Well this looks promising!

As is with most software developments an imperfect version is released and it gets improved. So far so good from my side 

You can't drive through your opponent.  Just tried it at the last corner of Abu Dhabi.  You bounce off and get hit with engine cut penalty.

Ok.. this is the first steps to fair gameplay... I understand that.

But I had a grid start at Suzuka, and when the lights went out the other driver instantly tried to take me out, so I was like "huh, let's see if this ghosting works...", then going into First Turn, they decided to break check me which I had partially anticipated but my R&D setup was not set for high braking setup resulting in a ram into his back and triggering the ghost mode, however, it was a little bit too late for the ghost mode as I had already accidentally rammed into his back. Next going into turns 3 and 4 of the S curves, I had an opening to overtake them going wide on turn 4 but they decided to turn into me while I was half a cars length beside them, then thank goodness the ghosting was triggered but half a second later the ghosting disappeared and I was inside of their car and it sends me flying...

I hate those Suzuka S curves for overtaking it’s always risky I save the move for later. It’s tough getting two cars side by side through there

• Agree 1

Must be a disgruntled employee who set out to completely ruin the game before he left.

Literally wasting everyone’s investments into their car. 

also the new ‘brake failure’ bug is unbelievable. 
‘ oh we are truly sorry ‘ etc etc
I believe they got too greedy and were to busy filling their belly’s with wine and caviar to notice how much of a **** up they made.

Some players are using this ghosting to their own advantage by triggering the ghosting and driving through me... this defeats the purpose of defending a position really... Codemasters need to penalise the player who triggered the ghosting and actually drives inside the other car or within the car's hitbox.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Tornado1v1 said:

Some players are using this ghosting to their own advantage by triggering the ghosting and driving through me... this defeats the purpose of defending a position really... Codemasters need to penalise the player who triggered the ghosting and actually drives inside the other car or within the car's hitbox.

Agreed, that’s exactly what I put down in the survey even though they don’t even ask our opinion on how it can be improved.

• Like 1

A lot of people just wanted to do qualis and it’s like it now. It’s like a quali run with traffic (AI cars). There’s no real wheel to wheel racing against a competitor but maybe it’s not a bad thing 

1 hour ago, KMPkemp said:

A lot of people just wanted to do qualis and it’s like it now. It’s like a quali run with traffic (AI cars). There’s no real wheel to wheel racing against a competitor but maybe it’s not a bad thing 

I actually enjoy the wheel to wheel racing against another driver, it just really rare at this point in time.

8 hours ago, PB111 said:

Agreed, that’s exactly what I put down in the survey even though they don’t even ask our opinion on how it can be improved.

I just had a duel a moment ago, and it seems with the ghosting system, the other unfair driver still tries to take me out even with such a system to prevent that. And the ghosting works only a few times before they actually get what they want, and that is to take me out and take away the points that were not well deserved... especially in the Esports leagues.

45 minutes ago, Tornado1v1 said:

I actually enjoy the wheel to wheel racing against another driver, it just really rare at this point in time.

You can no longer do blocking and it took away the fun of racing.

• Agree 1

For me there was very little wheel-to-wheel racing before the collision shield, 99/100 I was taken out by my opponent at the start. 

I'm not a huge fan of the shield because it has taken a bit of an unknown from the game, but I've won a whole lot more duels because of it. At first people tried to ram me at the start of races and they'd just go off the track, now they don't even bother and the races are much cleaner because of it. 

The shield can protect you only briefly.  If your opponent hits you twice in a row on the straight, he can still get you.

I'm seeing my car going airborne a lot more after getting hit with the shield.  This is ridiculous.

• Agree 1

I’ve rarely been sent airborne and in my experience it’s normally slower drivers / cars that do the ramming. So by avoiding that first contact at the start or first corner then it’s then it’s normally all alright after

When I hit my opponent and trigger ghost, my car feels the impact and goes wobbly. 
but when opponent hits me, I get wobbly but they just ghost through.... duh....

Tired of the latest tactic of the unskilled players.  I think most of us know you can get booted from behind at slower corners or hairpins, sending you through the corner for a nice time penalty Or DNF. Recently, beginning a race there is a few seconds where the opponent can repeatedly sideswipe you, perhaps into a wall, an AI car, etc.  I get it, they suck giant ineptitude balls, so this is their best chance at being a winning loser.  Granted, I have enjoyed these tools, smack the wall and DNF when the “shield” becomes active and they ghost right through me.   

just to clarify, I don’t think the “shield” is much of a fix as it’s already been defeated.

I can say one thing, I decided to try out Real Racing 3 and what I’ve realised is that the fundamental problem is that f1 mobile is 90% multiplayer 10% events whereas RR3 is the other way around and therefore your achievements are more self dependent in RR3.

this is never going to happen in F1 mobile as long as you need to do duels all day long to get the necessary credits and boxes for updating your PI. 
F1 mobile is still more realistic but I’m starting to think that it’s not worth the aggro.

I haven't noticed many instances in the past few days in which Collision Shield has not worked.  It seems to have improved.

Got rammed from the back by my opponent along Serraglio at Monza. I had slowed to avoid hitting a bot. Opponent didn’t ghost through. Hit spun me off track. 
close contact seems to work fine though. 

It's a bit hit and miss....

🤣

Edited by G1bby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, G1bby said:
2 minutes ago, G1bby said:

It's a bit hit and miss....

Sucks a bit more after a bit of a hit

Another aspect, is grid start, racing to first corners, for some, it's no more than a roll of the dice to smash the bots and see who comes out ahead.  The potential collateral damage caused by that silly tactic is too great for some to ignore.  So sad