Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brake settings (for wheel users)

does anyone understand how the brake setting works?? so far im just using abs bc i dont want to mess with lockups but it takes away some of the immersion for me. 

+1  that should be a racing game and you can not break. That is one of the biggest faults since the fps bug in f1 2013. our league is stunned.......

THe brake feeling is so realistic, you have to brake like a real f1 driver, you must depress the pedal and release as you approach the corner.

The braking works perfectly. With fresh rubber you smash the brakes and release gradually, when the rubber wears out you need to decrease the time of full braking and brake earlier. 

Dont change anything, use abs if its too difficult. 

Bono00 said:
The brake feeling is so realistic, you have to brake like a real f1 driver, you must depress the pedal and release as you approach the corner.
Plus the brakes have to be warm otherwise they will lock up very easily.

The break saturaion setting is missing.....
But Codemaster makes now weekend and lets us sit ... just sad

um you guys realize f1 drivers will lock up maybe once or twice over a full race?? its a lot easier irl than it is in the game. 

I've studied F1 for many years and been on racing sims for quite a number as well....and I am in no doubt whatsoever that the braking in this game is completely wrong. It is far to easy to lock up..the concept of breaking hard and coming off the pressure is indeed correct but is not accurately represented here. Be aware that the grip levels in time trial are superior..same with online (another old codies trait) .. I suggest those that think they have it all under control..use championship mode..expert or legend..full rain and then see how they fare.
The AI are on skates as usual..and wet or dry..they can brake later and a lot harder.. you wont see many of them locking up anywhere.
Usual Codies throw together that makes them far from masters i'm afraid.