F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Update on Anti-cheat measures

Hi CM. I was wondering if you could update the community on the progress of the anti-cheat measures you said you'd be implementing. People are still able to get unrealistic scores in things like the Weekly Events. Currently in Italy there are a few people who have benefited from cheating. Whenever you get a minute, an update would be appreciated. Thank you

• Agree 1

You do have a point, the weekly event leaderboards look ridiculous. Are you sure it's cheating though? I've only participated in one event before this so I don't know if it's the same people getting those kind of scores. If not, it could just be a bug in the game instead of cheating.

• Agree 1

Just now, janbonator said:

You do have a point, the weekly event leaderboards look ridiculous. Are you sure it's cheating though? I've only participated in one event before this so I don't know if it's the same people getting those kind of scores. If not, it could just be a bug in the game instead of cheating.

It happens alot. I've been a leader on here in terms of trying to get CM to fix it. If it's a bug, it's a weird one. We know people are able to have things like extra grip etc due to cheats they enact. I'm more sure they have figured out a way to game the system. It just seems unlikely that a bug would cause a person who didn't qualify to have 300,000 points more than the actual first place guy who I know is legit. Whatever it is, we know a fake time/score when we see one so CM needs to either fix it or monitor the leaderboards and remove these individuals before the event ends.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Overtakesalot said:

It happens alot. I've been a leader on here in terms of trying to get CM to fix it. If it's a bug, it's a weird one. We know people are able to have things like extra grip etc due to cheats they enact. I'm more sure they have figured out a way to game the system. It just seems unlikely that a bug would cause a person who didn't qualify to have 300,000 points more than the actual first place guy who I know is legit. Whatever it is, we know a fake time/score when we see one so CM needs to either fix it or monitor the leaderboards and remove these individuals before the event ends.

Before last weekend I didn't really think it would be possible to cheat, as in increasing grip for example, on PS4. Since then I've had a bug happen a few times when joining an online lobby. What happens is that my frame rate drops to around 10, but the car has an insane amount of grip under braking, cornering and accelerating. If you can handle the frames without vomiting, you can go godly fast. I now have an understanding what triggers it, but I've yet to edit the videos and file a report, because I'm not that comfortable in exposing such an exploit to the public. That being said, it's not cheating in traditional terms, more like exploiting a glitch.

I agree with cleaning up the leaderboards in events and Time Trial. Unfortunately I don't have very high expectations. Dirt Rally had for years stages with WR times that were less than one sector of a legit run - and that's in a game where you only race the clock..

• Agree 1

Then don't post in here, post somewhere you know (and yo do know, because you're a leader) your message is more likely to be seen, or do it via DM. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

Then don't post in here, post somewhere you know (and yo do know, because you're a leader) your message is more likely to be seen, or do it via DM. 

This is a public forum. I would never tell anyone not to post in here. This is a public issue, so posting it in the public chat is the responsible thing to do as everyone will be able to read the response from CM. But thank you for your comment and interest on the subject.

3 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

You're probably right, even though that's not what the bug report rules stipulate.

Forgot to mention that I don't know how it would be possible to trigger the bug in an Event, I only have an idea how it works with unranked sessions with certain lobby options.

I agree with Sir_Overtakesalot, and this might be an appropriate place for this thread - it's not a bug, it's a hack/cheat/exploit.  It is absolutely true that a couple of the last weekly events have had hackers at the top of the leaderboards; they're qualifying times are a couple of seconds ahead of all the legitimate qualy times, and their final results are over-inflated as well. 

It would be nice for CodeMasters to indicate what they're doing to eliminate or prevent this - at the least, they could have a person review the leaderboard results for each of PS4, XBox, and PC weekly events post-qualifying and post-race and remove the cheaters' scores and ban the cheater accounts.  That would take only a couple of hours a week effort from a single individual.  I think it would be entirely appropriate to ban those cheaters - I'm sure the account terms and conditions have clauses that would justify the action.

• Agree 2

@Flash42G  I completely agree that a staff member should review each platform and remove the obvious cheat/exploit scores. I've suggested it myself in the past. It really is the only way to stop these individuals from getting away with it. It's the most simple and effective solution.

• Agree 1

Just sitting thinking about the guy with the 559,366 points at Monza on PS4 or whatever his score was (I don’t remember exactly) , he would have had been doing something like a 40 second lap for all 13 laps to get a score like that. CM should be able to spot either a cheater or inaccurate score like this in a second if they simply looked into it & did the math. They know that we get a set amount of points for certain areas of our scores & the biggest variable is time to complete the entire event. CM simply has to do a better job policing the scores if they want us to believe that we are all being scored fairly. It took me less then a second to realize that the guy in the number 1 spot at 8am this morning, is not legit. Over double the score of second place, please. Impossible. CM could simply delete any suspicious scores, inform the perpetrator that their score has been deleted & they are now flagged. Then also inform them that if they continue to have suspicious scores, they will be temporary banned from events or permanently banned. Something CM!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

