seem to respond differently in cockpit view and T-Cam view and i am competent in both. i.e a responsive set up in cockpit view feels more understeery in T-Cam view.

Whenever i load up any set up provided by a quick you tuber who runs in T-Cam it always feels like it it never wants to turn in cockpit view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I'm not sure however i have noticed that set up's seem to respond differently in cockpit view and T-Cam view and i am competent in both. i.e a responsive set up in cockpit view feels more understeery in T-Cam view.

Whenever i load up any set up provided by a quick you tuber who runs in T-Cam it always feels like it it never wants to turn in cockpit view.

Interesting. I play on a pad. This could be the reason why I find Tom97 and Trl limitless setups an issue for me. They both give me very stiff and understeery setups. I am always forced to soften the anti roll bars if I used their setups. It’s always the roll bars I need to change. I still feel no input lag when using both cameras, but I am just better on cockpit camera.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

Somehow I can be more accurate with cockpit cam than t cam and I am on a pad.

It probably has something to do with being able to see how much you turn the steering wheel. I noticed if my eyes pay slightly more attention on the steering movement when I'm on T-cam, my accuracy is improved by a fair bit.

Edited by DRTApophis

I always race cockpit but have tried out T-Cam a few times out of interest. I have the same problem, feels like there's a ton of input lag - but there isn't, I'm sure. It must be the FOV and suddenly looking at the track through a fish-eye lens that causes it.

• Agree 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, PJTierney said:

I've been playing since February (Xbox since July) and haven't noticed any input lag; I mainly drive a custom TV-Pod Offset view.

Yeah mate.. I normally play in Cockpit View but I had done a few tests this week to try to change a little.. But I noticed that.. In cockpit i have all the control of the car and response is immediately.. When i go to TCams i felt an addictional very little delay in cornering entering response.. But I played in a Pad.. Haven t tested an wheel yet to know the difference or if this occurs aswell