Sign in to follow this  

Error code "NM14" when joining Weekly Event race

Really Dev's think that is our problem when only 1565 of 4990 did the event? i tried 2 times and nothing, fckn kmr44 error

7ba2deacabb911554839fb6627ffd1f1.jpg

• Agree 1

295/5000

Hello, again I have the error nm14 in f1 2020, I find it embarrassing that we still do not have a solution to this error that we have been with for several years. I can't connect to any multiplayer game with or without ranked and also not to the weekly event, embarrassing .......

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. -I can't access any multiplayer mode with rating error nm14 no rating error kmr5

2.       Platform -steam
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)  -1.08
4.       Game-mode? -multiplayer
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. -Multiple replication both in classification mode of 5 laps or 25%, as in any game of mode without classification I cannot enter I have tried at least 10 times
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue -I have verified the game files in steam, I have uninstalled and installed the game, I have deactivated the firewall of my computer, I have deactivated the antivirus, I have reset the roouter and it never works
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) gamepad  original xbox one
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

nm14.png

• Agree 1

I have the same problem !  In multiplayer mode a i cant connect at ranked , unranked or League. I can understand why ?

Yesterday i played just in ranked and unranked but  not can play in League . 

Posted (edited)

Yep getting the exact same error when trying to join ranked. On unranked I cannot join any game session and I just get a generic error message "Failed to join game session".

Edited by Peaches1872

Its after the update, i have the same problem with two of my friends.

😞

Sorry this is the way. I wanted to do Belgium before the real deal eeh... 😞

I verified the files,

updated GPU drivers,

reset my router after switching of for 10 mins,

restarted my pc

Speedtest (All good)

Can play other games

Update to patch 1.08(afterwards i have this)

Tried for 10 mins to connect to RANKED, UNRENKED, CREATE OWN LOBBY(no one can join)

Have an RTX GPU (awesome pc)

Great rig

NOW WHAT.....???

1 minute ago, Cherubwings said:

I verified the files,

updated GPU drivers,

reset my router after switching of for 10 mins,

restarted my pc

Speedtest (All good)

Can play other games

Update to patch 1.08(afterwards i have this)

Tried for 10 mins to connect to RANKED, UNRENKED, CREATE OWN LOBBY(no one can join)

Have an RTX GPU (awesome pc)

Great rig

NOW WHAT.....???

I've pretty much done the exact same, it's definitely an issue on their end. The lobbies seem to never change on unranked either.

Posted (edited)

We need an explanation of what these error codes mean from the developer.

First try at MP with 1.08 was basically disastrous. No-one is sure if these errors were a Steam issue or the game.

@BarryBL here's a template 

1.       A detailed description of the issue.

Basically invites were not working.

2.       Platform 

PC Steam

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Multiplayer

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Everyone was inviting everyone else, initially my lobby was set to 'Invite Only' then 'Friends Only' then two others attempted to host.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

All other connectivity was open (web, other services, etc.)

7.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

Have screenshots.

20200826201303_1.thumb.jpg.0bdf8b1cf9f0c447147819fe2fa702bb.jpg20200826200808_1.thumb.jpg.695510f7f526a3d1bb67ad95fa819b21.jpg20200821172950_1.thumb.jpg.b0efed4cb503a5a3692576187d2acc3b.jpg

8.         [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.   

DxDiag.txt

Edited by steviejay69

the same problem with 2020 game nm14 code, patch 1.08 install, and see wats heapend.

Hi,

I was able to play ranked fine, I even managed to qualify A safety rank, however, now the game will not connect to ranked or unranked games, giving me the NM14 error code.

Need help.

Posted (edited)

Same issue here, sometimes i can join a unranked session but 80% not. I am using steam. BTW steam forum is full of those messages maybe for codemasters to read it ?.

Edited by P3P70™ | 1969 - [NL]

Had the error code NM14 in todays weekly event. Crazy this hasn´t been fixed yet. What´s even worse is, that there is a special mission in podium pass on the SERIES-Challenges, where you have to drive 3 races to get that livery. Next week the livery is gone. Thank you codemasters for 8 weeks not fixing this bug, that is affecting players since 2018!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I did a little digging in the F1 2019 forum and these are quotes from earlier. I hope they can be put into the FAQ 

NM14 is a first-party issue, connecting to Steam. Can you try the below and see if it helps:

Check Connectivity Settings, including Firewalls
 Verify the integrity of your game files, in 'Properties' of your game

I've spoken to the developers on this error code. Please see below:

"The error happens when you join a game session successfully, but while trying to communicate with the host of that game session, your network state changes to "disconnected" indicating there's a problem communicating with the host. The most likely case is joining a session as the host is terminating.

I think the most likely explanation is unfortunate timing – the host of the game they were joining quit as they were joining, and you can’t migrate because you didn’t finish connecting to the host before they left"

Edited by steviejay69

KM16 appears to be a similar error in the League mode.

KMR5 appears to be a similar error in the Ranked mode.

NM14 is therefore Unranked/Custom MP mode.

Also got NM14 on the weekly event (this week and last week). Unfortunately you cannot join any other session then but have to wait another hour. This is quite annoying as I cannot wait hours a weekend to join a session hosted by a player with good internet connection. Why aren't these sessions hosted by codemasters? Another solution would be to transfer the host to one of the other players trying to join. That would definitely increase the chance to join the weekly event.

CC @BarryBL

•  Error code "NM14" when joining Weekly Event race
  • Winows
  • Weekley event Italy
  • Wired Connection
  • Does not join session
  • Were you the host -NO
  • Happens always but can play all other game types like ranked multiplayer
  • Join weekly event - join event - timer runs down from 3 min and once from 8 min 
  • No report code
Edited by DMonfrooij