Invitational event suddenly very hard?

Hi folks!

I have an issue. In the past the invitational events were extremely easy, no matter what sort event it was. But suddenly yesterday i had a invitational event in France with a Williams (2nd season). I had to catch all the cars (5 cars) within 3 laps. Normally no problem you would say.... But now i couldn't catch none! And i was really pedal to the metal, and not driving differently as i always do. Are there people over here with the same issue?

• Agree 2

Im glad it wasnt just me having issues this event. I couldnt get within 5 secs of any other car. I just assumed it was down to Paul Ricard (which i dont like anyway) and just skipped it. It was not worth my time/effort/stress levels to try to complete it.

Edited by dshepsman
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Heinos said:

Hi folks!

I have an issue. In the past the invitational events were extremely easy, no matter what sort event it was. But suddenly yesterday i had a invitational event in France with a Williams (2nd season). I had to catch all the cars (5 cars) within 3 laps. Normally no problem you would say.... But now i couldn't catch none! And i was really pedal to the metal, and not driving differently as i always do. Are there people over here with the same issue?

So it wasn't just me.

I just did an invitation event in Sochi, and it was way more difficult than the first time I did it which I overtook the last car less than midway down the final lap if I remember correctly. This time I had to cut the track like a madman only to barely beat it at the very end of last lap.

The invitational events use your AI difficulty from your last race in the series, whether it's My Career or My Team - so if you last raced at 100 AI, then the Invitational event will have AI 100 difficulty too.  In some cases, depending on the car they give you to drive and the challenge, that can be really difficult.  If that's the case, you need to lower your AI difficulty before you enter the Invitational event, because it doesn't give you the opportunity when you cut in to the Invitational event.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:44 PM, Heinos said:

Hi folks!

I agree mate.. This year some invitational events are beast to beat.. On this in particular you have to be very easy on the throttle and do the right Racing line.. Put the diff on 55 Max and run on Rich fuel mix all the time.. For this Williams car is too easy to loose the rear when Accelerating.. I had passed this event without any issues but there is really really difficult and you need to be very accurate in your driving style 

On 9/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, CarlosSantos87 said:

I agree mate.. This year some invitational events are beast to beat.. On this in particular you have to be very easy on the throttle and do the right Racing line.. Put the diff on 55 Max and run on Rich fuel mix all the time.. For this Williams car is too easy to loose the rear when Accelerating.. I had passed this event without any issues but there is really really difficult and you need to be very accurate in your driving style 

Hmm it's really this particularly event. The others are no problem. This is the first one (also with all the other games) that i am struggling with ever. But no men overboard, i just skip this one because it's not really affecting my career. 😄

But i am glad it's not only me 😛

Edited by Heinos
  • Agree 1

I just had the Russia in the 2006 Renault. I could not catch 1st place. But when I did, I just decided to do a massive Tiametmarduk style of last corner cutting, and I won the race with just a warning HAHAHAHAH. 

If the events will require us to drive like a normal career mode race, then at least give us a chance to setup the car. 

On Medium difficultly all the Invitationals were pretty easy.

France however was bloody tough (by far the hardest) on Medium, but doable (360 PC pad).  I just completed it after about 15 attempts.

-Figure out where you can cut corners. 

-Micro manage fuel. I have fuel mode set to up and down on the right stick. Any slow or long medium speed corners drop down to Lean, use Standard fuel when it makes sense.

- Coast around the long medium speed corners.  

-Be aggressive on passing.  They won't make it easy on you.

15 attempts? For more realism in my team or career mode u should limit attempts you probably should not pass every event. I limit to 3 attempts mostly so I can get at least a little feel for the car handling. If I fail after3 so be it, I also do not use flashbacks unless I am majorly disturbed from an outside of game force. Same for restarts only if there is a disturbance from outside force