F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Renault DP World Team Engine Sound.

This may have been raised in the past and I’ve searched but cannot find anything relating to this. 

I’m at Renault in Career Mode and have noticed the engine just doesn’t sound like a Renault engine. The engine in the real world sounds pretty much like a Formula E car. 

This link is on board with Danny Ric at Spa 

The in game engine just sounds ‘generic’. Any idea if a fix is going to come for this? It’s probably the best sounding car on the grid  

Renault is pretty often considered on of the "spot on" sound designs by the community, as far as I know. Obviously you still get people popping up saying it is off by some reason or another, but still...

You'll probably get some kicks out of this thread. It is long, multitude of users chiming in with their opinions, Codemasters staff commenting with their audio capture method (they're all done in loco so what you hear was actually recorded from a RS 20) and plenty of info on the different sound settings you can play with to get a more recognizable sound.

Edit: On second thought, seems to me the in-game sound is right on the money for the McLaren but is missing that high pitch of the MGU-K on the Renault. 

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1

On 9/8/2020 at 8:42 PM, marioho said:

Renault is pretty often considered on of the "spot on" sound designs by the community, as far as I know. Obviously you still get people popping up saying it is off by some reason or another, but still...

You'll probably get some kicks out of this thread. It is long, multitude of users chiming in with their opinions, Codemasters staff commenting with their audio capture method (they're all done in loco so what you hear was actually recorded from a RS 20) and plenty of info on the different sound settings you can play with to get a more recognizable sound.

Edit: On second thought, seems to me the in-game sound is right on the money for the McLaren but is missing that high pitch of the MGU-K on the Renault. 

Thanks for this, I’ll have a look. It’s missing that MGU-K noise as you say. 

In Italian GP is without this sound ... Start time 6:52

Edited by Raymy

My gripe is with the Mercedes engine, particularly the downshifting.  On F1 2020, it sounds pretty rough, like someone threw a wrench in the gearbox or something.  On the video you notice the smoothness of the Mercedes engine when downshifting along with a "whistling" sound.  The sound you hear on the YouTube video is the way it should have been implemented in the game but sadly it isn't.  I'm hoping for a patch that resolves this sound gripe but I'm thinking that this is wishful thinking at best lol

• Thanks 1