Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

New liveries and sponsors

Recommended Posts

Some F1 cars have been updated, I mean, new sponsors have been added, a slight change in the painting, anyway ... codemasters will not update the game? Mclaren is a great example of outdated painting.

thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daniel Ramos said:

Some F1 cars have been updated, I mean, new sponsors have been added, a slight change in the painting, anyway ... codemasters will not update the game? Mclaren is a great example of outdated painting.

thanks!

they said they are close to getting new liveries to game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Codemasters said shortly after game was released that they would spend time first fixing bugs etc then go onto other things so figure that’s why colour scheme of mcclaren is not fixed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to know that, because I thought the game had been forgotten, and the whole focus was on F1 2021 (LOL ...!), Because we have "add-on" that updates the sponsors, but it's not official, so I do not use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that in 1.09 the sponsors were modified, but there is still a lot to be updated. I do not understand, if they have to update, why not put the right thing at once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel Ramos said:

I saw that in 1.09 the sponsors were modified, but there is still a lot to be updated. I do not understand, if they have to update, why not put the right thing at once?

All livery updates have to be signed off by the individual teams and they've been quite busy doing races. The ones release will have been the last ones to be signed off but I suspect there might be another on its way at some point. This sign off is the reason they're not updated more regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the other comment wasn't helpful either this tone isn't exactly what people like to see when they check on their online community.

Anyway you got out best guess at an answer here. Could also add that these things work through pipelines, with different priorities assigned to each task – not to say the multitude of tasks pertaining to any single project.

Like for updating the liveries in the game. Broadly speaking you have to design them, get the licensor to approve and sign them off, get it into the provisional patch, get the QA to test if anything else wasn't messed up in the process accidentally and then finally slot it into the patch roadmap. Different tasks with different priorities and different teams assigned to them – and they all have their own tasklist. In the mean time other projects had some development and maybe someone or some team who would need some time to get the updated liveries into the next time got their plates full with, say, assembling a critical fix on a long overdue gameplay error, and the liveries get slotted into the next available opportunity. 

And as @SASColfer pointed out, could be that the ones responsible for approving the designs on the teams' side had their hands busy already and had to slot the task to the earliest opportunity – jargon for "hell no no way I'm doing this today". 

So it is not exactly a half-baked job from the devs neither a loser mentality from the patient gamer. That's just workflow and the state of business with multifaceted parties.   

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, marioho said:

While the other comment wasn't helpful either this tone isn't exactly what people like to see when they check on their online community.

Anyway you got out best guess at an answer here. Could also add that these things work through pipelines, with different priorities assigned to each task – not to say the multitude of tasks pertaining to any single project.

Like for updating the liveries in the game. Broadly speaking you have to design them, get the licensor to approve and sign them off, get it into the provisional patch, get the QA to test if anything else wasn't messed up in the process accidentally and then finally slot it into the patch roadmap. Different tasks with different priorities and different teams assigned to them – and they all have their own tasklist. In the mean time other projects had some development and maybe someone or some team who would need some time to get the updated liveries into the next time got their plates full with, say, assembling a critical fix on a long overdue gameplay error, and the liveries get slotted into the next available opportunity. 

And as @SASColfer pointed out, could be that the ones responsible for approving the designs on the teams' side had their hands busy already and had to slot the task to the earliest opportunity – jargon for "hell no no way I'm doing this today". 

So it is not exactly a half-baked job from the devs neither a loser mentality from the patient gamer. That's just workflow and the state of business with multifaceted parties.   

I didn't know about all this bureaucracy, but thanks for telling me, I appreciate all the work you did to explain it to me.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, mate! Hope you stick around. The community here is top pra caralho, velho. Muito broder gente boa dando um help maroto pro miguxo. People go out of their way to be helpful and lend a hand.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel Ramos said:

I didn't know about all this bureaucracy, but thanks for telling me, I appreciate all the work you did to explain it to me.

Do you think video game design is just a request and provide industry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hippoSURF said:

Do you think video game design is just a request and provide industry?

No, But look at it this way:
Once you have your sponsors inserted in another platform (in our case, the "Virtual World"), it is an extra advertisement that you get, like a bonus, this should be beneficial for brands.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good discussion guys, but keep it respectful. Nobody is a loser until I say so :classic_tongue: Post hidden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel Ramos said:

No, But look at it this way:
Once you have your sponsors inserted in another platform (in our case, the "Virtual World"), it is an extra advertisement that you get, like a bonus, this should be beneficial for brands.

But, what if they dont want the sponsor in the game for whatever reason? maybe the sponsor doesnt want to be damaged when the car is hit etc?

What if the livery is a one off - like the Ferrari F1000 livery. Would Ferrari give CM permission to put it permanently into the game? Probably not, as then the sponsors would not be displayed until that livery is changed back.

