Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Audio glitching throughout a session

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • We had a league race in a private lobby. Right from the first lap of short qualifying to the end of the 50% race in Canada, my audio was glitching. The audio was kind of "shredded" with high-frequency cut-offs in all sounds (car, Jeff etc.). It happened on every lap and always on the same points of track - most notably through the approach, apex and exit of the last chicane, as well as the first corner(s), but also on some other parts of the track. Some ghost cars also appeared for a brief moment on some laps through the last chicane.
  • Platform
    • PS4
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues
    • Unranked invite-only private lobby
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
    • PS4 wired to a 4G hub.
  • The amount of players in your session?
    • 20 drivers + 1 spectator
  • Were you the host?
    • No
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
    • Didn't hear anyone else having problems with audio, but some drivers had other issues.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • I don't know how to deliberately make that happen. I've had it happen a few times before but I have no idea what causes it.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • I don't know. I had launched the game and done some Time Trial in Canada. Then I went to the main menu and joined the session through an invite. The first invite didn't work but I got in on second try.
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.
    • I don't have an error code, unfortunately.
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?
    • I did not stream the session but saved it on PS4. In the following video, you can hear the issue right at the start of the video on my qualifying lap 00:00-01:18 in the video. After that there's highlights from a race session where the problem remained unchanged. However, I put music of top of it as it was painful enough to listen to it live.

Edited by janbonator
added the video

@BarryBL I get this every single race to the point where i am now unable to league race.

Platform : Xbox One X - only in online lobbies.

Qualifying is always fine, as soon as we move into the race the sound is always glitched and stuttery. Does not matter wet or dry.

My clip : https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyObliviousElephantOneHand

Another clip : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/769545497

Please can you look into this.

Edited by maxibone33

2 hours ago, maxibone33 said:

@BarryBL I get this every single race to the point where i am now unable to league race.

Platform : Xbox One X - only in online lobbies.

Qualifying is always fine, as soon as we move into the race the sound is always glitched and stuttery. Does not matter wet or dry.

Please can you look into this.

@maxibone33, can you please complete a bug report on this. Link:

@issueskid just tagging you in this one ready for the bug report 😛 

• A detailed description of the issue.   Qualifying is always fine, as soon as we move into the race the sound is always glitched and stuttery. Does not matter wet or dry.
  • Platform Xbox One X
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 1.10.1
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues Unranked
  • Wired or Wireless Connection? Wired
  • The amount of players in your session? 20 drivers + 1 streamer
  • Were you the host? No
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? A few people in the session, i have two clips.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? Happens almost every race so no problem
  • How do you make the problem happen? Playing the game.
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here. Too late now.

@BarryBL There ya go, i think its sad that nothing is done unless this form is filled out.

Edited by maxibone33

20 minutes ago, maxibone33 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.   Qualifying is always fine, as soon as we move into the race the sound is always glitched and stuttery. Does not matter wet or dry.
  • Platform Xbox One X
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 1.10.1
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues Unranked
  • Wired or Wireless Connection? Wired
  • The amount of players in your session? 20 drivers + 1 streamer
  • Were you the host? No
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? A few people in the session, i have two clips.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? Happens almost every race so no problem
  • How do you make the problem happen? Playing the game.
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here. Too late now.

@BarryBL There ya go, i think its sad that nothing is done unless this form is filled out.

I understand @maxibone33, but having the correct information really helps us out and we cant investigate until we have all the basic information. When this happens again for you, can you also grab the 16 digit report code too, found at the pause menu.

Does this only happen in Unranked mode? Across all Online? Offline?

15 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

@janbonator @maxibone33 are either of you using any Bluetooth headphones or external audio devices (headset dongles, etc.)?

Just wanting to eliminate or find commonality.

I'm using a headset wired to a normal PS4 controller while driving on a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT. I live in a remote house and use no wireless technology apart from my 20 years old cellphone and a 4G hub (wired to PS4), so it shouldn't be about interference.

Off the back of my head I remember encountering the problem only in Canada and Silverstone so far, but it doesn't happen always on those tracks either. Each time it has been in the Alpha Romeo, which I use for league racing. I've yet to drive every track though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I'm using a headset wired to a normal PS4 controller while driving on a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT. I live in a remote house and use no wireless technology apart from my 20 years old cellphone and a 4G hub (wired to PS4), so it shouldn't be about interference.

Off the back of my head I remember encountering the problem only in Canada and Silverstone so far, but it doesn't happen always on those tracks either. Each time it has been in the Alpha Romeo, which I use for league racing. I've yet to drive every track though.

Do you have a custom camera setting for the Alfa or do you just use the global defaults? And do you use a specific view and can changing the camera view affect it?

