Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

I.A drivers do not attempt a quick second lap in the qualifier.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I.A drivers do not attempt a quick second lap in the qualifier. This happens in Q1 and Q2, the drivers only take one lap at the beginning of the session and do not return to the track, and sometimes end up being eliminated for that. 

In a few steps I saw McLaren and Racing Point eliminated in Q1, Ferrari and Red Bull in Q2, with Verstappen and Leclerc.  And in the image Leclerc was eliminated in Q1, as he did not return the track for a second attempt.

In Q3 everyone makes two quick laps.

In the Bahrain stage shown, only 7 drivers had a second try in Q1.

2.       Platform

Xbox One

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode?
Career mode, Grand Prix, My Team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
Nine

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.
I played in several different stages

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
Gamepad

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
YES

@BarryBL

IMG_20200905_211935669_HDR.jpg.d58ffa0b34ce2edbd43808d91ae46453.jpg

IMG_20200905_212000822.jpg.d582081c1277f463151bd2f1bed2f3d3.jpg

Edited by Gladystonff

Hi everyone,

I've just attempted replication on this one. On your examples, if you click on 'View Times' on each driver, how many laptimes come up? In my test, all expected drivers completed 2 runs. Hamilton didn't run at all in Q2 because I was controlling the car. See below:

13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've just attempted replication on this one. On your examples, if you click on 'View Times' on each driver, how many laptimes come up? In my test, all expected drivers completed 2 runs. Hamilton didn't run at all in Q2 because I was controlling the car. See below:

Why is the tyre column empty for some drivers?

Just now, RS Phil said:

Would be a separate issue, that will need bugging. Got to do a few more replication attempts for that. I'm leaning toward this being the issue rather than the AI not having 2 runs in Q2, just need some confirmation that AI are doing 2 times for others.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

In Q1, about 7 drivers try a second attempt, and in Q2, 7 to 8 drivers.

10 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

In Q1, about 7 drivers try a second attempt, and in Q2, 7 to 8 drivers. 

This is the case, but would be by design. Does this become a larger issue in MyTeam & Career, where the field of drivers can become closer together?. Logically, on the generic field spread of cars on the standard 1.08 at the time of writing, it'd be reasonable to presume those drivers would be a risk. Possibly slightly more in Q1.

Yes, in career mode, Verstappen and Leclerc were eliminated in Q2 at the same stage.  I already had this problem in F1 2018, and it was fixed in patch 1.13, if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, RS Phil said:

Here in England, only 8 drivers have returned to the track.  It is not possible for McLaren not to try a second time, so much so that Norris was 13th, or even Alfa Tauro, which in performance is only the 7th team on the grid.  Only Ferrari, Mercedes and RBR could afford to try just one lap.

IMG_20200907_114414054_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200907_114449968.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

Yes, in career mode, Verstappen and Leclerc were eliminated in Q2 at the same stage.  I already had this problem in F1 2018, and it was fixed in patch 1.13, if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly this patch, 1.13 was fixed in F1 2018.

Screenshot_20200907-115935_1.png

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Would be a separate issue, that will need bugging. Got to do a few more replication attempts for that. I'm leaning toward this being the issue rather than the AI not having 2 runs in Q2, just need some confirmation that AI are doing 2 times for others.

Just check in Russia today and they all did 2 attempts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

There are some tracks that the cars move closer to, with less time difference.  In all the tracks I tested, most didn’t take two laps.  Were in Australia, Bahrain, China, Vietnam, Holland, Spain, France, England, Austria, Brazil, Mexico and Canada

@BarryBL, do you guys try and implement the fixes on the games in development only to have them pop back up after release? After all, it's odd that a bug fixed in F1 2018 would recur in a game being delveloped at that time, unless some newly-implemented code caused it.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

16 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

@BarryBL, do you guys try and implement the fixes on the games in development only to have them pop back up after release? After all, it's odd that a bug fixed in F1 2018 would recur in a game being delveloped at that time, unless some newly-implemented code caused it.

Typically not. However, we can't guarantee that something might not happen. @Gladystonff, did you check laptimes like previously mentioned. My test was at GBR and the cars, in terms of setting lap times, behaved as expected

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Typically not. However, we can't guarantee that something might not happen. @Gladystonff, did you check laptimes like previously mentioned. My test was at GBR and the cars, in terms of setting lap times, behaved as expected

This is different from F1 2019, as everyone had two attempts to return per session.  Looking at real life, all the drivers make two attempts back, on all tracks, even Mercedes. As the image below shows from the last race in monza, as only 3 cars did not return to the track in Q1.

So the fact is not how many drivers are back on track, but that no one can afford not to try.  I haven't played more than one season in career mode.  And over the years when cars tend to get closer in performance, will it be the same?  Pilots eliminated for lack of a second attempt?  It is clear that this is not right.

EhKBy96WoAIjrR-.jpeg

Normal is not, are the drivers already sure that they will not be eliminated?  With the correction of the performance of the teams this will be resolved, because Williams is far behind. @BarryBL

On 9/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, Gladystonff said:

This is different from F1 2019, as everyone had two attempts to return per session.  Looking at real life, all the drivers make two attempts back, on all tracks, even Mercedes. As the image below shows from the last race in monza, as only 3 cars did not return to the track in Q1.

So the fact is not how many drivers are back on track, but that no one can afford not to try.  I haven't played more than one season in career mode.  And over the years when cars tend to get closer in performance, will it be the same?  Pilots eliminated for lack of a second attempt?  It is clear that this is not right.

EhKBy96WoAIjrR-.jpeg

On 9/8/2020 at 6:09 AM, BarryBL said:

In China, in Q1 only the cars from Williams, Alfa Romeo, Hass and Ocon went for a second try.  Stroll did not attempt a second attempt and was eliminated.  It seems to be scheduled forever in Q1, 7 cars to go on the track. @BarryBL

IMG_20200911_212118655.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, RS Phil said:

@RS Phil What difficulty do you play?  I tested on difficulty 96 and this happened below.

@BarryBL I played with Hamilton, and even Giovinazzi did not try a second attempt.  It looks like it is scheduled for 7 cars (counting on me) to go out for a second lap in Q1.  And 8 cars in Q2.  This happens on all tracks.

IMG_20200914_155718745.jpg

IMG_20200914_160133233.jpg

I played in Spain, career mode, with rain.  And only 08 drivers went for a second try, even with the weather improving.

• Agree 1

It is clear to me that there is a problem.  All drivers must return to the track, including the best teams, just as it did in F1 2019, and of course, as in real life.

@BarryBL

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Proracer20 said:

It is clear to me that there is a problem.  All drivers must return to the track, including the best teams, just as it did in F1 2019, and of course, as in real life.

@BarryBL

Especially when a track is improving from wet weather, I saw in Tiametmarduk's video that it was heavy rain at the start of Qualifying (don't remember which one) and everyone went out on Wets. When the track improved there were only a few that went out on Inters while everyone should have been out on Inters, could this be looked into as well? @BarryBL

• Agree 1

Multiplayer: 18-minute qualifying with AI. They only do 1 lap.

I have played several online races with a friend. We had to stop using short qualifying (18 minutes) because the AI only does one flying lap at the beginning of the session. After that, they stay in the garage until the end of the session.

• Agree 1

Same here: PS4 1.09 Career, Belgium GP, Q2.

Leclerc in P14 with Medium compound, he didn't attempt a second lap (on Soft)

Img_3308.thumb.jpg.65f6a48c7d23f0b8aaf426930dc841b1.jpg

Img_3307.thumb.jpg.e5f4f9b8e38410541619195550941f6e.jpg

• Agree 1