Sign in to follow this  

Recommend me a rally game for the XB360

As the title says folks. I'm fancying some rallying on my 360. There are lots of games out there.....but which one to get?

3 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

Dirt Rally 2.0, its superb imo but really really hard lol

Dirt Rally 2.0......I think this is the game that I've downloaded the demo on my XBox One and indeed it's a good game which has piqued my interest in maybe giving rallying a try. Or do you mean Colin McCrae Dirt 2 for the XBox 360? I'm hoping to get a second hand rallying game for 360. The cheaper the better! With good offline game modes if possible. I'm not into online gaming experience.

17 hours ago, Scrogs said:

Dirt Rally 2.0......I think this is the game that I've downloaded the demo on my XBox One and indeed it's a good game which has piqued my interest in maybe giving rallying a try. Or do you mean Colin McCrae Dirt 2 for the XBox 360? I'm hoping to get a second hand rallying game for 360. The cheaper the better! With good offline game modes if possible. I'm not into online gaming experience.

Depends on what you want, I have done some real life rallying (I was way bad at it) and I wanted a very good simulation for a game, so I sank 500-600 hours into Dirt Rally 2.0 and I was not disappointed (I was still bad though). If you're after a bit more of a casual experience then I can recommend CMs Dirt4, its a lot less simulation and a lot more accessible. It is a little aged now (graphics) but still a lot of fun. Do you have a wheel for your Xbox? rallying without a wheel is impossible imo...you need to be able to feel the grip through the force feedback so you can judge when to put the power on etc. 

I have not played any other rally games so can't advise on them.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your suggestions KittyFit90. I'm playing with a pad so have to use visual clues for braking and throttle (like heading for a tree or rolling the car, lol). I've enjoyed playing the Dirt Rally demo which had some sort of feedback vibration in the controller.

Maybe go down the arcade rather than the sim route.....I just wanna take corners sideways......oh, and write off a few Lancias.

1 hour ago, Scrogs said:

Thank you for your suggestions KittyFit90. I'm playing with a pad so have to use visual clues for braking and throttle (like heading for a tree or rolling the car, lol). I've enjoyed playing the Dirt Rally demo which had some sort of feedback vibration in the controller.

Maybe go down the arcade rather than the sim route.....I just wanna take corners sideways......oh, and write off a few Lancias.

Just park your Lancia in the open and let the rain take care of that!:classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

The Xbox 360 allows you to play Richard Burns Rally.

That is, the original Xbox game, which on the 360 is backwards compatible, and  frame locked and so a smoother and better experience.

You can't play it on the Xbox One.

If you can't afford any other console, it's pretty amazing to have that to play as it's the greatest rally simulation you can get outside of DR2.0

I was looking at getting Richard Burns Rally but didn't think it could be played on a 360 console! I ended up getting Dirt 2 for my 360.

RWC 8 is the game that I went for for my XBox One.