Do you use the same camera view in offline and MP?

Edited by steviejay69

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have a custom camera setting for the Alfa or do you just use the global defaults? And do you use a specific view and can changing the camera view affect it?

Do you use the same camera view in offline and MP?

I use different custom camera settings for each car, but always drive in cockpit cam. I couldn't test another camera during a league race because I would end up crashing. :classic_blush: I think I have the FOV set up to -0.40 or so and added some vertical offput and angle.

Same camera settings for offline and MP, although I very rarely drive offline. I do a lot of TT and never had the problem there, although I never use the Alpha Romeo in TT either.

Edited by janbonator

1 minute ago, janbonator said:

I use different custom camera settings for each car, but always drive in cockpit cam. I couldn't test another camera during a league race because I would end up crashing. :classic_blush:

Same camera settings for offline and MP, although I very rarely drive offline. I do a lot of TT and never had the problem there, although I never use the Alpha Romeo in TT either.

Ha just briefly at the tracks if you can replicate the audio issue say Silverstone? It's something worth exploring, even a different car, try the Alfa in TT (just know it won't be a record lap).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Ha just briefly at the tracks if you can replicate the audio issue say Silverstone? It's something worth exploring, even a different car, try the Alfa in TT (just know it won't be a record lap).

Will do tomorrow! I might remember the Silverstone part wrong. I just checked my recordings from Silverstone league races and they sounded fine. I haven't uploaded all the footage though so I'll need to go through my HDD tomorrow and see if I can find where else it has happened. I've had to delete some content to make space, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by janbonator
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@janbonator @maxibone33 are either of you using any Bluetooth headphones or external audio devices (headset dongles, etc.)?

Just wanting to eliminate or find commonality.

I'm using turtle beach stealth 600, bluetooth i believe. I have tried settings on xbox on both windows sonic and stereo uncompressed but run into the same issues.

I also use the stock t-cam camera.

20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I understand @maxibone33, but having the correct information really helps us out and we cant investigate until we have all the basic information. When this happens again for you, can you also grab the 16 digit report code too, found at the pause menu.

Does this only happen in Unranked mode? Across all Online? Offline?

Doesn't happen in TT. Has happened to me in unranked and MyTeam (the only two modes i've played). Zandvoort every single time i've raced there. Always fine in quali, then for the race its messed up. It may be something to do with when it rains? not sure. Actually scratch that, has happened in the dry too.

At the moment i only play the game every tuesday for league racing, so i will get the report code then if it happens.

Edited by maxibone33
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, maxibone33 said:

I'm using turtle beach stealth 600, bluetooth i believe. I have tried settings on xbox on both windows sonic and stereo uncompressed but run into the same issues.

I also use the stock t-cam camera.

Doesn't happen in TT. Has happened to me in unranked and MyTeam (the only two modes i've played). Zandvoort every single time i've raced there. Always fine in quali, then for the race its messed up. It may be something to do with when it rains? not sure. Actually scratch that, has happened in the dry too.

At the moment i only play the game every tuesday for league racing, so i will get the report code then if it happens.

If you use wired headphones, does it still occur?

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If you use wired headphones, does it still occur?

The second clip i posted was from @Pilske, he uses wired headphones and same issue

Its definitely the game, party chat works fine at the same time and all other games are fine with our wired/wireless headsets respectively.

Edited by maxibone33

Im using the Astro A40 with mixamp, for me it happened in Monaco aswell, in sector 3 behind the pits.

OK so it's in corners. I think it probably is game performance. The audio is probably suffering from the increased frametime / decreased framerate - I assume the consoles don't have the audio update rate option? Plus, you're unlikely to have an FPS counter on-screen (Steam/Afterburner).

Use cockpit view - on PC the framerate is considerably improved. I realise there is not a lot you can do on console to change anything.

Just thinking out loud and expressing opinion - I don't have a console to test anything, but I am aware that some Bluetooth devices have updated firmwares that might not have been carried out on console. Also, that additional audio processor on the USB bus can introduce latency, I got rid of a G430 that had a 7.1 audio dongle as it did affect the game performance.

Thanks for trying the suggestions.

@BarryBLjust had a league race on unranked, didn't have the audio glitch. However, over 50% of the lobby at some point were booted because "disconnected to xbox live" but they are still connected, i received 15s under safety car because 1) stupid contact, 2) illegal overtake cos somebody passed me incorrectly and gave me the place back , 3) the track stayed yellow flags on the SC restart under 2nd corner instead of green after start finish line.

The host even got booted out.

This game is completely broken, impossible to league race, so nope won't be filling out a pointless bug report, can't play the game. Even the f1 esports was a joke.

Wish you the best of luck