Jump to content Jump to content

Well this looks promising!

Just had my first taste of it and it worked beautifully. 
first corner at spa my opponent went straight through while i turned the corner normally. Previously he would have smashed on the side of me using me as his breakes. 
problem was after that, a bot stopped dead and i got a dnf. :-)

15 minutes ago, PB111 said:

The way I understand it is that when you’re about to hit both cars turn ghost temporarily which means the rammer will pass right through you without interfering with you. 

2 minutes ago, PB111 said:

Just had my first taste of it and it worked beautifully. 
first corner at spa my opponent went straight through while i turned the corner normally. Previously he would have smashed on the side of me using me as his breakes. 
problem was after that, a bot stopped dead and i got a dnf. :-)

How come I still got hit at Spa by my opponent when he got a faster car and tried to aggressively overtake me at Turn 7 (Les Combes)?  I was bounced off track and hit with a penalty.

1 hour ago, PB111 said:

Are you getting the “collision shield enabled” message come up before the race?

Now I see it.  It worked in some situations but not 100%.  For example, at Montreal, it worked before and at the hairpin but not at the last chicane when I tried to take it flat out by taking a different line while my opponent took the "racing line".  He hit me, sent me straight to the "wall of champions" and instant DNF.  I thought it would have worked like quali but it didn't.  I think it has to be deliberate cheating and not hard racing.

Update: I can confirm it doesn't work at very low speed.  In the Brazil tight corners I still get pushed off track.  I really think they should just make both cars permanent ghost cars to each other so it's like quali within sprint / grid start but you still get to race the AIs.

Edited by mobileracingfan

1st ghost race on grid. My opponent started p7 but went p1 even before the lights turned green. 
2nd ghost race, opponent just went straight through me at 1st spa corner. 
Does this mean we can just go through opponents when chasing them down? Not much of picking your overtakes and protecting your position left isn’t it?

Not working too well at the first corner of Hungary.  I was at P1 and deliberately took the normal racing line just to test the system.  Boom my opponent at P4 or 5 T-boned me while I was making my turn slowly.  I saw the guard flashing but it did nothing for me.  I bounced off track and went straight to the back end of the grid.  The system doesn't seem to work at low speed.

Still at phase 1; so still need lots of improvements. 

my question is, when you’re trying to protect your position near the finish line, is your opponent will ghost you and goes through to take the win?

Against AI cars, don’t stay right behind them as they can brake suddenly. Just staggering and pass when you get a chance.

3 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

It's not like quali.  You will bounce off if you try to rear end / go through your opponent.

I just ran a sprint duel at Spa and the opponent drove right through me on the straight after eau rouge. He bumped through the turn twice, then went behind me and sped right through. Please fix this CM! The collision detection enables after the car has already bumped me, making it useless.

53 minutes ago, Hathama said:

I just ran a sprint duel at Spa and the opponent drove right through me on the straight after eau rouge. He bumped through the turn twice, then went behind me and sped right through. Please fix this CM! The collision detection enables after the car has already bumped me, making it useless.

If you read the message from CM you’ll see that this is only temporary and they will be asking for our feedback. That’s the time to tell them what you think.

After months of asking them to do something about the cheats, I think it’s good to see them trying something. From what I gather, they have other options which they will probably try as well so hopefully it will eventually be fixed.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:33 PM, elimmel said:

1st ghost race on grid. My opponent started p7 but went p1 even before the lights turned green. 
2nd ghost race, opponent just went straight through me at 1st spa corner. 
Does this mean we can just go through opponents when chasing them down? Not much of picking your overtakes and protecting your position left isn’t it?

Yep, 

total balls up.

start a race get ghosted, get stuck in the pack get brake checked n every corner.

which f****ing idiot is responsible for the Ai cars ?****

5 hours ago, Dba1 said:

Yep, 

total balls up.

start a race get ghosted, get stuck in the pack get brake checked n every corner.

which f****ing idiot is responsible for the Ai cars ?****

The AI cars are horrible. Literally half speed in corners and random brake checks on long straights -- even the long Baku straight!

4 hours ago, Hathama said:

The AI cars are horrible. Literally half speed in corners and random brake checks on long straights -- even the long Baku straight!

CM is aware of this "brake test" issue and working on a fix.

https://codemasters.helpshift.com/a/f1-mobile-racing/?s=hot-topics-known-issues&f=update-14---a-i-opponents-brake-slow-down-abruptly-since-the-release-of-the-last-update&p=web

I’m trying to keep an open mind about the new ghosting system but at the moment there is more ruined races than good ones. The ghosting is a bit too random, works sometimes and you get bumped off at other times and you never know when it’s going to happen.

Needs more fine tuning I think.

Ok, i have to say, so far the ghosting is working for me. I have been racing clean. One grid duel, i was behind and accidentally bump my opponent from behind bcos i was faster. He then became a ghost and the race carried on. He wasn’t pushed off track or anything. I finished 1st and he 2nd. I think this ghosting system works. CM just needs to tweak for improvement. I’m liking the game more now.

AI cars, just dont stay right behind them. Staggered then pass when you get a chance because they’d suddenly slow down and you’d crashed into them.