Just sitting thinking about the guy with the 559,366 points at Monza on PS4 or whatever his score was (I don’t remember exactly) , he would have had been doing something like a 40 second lap for all 13 laps to get a score like that. CM should be able to spot either a cheater or inaccurate score like this in a second if they simply looked into it & did the math. They know that we get a set amount of points for certain areas of our scores & the biggest variable is time to complete the entire event. CM simply has to do a better job policing the scores if they want us to believe that we are all being scored fairly. It took me less then a second to realize that the guy in the number 1 spot at 8am this morning, is not legit. Over double the score of second place, please. Impossible. CM could simply delete any suspicious scores, inform the perpetrator that their score has been deleted & they are now flagged. Then also inform them that if they continue to have suspicious scores, they will be temporary banned from events or permanently banned. Something CM!!!

There's 3 now. The top 3 have all exploited/cheated. All over 600k. The real 1st place score is 329 or 330. Can't remember exact score. PS4 is off at the moment. UFC is on. I'm in P9 but should be P6. Probably going to miss out on being in the top 10 because of it. At least I got all my points this week.

Edited by Sir_Overtakesalot

I've done some cleanups in this thread, which included removing some personal arguments that weren't really about the thread anymore. If you have an issue with another user, you can block him and/or send him a message 🙂 

If you believe someone has done something that breaks the forum rules, please report it with an appropriate reason.

You can find the forum rules from here. Remember that the 'the content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter.'

Enjoy the rest of your weekends! Codies will be back at full force on Monday as always.

There arent grip cheats they are just using the flashback glitch to get mega times, same thing happens in time trial. 57 second lap at austria in a mclaren with full assists lol ok.

3 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

There arent grip cheats they are just using the flashback glitch to get mega times, same thing happens in time trial. 57 second lap at austria in a mclaren with full assists lol ok.

There's a bug that causes grip levels to go up but I only know how it works in online multiplayer unranked lobbies (PS¤). I will PM one of the moderators about it tomorrow as I don't feel like it would be a great idea to spell it out in public.

• Agree 1

@BarryBL & @RedDevilKT

we deserve a response on weather or not you plan on addressing the scoring issues that have been going on with the scoring of the weekly events the past couple/few weeks. We are just asking that you either acknowledge the issue and/or are working on correcting whatever is causeing players to be able to achieve these super unreal scores. The community deserves something from you. I don’t know if it’s a problem in your programming or people cheating but if you are going to score/rank us, it must be done fairly for all players! I have not turned on my PS4 yet to see last weeks results but I have the feeling that I’m about to get very mad due to the unrealistic scores still being displayed on the top of the leaderboards. It’s CM’s call to score/rank us, at least do it fairly. As I am trying to go for an elite score for every event until F1 2021 is released and one day these few places could keep me from meeting my goal. Just for CM to let the community know that yes you see the issue & are working on a fix would be a great start. SOMETHING G.D.!!!

• Agree 2

Hi @Getts0388

I can empathise the frustrations on this, and we are having internal discussions on this subject about the best move moving forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL

Thank you for the response. It is extremely bothersome for me as the weekly events are my favorite mode. I switched to the CM F1 series in hopes of finding good multiplayer racing as GT sport was/is filled with dive- bombers and rammers. I thought a fragile F1 car would provide me with the clean multiplayer racing I was looking for. I was wrong but I am still enjoying it far more than GT sport. Thanks again!

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Getts0388

I can empathise the frustrations on this, and we are having internal discussions on this subject about the best move moving forward.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue.

I have not claimed my trophy (finished P11) because there are several bugged out scores ahead of me. To be honest I'm not sure if the trophy is any different between, say, P11 or P7. I was just wondering whether I should expect a fix before the mail for the trophy claim expires?

@janbonator. You are P7 and I should be P9. But because of the 4 scores at the top we are 4 places further up the Leaderboard. We both missed out on our deserved top 10 finish. 

@BarryBL

The only way to ensure this issue doesn't continue to happen is you need to designate a staff member to unfortunately wake up at 4 or 5 am your time and purge the leaderboards on all platforms before the event ends. Either that or you need to figure out a way to allocate the proper trophies after the Event ends if staff has not purged the leaderboard pre-events end and they do it after, as has happened in the past. It may seem silly to some but I enjoy displaying my trophies and I get a sense of pride for getting a top 10 finish. It is a competition after all. Hopefully staff can figure out the proper and most effectively consistent way to deal with this. I think my suggestion of purging before the event ends is really the only effective way, perhaps you can designate this job to an individual you trust who lives in the Western part of the World and will be able to complete this task at a more reasonable hour.  

Below you will see an image of the 4 scores I've mentioned. They are clearly not obtainable had the event been done legitimately. It should take a few seconds for someone to say, these scores are bs and need to go. Then however long the process takes to delete them.

20200906_114308.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1