Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT 4 possibilities?

JZStudios

So I'm seeing a lot of angry people because DiRT Rally is branching into rallycross and hillclimb, both icons of the general rally, but whatever. People are suggesting that be translated into DiRT 4. I have two problems with this, 1. No other game, or at least recent game, has a decent/simulator rallycross/hillclimb, and 2. DiRT 4 would be meant for a more general audience which more than likely results in wider, shorter stages with less realistic physics, similar to DiRT 3.  So my question is what are the possibilities of a DiRT 4 and what would be included? Simulator? Arcade? Gymkhana?
I would LOVE to see something along the lines of DiRT 3 with more cars, and better, longer, more complex tracks, but with all the physics of DiRT Rally. I really like hillclimb, trucks, and buggies, and would love to see them in an environment like DiRT Rally, no other game has that, and I'm really into buggies/sand rails.
So you want DiRT3 with more cars, more complex tracks and DiRT Rally physics? There already is such a game - it's called DiRT Rally :D Also, the buggies and stuff like that is not yet totaly out of the question. There is a chance that could be in a DLC
I think I would love to see heavy weight vehicles ( again) such as the trophy trucks, buggies, SUV's, etc. to come as the next and first DLC for the game.  But more focused on Rally racing, not like (Dirt 2's) land Rush or Raid game modes, just pure Rally with long tracks just like what we see in Dakar Racing, take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIRroW0dpJA

JZStudios said:
So I'm seeing a lot of angry people because DiRT Rally is branching into rallycross and hillclimb, both icons of the general rally, but whatever. People are suggesting that be translated into DiRT 4.
I've come to the conclusion that the Richard Burns wannabes are a pretty selfish bunch! Although my normal preference is for rally and I play on the PC, I'd be happy to see hillclimb, rallycross and console versions. Share the love ;)
Didzis said:
So you want DiRT3 with more cars, more complex tracks and DiRT Rally physics? There already is such a game - it's called DiRT Rally :D Also, the buggies and stuff like that is not yet totaly out of the question. There is a chance that could be in a DLC
People are already SUPER irate that Codemasters ventured into hillclimb. The bastards.
If they add Buggies in to DiRT Rally I'm sure many people will just quit playing and go back to that 13 year old game.
JZStudios said:
Didzis said
People are already SUPER irate that Codemasters ventured into hillclimb. The bastards.
If they add Buggies in to DiRT Rally I'm sure many people will just quit playing and go back to that 13 year old game.
I agree with you in most part. But I don't think I've witnessed anyone  being SUPER irate yet.
In an ideal world there would be dedicated titles for each diceplin. However I don't  think the man power is big enough for that.
Operator1 said:

JZStudios said:
So I'm seeing a lot of angry people because DiRT Rally is branching into rallycross and hillclimb... what are the possibilities of a DiRT 4 and what would be included? Simulator? Arcade? Gymkhana?

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5248/what-is-your-favorite-discipline-in-the-dirt-series/p1

Note everyone going for rally. That's this current game. DiRT has always been about general dirt racing, and that's how I feel it should be. At this point, they would have to create a DiRT Rally series as well as a DiRT buggies/trucks/rallycross/hillclimb/gymkhana, when they could all be incorporated into a single game. DiRT 3 went an unfair route and forced people to do events they didn't like. If they did a career path like Forza, and allowed people to only play what they want, no one would have a problem. Rally people could do the rally route, hillclimbers could do hillclimb, and trucks and buggies could do Baja. The DiRT career just forces people into what they don't like.
Barnestah said:
JZStudios said:
Didzis said
I agree with you in most part. But I don't think I've witnessed anyone  being SUPER irate yet.
In an ideal world there would be dedicated titles for each diceplin. However I don't  think the man power is big enough for that.
There was a thread for adding buggies into the game and a lot of people were saying it would ruin the game and make it arcade... somehow, and at that point they should add motocross and the Indy 500. A lot of people are upset that pikes peak and rallycross are in.
The solution is:
PRO RACE DRIVER 2
(Not TOCA Race Driver 2.)

It will contains a whole new career mode where it starts from childhood! You´ll be able to play your very own toy cars handled with mouse (hand like). Have a look into our brand new/never seen modes!:
- Pedal toy cars (handled by gas/brake pedals switching at compass)
- RC Cars
- Lego CARS/thing with wheels
- Karting (the slowy trashy one)
- Scalextric
- Taking the driving licence adventure (you´ll have to work hard at Burger King a whole summer. All simulated!)
- ... and like this to the eld.

hehe. hehe.

JZStudios said:
Barnestah said:
JZStudios said:
Didzis said
There was a thread for adding buggies into the game and a lot of people were saying it would ruin the game and make it arcade... somehow, and at that point they should add motocross and the Indy 500. A lot of people are upset that pikes peak and rallycross are in.
This I don't get. How can adding another car make it into an arcade? How it drives is what matters, not what you drive. I'm all for variety 
The thing is that the players have been waiting for a pure RALLY game for ages now and now when we finally have that, we don't want other completely different classes like buggies etc. in the game because those are taking away the dev time that could be used for rally.
Oh come on now, I think some of you are just over reacting. I think we all know that trucks. buggies, SUV's are just as awesome as those rally cars when it's set to rally stages such as Dakar stages. 

Those that saying trucks are arcadey and shouldn't be in the game are just utterly narrow minded and selfish.
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
As a side note, maybe DiRT 4 could incorporate more real tracks?
All the track we have so far in DiRT Rally are real
Are they? I know Pikes Peak obviously is, but I thought the rally stages were sculpted based on locations. A bit like Horizon and Horizon 2. I remember hearing the devs talk about creating stages based around going for thinner goat paths etc. not made for cars. There was also a thread where some someone was talking about the bogus names the tracks have.
Oh come on now, I think some of you are just over reacting. I think we all know that trucks. buggies, SUV's are just as awesome as those rally cars when it's set to rally stages such as Dakar stages. 

Those that saying trucks are arcadey and shouldn't be in the game are just utterly narrow minded and selfish.
I don't know about the Dakar, that seems a little crazy to me. Any game that simulates you getting stuck in sand dunes in a sandstorm, and having your vehicle roll over and then you have to spend the spend the night outside in a safety blanket and wait for something to happen, just doesn't seem that fun to me.

Archived