As another example, there have been instances where a music act has refused the use of their music for certain politicians, or political parties. Yes, it might open them up to a new audience, or gain royalties from it but the artists have their reasons. 

The new liveries need the sign off from the content owners. 

 

It may seem like a simple thing, but there are so many 'behind the scene' reasons for everything, sometimes its not just straight forward and simple.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, marioho said:

No problem, mate! Hope you stick around. The community here is top pra caralho, velho. Muito broder gente boa dando um help maroto pro miguxo. People go out of their way to be helpful and lend a hand.

 

Nem fodendo. The absolute legend marioho é BR? What a small mundo.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LuigiPeceguini mama mia did not expect a Luigi to be a legitimate amante de perereca (or piroquinhas, we're all free to like what we like) and Antarctica in copo lagoinha too! This day is full of surprises.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, marioho said:

@LuigiPeceguini mama mia did not expect a Luigi to be a legitimate amante de perereca (or piroquinhas, we're all free to like what we like) and Antarctica in copo lagoinha too! This day is full of surprises.

 

6 hours ago, LuigiPeceguini said:

Nem fodendo. The absolute legend marioho é BR? What a small mundo.

irao nos banir ....BR kk!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, its13 said:

Why people always want more

Because we live in a society where almost everyone is self absorbed and entitled.  Especially when posting on the internet. 

No intended offence to anyone here, I'm just stating this in general.  You see it everywhere, all over the world now, especially online with virtually every product or service out there you can find examples of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, marioho said:

@LuigiPeceguini mama mia did not expect a Luigi to be a legitimate amante de perereca (or piroquinhas, we're all free to like what we like) and Antarctica in copo lagoinha too! This day is full of surprises.

If Mario can do it, Luigi can do it too!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that regarding Mclaren's main sponsors (VELO and Estrella Galicia) CM won't put them in the game bc one is a beer brand and the other is a nicotine company.

I dont think you can advertise those on a age 12+ game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong with Dufry sponsor, then? I hope sometime by the end of current season we get to see it in game. McLaren looks so pale without writings on sildepods, FW flaps. :classic_smile:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Krith said:

I think that regarding Mclaren's main sponsors (VELO and Estrella Galicia) CM won't put them in the game bc one is a beer brand and the other is a nicotine company.

I dont think you can advertise those on a age 12+ game.

Then why is Singha in the F1 2020 game? (FYI: Singha is a Thai beer brand, visible on the Alfa Romeo livery)

 

As a matter of fact, Singha has been in the game for a few years already. Also, on the PS3 / XBox360 F1 games by Codemasters, we also got Kingfisher back in the days.

 

Seems as if it probably boils down to Codemasters budget, and the creative decision to not make these sponsors available for all, as some countries have a total ban for alcohol or tobacco sponsors. (Which is, on the one hand, understandable, in the way that Codemasters are saving time and effort as well as keeping their budget low. And on the other hand, not understandable, because there is no technical limitation in terms of getting the licence, as everything can be bought at the right price; Not to mention, that Codemasters could easily create a specific update file of the liveries for countries that disallow these sponsorships, whilst everyone else gets the full experience in the vanilla game. Just as in EA's sports games, which are known for this little gimmick.).

 

Either way, i hope that in the near future, Codemasters will start giving more attention to the official sponsorships, in order to increase immersion and realism by another notch.

 

PS: Speaking of EA's sports games, they are running Heineken, Carlsberg, Estrella Galicia, as well as several "betting" sponsors on their games since 2009, IIRC. Ironically, these sports games are all rated "PEGI 3"...

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Then why is Singha in the F1 2020 game? (FYI: Singha is a Thai beer brand, visible on the Alfa Romeo livery)

 

As a matter of fact, Singha has been in the game for a few years already. Also, on the PS3 / XBox360 F1 games by Codemasters, we also got Kingfisher back in the days.

 

Seems as if it probably boils down to Codemasters budget, and the creative decision to not make these sponsors available for all, as some countries have a total ban for alcohol or tobacco sponsors. (Which is, on the one hand, understandable, in the way that Codemasters are saving time and effort as well as keeping their budget low. And on the other hand, not understandable, because there is no technical limitation in terms of getting the licence, as everything can be bought at the right price; Not to mention, that Codemasters could easily create a specific update file of the liveries for countries that disallow these sponsorships, whilst everyone else gets the full experience in the vanilla game. Just as in EA's sports games, which are known for this little gimmick.).

 

Either way, i hope that in the near future, Codemasters will start giving more attention to the official sponsorships, in order to increase immersion and realism by another notch.

 

PS: Speaking of EA's sports games, they are running Heineken, Carlsberg, Estrella Galicia, as well as several "betting" sponsors on their games since 2009, IIRC. Ironically, these sports games are all rated "PEGI 3"...

 

totally agree

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×