Hey codies, where is the update to include the Mugello track?

Of course I am joking, but, wow, watching these cars /onboards around Mugello, how nice would it be to have a go ourselves. They need to put tracks like this on the calendar again next season. 

Edited by stevetemp7
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, stevetemp7 said:

Hey codies, where is the update to include the Mugello track?

Of course I am joking, but, wow, watching these cars /onboards around Mugello, how nice would it be to have a go ourselves. They need to put tracks like this on the calendar again next season. 

they got us in the first half not gonna lie 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ZtwoA said:

They need to put tracks like this on the calendar again next season.

They (not CM but FIA) should prefer tracks like Mugello to boring tracks like Singapore and Hanoi but politics ...
However it will be difficult to overtake on this circuit.

- Fast, sweeping corners

- Relatively narrow track

- Loved by all drivers

- No asphalt run-offs

- No ultra slow acute-angle corners

- Not designed by Tilke

Of course it's not in the calendar. If someone paid Tilke to design a stadium section that looks like a rally-cross track, plus built a 100 million worth of pit facilities, and bribed some FOM/FIA officials, we might just see it in the calendar.

• Like 1

While I'm sure that in real life is a blast to drive with these cars on this track, but I'm afraid that from a fan point of view, creating a good racing seems almost impossible. Virtually zero overtaking opportunities.

This track was designed with a mind to create great MotoGP races and that's where this track delivers.

6 hours ago, RS Phil said:

They (not CM but FIA) should prefer tracks like Mugello to boring tracks like Singapore and Hanoi but politics ...

I think drivers disagree that Singapore is boring.... from a driver’s perspective. I enjoy driving there. Just give us cars that can follow better. Oh... and not to mention... Pirelli tyres that stink. Hanoi can be fun for driving as well. We just have to wait for next year... 

Doesn't look like you can pass on this track at all... coulld be fun to drive, but watch F1 races? Not sure about that.

8 hours ago, RS Phil said:

Though i do agree it's quite difficult to overtake there due to the dirty air (but that's an issue on almost all F1 tracks these days...) Singapore without that chicane is a fantastic city track that just flows so well it's very satisfying when you can attack it confidently. 

And with that skyline...just what an epic drive (Absolutely love taking photos there).

Better DLC to put in the game than Xmas race suits. 

If you build it, they will come. 

Because no-one wants another half-arsed F1 2021, make it DLC and let people race the correct F1 2020 season as well as 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, Ryne said:

Doesn't look like you can pass on this track at all... coulld be fun to drive, but watch F1 races? Not sure about that.

Plenty of overtaking in the F3 race today.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Mattitudey2j said:

Plenty of overtaking in the F3 race today.

That's great for F3, but we are talking F1 here lol

Hope I'm proven wrong tho

18 hours ago, janbonator said:

- Fast, sweeping corners

- Relatively narrow track

- Loved by all drivers

- No asphalt run-offs

- No ultra slow acute-angle corners

- Not designed by Tilke

Of course it's not in the calendar. If someone paid Tilke to design a stadium section that looks like a rally-cross track, plus built a 100 million worth of pit facilities, and bribed some FOM/FIA officials, we might just see it in the calendar.

+ beautiful scenery

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, breezyskells22 said:

Why do people keep asking when codemasters has said time and time again this is not coming, we are getting fed up with this

When you reply to a thread after reading its title and nothing else. 

Edited by stevetemp7

15 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Better DLC to put in the game than Xmas race suits. 

If you build it, they will come. 

Because no-one wants another half-arsed F1 2021, make it DLC and let people race the correct F1 2020 season as well as 2021.

Not to mention, since Codemasters bought Slightly Mad Studios, they must have access to the laserscanned data of Mugello (there are also many more laserscanned tracks that SMS used for the Project Cars series, such as Monza, Nürburgring, Catalunya, Spa, Portimao, Imola etc.).

Obviously, Codemasters would need to redesign the data, apply it onto the Ego Engine (i hope that Codemasters will use the Madness Engine for future F1 titles https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/madness/ ), resurface and place objects accordingly, as well as program the AI & the weather and physics for the track. But if modders can do this in 3 - 4 weeks, i'm pretty sure Codemasters, who are paid professionals with years of experience, would need only a fraction of that time.

Hopefully, Codemasters will give us a track / circuit DLC for F1 2020. (If not, then i hope that they will add the 2020 season, with all tracks, into F1 2021, as they did back in 2015, with F1 2015 that also included the 2014 season.)

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Not to mention, since Codemasters bought Slightly Mad Studios, they must have access to the laserscanned data of Mugello (there are also many more laserscanned tracks that SMS used for the Project Cars series, such as Monza, Nürburgring, Catalunya, Spa, Portimao, Imola etc.).

Obviously, Codemasters would need to redesign the data, apply it onto the Ego Engine (i hope that Codemasters will use the Madness Engine for future F1 titles https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/madness/ ), resurface and place objects accordingly, as well as program the AI & the weather and physics for the track. But if modders can do this in 3 - 4 weeks, i'm pretty sure Codemasters, who are paid professionals with years of experience, would need only a fraction of that time.

Hopefully, Codemasters will give us a track / circuit DLC for F1 2020. (If not, then i hope that they will add the 2020 season, with all tracks, into F1 2021, as they did back in 2015, with F1 2015 that also included the 2014 season.)

Given the way CM work it would seem that joined up thinking is a pay grade higher 🙂