Low fuel runs and setups in My Team practice sessions.

Is this bugging for anyone else currently? Didn't used to do it, but I'm finding two seeming bugs that I think patch caused? If I go to do the low fulel challenge in practice session in My Team it will fail to work. I can take out the fuel to say only have 3.2 laps of fuel, but even after out-lap and hot-lap it doesn't work and the challenge is still not done. I literally have to go to another practice session to get it to work. Happened on both times I've had the challenge recently.

Car setups seem to have gone a bit odd too recently. Now if I have the setup challenge in practice I have to use one of the default setups along with any custom setup. If I try two different custom setups it doesn't seem to see them as different setups anymore. Or that seems to be what I'm seeing.

ANyone else seeing these two things happen??

not seen any of what youre describing. 

I usually get the low fuel run completed during the 'track acclimatisation' task. As for the setup, i do one run (eg 'track acclimatisation') on a setup - usually custom. Then change one setting on that setup (wing/camber etc) - it only needs to be one click up/down, then do another task - normally its the fuel run.

Ive not tried it without doing any of the practice tasks. 

Edited by dshepsman

14 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

not seen any of what youre describing. 

I usually get the low fuel run completed during the 'track acclimatisation' task. As for the setup, i do one run (eg 'track acclimatisation') on a setup - usually custom. Then change one setting on that setup (wing/camber etc) - it only needs to be one click up/down, then do another task - normally its the fuel run.

Ive not tried it without doing any of the practice tasks. 

The fuel one I nearly always do in practice 2 and the qually task. Hell, just because I was curious I did out-lap, hot-lap and then didn't box my in-lap and still didn't get the low fuel task done, despite Jeff moaning at me about low fuel etc.

I'll try what you're doing. I usually do not do a task when I've swapped setup and I never had a problem doing it the way I was still recently. Like I said I used to use two different custom saved setups, but now find they aren't working as they did and I had to use one of my custom ones, and one of codemaster's pre-set setups.

I believe there are two different low fuel challenges - one is to do a lap with a low fuel level; the other is to do a lap with low fuel consumption, and can only be done on the practice fuel usage test where you need to score purple to complete the challenge.  Read the wording on the challenge carefully!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Flash42G said:

I believe there are two different low fuel challenges - one is to do a lap with a low fuel level; the other is to do a lap with low fuel consumption, and can only be done on the practice fuel usage test where you need to score purple to complete the challenge.  Read the wording on the challenge carefully!

Still say it is broken, and changed. Just tried it again in practice 2. Tried in in qually run, and no task at all run. Both didn't work. The wording of the task was, "Complete a lap on minimal fuel." I do read the tasks, and that says nothing about having to do it in the fuel management task.  As it was I did the fuel management task in practice 3 and it worked as soon as I finished the hot-lap.

So while you are right about needing to do it in fuel management, that is not what the task requirement says you need to do, and not how I've previously done it either. The fast sectors for example are clear cut taht you have do them in qualification task, so they might want to change wording a bit maybe on the low fuel task.

Edited by halfblindgamer