Sign in to follow this  

Error code "NM14" when joining Weekly Event race

Here we go again "Codemasters",  Error: NM14  ( your so called rare error no one knows what it means.....

Two weeks in a row and receiving this same error while joining the Weekly Event.   No problem connecting to any other race in multiplayer.  I spent 2 hours practicing this morning, Turned off VPN, firewall and antivirus to no avail. 

Last week It took me 6 hours to connect then got punted off the track by an idiot, tried a few more times then gave up.

Very Frustrating,  Should you change the name of the company to something more appropriate.  Should I take it you all no longer wish for us to engage in the Weekly Event?

????

Edited by BenDoverCommy

Same issue as last week Barry,  Error NM14 on attempt to join Weekly Event.

Turned off VPN,Firewall and Antivirus just to be safe and make sure I had the fastest connection possible (verified 260Mbps Down 31Mbps Up).   There are no problems connecting to other servers (both ranked and unranked)

Last week was over 8 hours wasted,  I'm not sure if i'm going to invest that much time again this weekend.  If this is a problem with Steam I would suggest you make it clear to them to fix their issue or start your own server farm to connect players of your software.

Same problem here - NM14. Tries to go through the "matchmaking" then NM14. Then it gets into a loop "communicating with online services" which it never comes out of.

Not I have to try again in another hour's time.

Any ideas?

On 2/22/2020 at 7:24 PM, BenDoverCommy said:

Same issue as last week Barry,  Error NM14 on attempt to join Weekly Event.

Turned off VPN,Firewall and Antivirus just to be safe and make sure I had the fastest connection possible (verified 260Mbps Down 31Mbps Up).   There are no problems connecting to other servers (both ranked and unranked)

Last week was over 8 hours wasted,  I'm not sure if i'm going to invest that much time again this weekend.  If this is a problem with Steam I would suggest you make it clear to them to fix their issue or start your own server farm to connect players of your software.

Are you running W7 or W10?

This weeks event and second game I have got a NM14 error message, I have just verified the files, all good. Running version 1.22 with the latest windows 10 update. All drivers are up to date. It fail to do a dump file as I have noticed it crashes the game every time this occurs so I have to restart the game! 

I am using the game with steam and using fanalab software version 1.12. V2.5 Wheel base, V3 pedals, Formula V2 Wheel. Steam overlay turned off. I have this game port forwarded and has been a lot better since I did so.

PC specs R7 3800, Asus 2070 Super advanced, 16gb Trident Z Neo 3200, Asus Rog Strix Gaming-E motherboard, Win 10 Pro. The software runs cpu at 4.2 gHz and graphics card is running factory spec. 

This only seems to happen occasionally, but is frustrating when it does as weekend races are in limited number. Hope this info is helpful. AEST 18:00pm was the time slot in question!

Regards

Again today I have already had two session s come up with NM14 error, again checked files in steam and they were all good and so was connection as I checked that. I also reduced resolution and optimised all drives. You can see all my specs in post above. I am not going to waste my time any longer, very dissapointed! Does Codemasters even know the cause of this issue. It is also causing the game to crash after it happens without egodump file being created? Regards

I just got on to try again and it failed again with the same error message NM14!!

salve non riesco a partecipare evento f1 2019, al momento del collegamento dopo aver aspettato in linea per partecipare mi dice: Errore MN14 impossibile collegarsi

questa è la seconda gara che perdo per lo stesso errore,

Posted (edited)
hi I can not attend event f1 2019, at the moment or the connection after waiting in line to participate tells me: Error MN14 unable to connect

this is the second race that i lose for the same mistake,
Edited by 1512marcel
Adjusting size is a pain

28 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

hello I cannot participate in the f1 2019 event, at the moment or the connection after waiting in line to participate tells me: error MN14 impossible to connect this is the second race that I lose for the same error,

Hi @SamTuCan1,

Have you tried the solution in the recommended for this post?

Also, if providing updates, please try to refrain from multiple posts in a short period of time. Consider using the 'edit' option on the first post to provide updates

16 hours ago, PeppeConsiglio said:

hello I cannot participate in the f1 2019 event, at the moment or the connection after waiting in line to participate tells me: error MN14 impossible to connect this is the second race that I lose for the same error,

I have merged your post to the leading thread. Try to see if there are any solutions for you in this thread.

Hi just wanted to say that it happened to me today, once. Have tried all suggested fixes and only happens randomly every now and then but this mixed with drivers deliberately running you off track at first turn every race, it is getting to be a bit of a joke to the point of not wasting my time. Such a shame as it has potential!

Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the developers on this error code. Please see below:

"The error happens when you join a game session successfully, but while trying to communicate with the host of that game session, your network state changes to "disconnected" indicating there's a problem communicating with the host. The most likely case is joining a session as the host is terminating.

I think the most likely explanation is unfortunate timing – the host of the game they were joining quit as they were joining, and you can’t migrate because you didn’t finish connecting to the host before they left"

Crashing under the Weekly Event is still under investigation. If possible, I'd like to know how consistent this is for users. For example, if they try to join 5 different online sessions, do they see the NM-14 error code in all 5 sessions? Just to help test our diagnosis.

I've merged topics as they are on the same error code

Posted (edited)

Hey!

I am having the same error in only Weekly Events. The rest of Online sessions work fine. I had the same error in the previous Bahrain GP last week and now in Austria. I am validating the files as I am writing, so Ill update this post if it works.

EDIT: Just worked, by verifying game files.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the developers on this error code. Please see below:

"The error happens when you join a game session successfully, but while trying to communicate with the host of that game session, your network state changes to "disconnected" indicating there's a problem communicating with the host. The most likely case is joining a session as the host is terminating.

I think the most likely explanation is unfortunate timing – the host of the game they were joining quit as they were joining, and you can’t migrate because you didn’t finish connecting to the host before they left"

Crashing under the Weekly Event is still under investigation. If possible, I'd like to know how consistent this is for users. For example, if they try to join 5 different online sessions, do they see the NM-14 error code in all 5 sessions? Just to help test our diagnosis.

Edited by Kron98

Posted (edited)

Has any solution been found to this? It's plagued me this weekend trying to complete the weekly event.

No connectivity issues and I've verified the integrity of the local files.

I've also tried a clean reboot after every failed attempt to connect.

Same as others, the matchmaking process starts and then it ties to connect and immediately you get the NM14 error code. I then have to terminate the program manually.

Not sure if it helps but I tried and failed to connect at:

4pm

5pm

10pm

All times BST.

Edited by rogere

Every. Single. Time trying to join the weekly event.  No problem joining ranked or unranked multiplayer.477542104_2020-04-05(5).thumb.png.d1a2e666b7aed94eaa58ebff4d5c546c.png

@BarryBL, what would those be?  We're obviously all have the same problem with the weekly event.  As I said, I can join other multiplayer sessions just fine.