Jump to content Jump to content

Safety car

Tomasslb24

Can't really understand something. Am I the only one who doesn't have problem with it?

Every time a safety car should came out, like a crash or someone pulling over to the side of the track with an engine problem, the safety car comes.

I had a race where 5 cars DNF and every single time the SC came in.

The only time SC doesn't appear to me, is when something happens in the last 3 laps of the race, where instead, appears the virtual safety car so the race doesn't end with the SC.

I'm making this question because I see a lot of people complaining about the SC not appearing or not working properly and on tiametmarduk or aarava videos this barely happens to them.

I really wanted to know if someone experiences the same as me!

35 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

There is a problem with the SC, it appears very often, for any reason, the SC immediately comes out.

Dont see any problem on my SC's as they came out always in situation there they should be out.

40 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

And he also goes wildly slowly, it's horror ... tires instantly come off.

I think there's not really a problem in this as they are supposed to be slow so *the track is clear* and for the tyres that's normal.

7 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Dont see any problem on my SC's as they came out always in situation there they should be out.

it's not normal, if someone gets off and goes far off the track, then everything comes out exactly SC. just yellow flags or maximum VSC are enough.
I have a feeling that you are not watching real F1

7 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

I think there's not really a problem in this as they are supposed to be slow so *the track is clear* and for the tyres that's normal.

if everything is fine with you and you do not see any problems, what have you forgotten on this forum ?
Watch the real F1 and then write such nonsense.

5 hours ago, MilligramSmile said:

it's not normal, if someone gets off and goes far off the track, then everything comes out exactly SC. just yellow flags or maximum VSC are enough.
I have a feeling that you are not watching real F1

Yes I'm seeing F1, and normallly if someone pulls over and the car needs to be retired from there the SC comes out(?). I think that's how it works lmao. Obviusly you'll not see a tractor there to retire the car.

6 hours ago, MilligramSmile said:

if everything is fine with you and you do not see any problems, what have you forgotten on this forum ?
Watch the real F1 and then write such nonsense.

What kind of nonsense am I writing, do you really need to be like that?

I'm writing this because I see a lot of people complaning about it and I was saying if I was the only one to have the SC working properly (not for you as it seems).

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think the issue is that the safety car behaviour seems to vary wildly between players, which makes me think there is a bug but one that is likely hard to diagnose.

Yea probably, dont really understand why there's people with no safety car, others with the SC working properly and others with excessive SC. Really strange.

Safety car behaves semi normally for me, in first season bottas decided to take out the pit wall in Italy and totally destroyed front of his car leaving it stranded in middle of the pit straight yet no safety car lol. 

I also have a problem if I save a race mid race then come back later, soon as I load up the save safety car comes out soon as save has loaded up. This happens 9 times out of 10 for me.

4 hours ago, ChristianAnsell said:

I also have a problem if I save a race mid race then come back later, soon as I load up the save safety car comes out soon as save has loaded up. This happens 9 times out of 10 for me.

Lmao. Never happened to me though, really strange.

I did have a a sc bug where it wasn't being deployed even trying to force one out wouldn't work.

Deleted all my saves, reinstalled game and chose another team and now working.

Keeping this save going as long as poss as it's a big feature missing when there's no sc 

But I can assure you the no sc bug is still out there 

17 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Is there a maximum number for SC deployments per race? For some reason I'd always thought 2 was the maximum, but I just came off an online race with 3 SCs, the last one coming out on lap 33/36.

About the maximum number of SC im not sure.

But about your 3rd SC, normally when im close to the end of the race (as I suppose you made a 50% race) it comes a VSC instead of the SC itself. Never got a SC close to the end of the race.

2 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

About the maximum number of SC im not sure.

But about your 3rd SC, normally when im close to the end of the race (as I suppose you made a 50% race) it comes a VSC instead of the SC itself. Never got a SC close to the end of the race.

Yeah, 50% Austria. The game will always leave the last two laps of a race for racing. So, the SC at that point only stayed out for 1 lap.

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 10:41 PM, janbonator said:

Is there a maximum number for SC deployments per race? For some reason I'd always thought 2 was the maximum, but I just came off an online race with 3 SCs, the last one coming out on lap 33/36.

I have had 5 safety cars in a recent race (100% race distance my driver career) including safety car going in after vettel pulled over and max pulling over at first corner after restart also due to mechanical failure bringing out safety car again( car was safe place in my opinion).

Seeing how so many people have different opinions ans encounters with the safety car, there is definately something wrong with it.

I for myself have a safety Car every single race (only one). It appears every time the first car retires. I did not go into research if this is due to crashes or mechanical failures.

Interesting side note: I drove MyTeam French GP 100% Race. In the middle of the race during the last two corners, I got the message of the safety car being deployed. I turned the car to make it into the pits and crashed straight into the pit wall (yeah I know, dumb). I then used a replay restarting a few corners earlier. The car still retired, but there was no safety car this time. (although it appeared during the next retirement).

Archived