Jump to content

Release New 2020 Tracks as PAID DLC

Recommended Posts

A DLC track pack containing: 

  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring
  • Portimao
  • Imola
  • Istanbul Park
  • Bahrain Outer Circuit

Would be something I think a lot of people would pay good money for.

I know what you're going to say - "LICENSES" because that's what everybody from Codemasters says when the idea of new content comes up. But think about it, the amount of money you would make from releasing a track pack like this, would absolutely outway the cost of licensing these tracks for F1 2020. Considering also that this is the "official" game of the F1 2020 season, you would think the F1 parent company would be more than willing to help you make this happen.

I know what you're going to say next as well - "time", well you will already have all the assets for Nurburgring, Imola and Istanbul at your disposal leftover from previous games, you already have Bahrain in the game so creating the Outer Circuit wouldn't be much of an issue, and whilst I appreciate that this sort of thing does take time, creating 2 tracks from the ground up sounds much more appealing than creating 6 doesn't it.

In terms of gameplay content, in the Championships section of the game, a representative F1 2020 season would be an excellent addition, and the actual 2020 season could also be recreated in My Team and career using the shorter season options. Not to mention other game mode opportunities like having the ability to bomb around Imola in the 2004 Ferrari which is just a mouthwatering prospect! Custom F1 seasons in classic cars would be one of the first things on my list of things to do with the new tracks as well.

I personally would absolutely pay £15 - £20 for a track pack like this, it would add so much to the games' longevity and make it a much more complete F1 2020 experience.

Thoughts?

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna happen cause licensing issues. Stop asking. Your arguement about Imola and Istanbul's assets being left over doesn't hold water because it doesn't account for any changes that may have been made to the tarcks in the intervening time.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Not gonna happen cause licensing issues. Stop asking. Your arguement about Imola and Istanbul's assets being left over doesn't hold water because it doesn't account for any changes that may have been made to the tarcks in the intervening time.

Licensing issues is such a cop out response though, it's this invisible thing that is always used as an excuse and is totally unjustified. You pay to use certain things in your games, and you get repaid by people buying your games, that's just how it is. Codemasters ALWAYS use this excuse and in this day and age it doesn't fly.

As for your second point, there are at least enough assets to have a solid base to work from. I'd be willing to bet other tracks in the game still use the same base assets from much older games.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Licensing issues is such a cop out response though, it's this invisible thing that is always used as an excuse and is totally unjustified. You pay to use certain things in your games, and you get repaid by people buying your games, that's just how it is. Codemasters ALWAYS use this excuse and in this day and age it doesn't fly.

As for your second point, there are at least enough assets to have a solid base to work from. I'd be willing to bet other tracks in the game still use the same base assets from much older games.

What do you mean by "cop out response"? There are literally hundreds of millions of dollars paid in licensing fees by the tracks that are originally scheduled to hold an F1 race and these contracts are for multiple years. So as much as you'd like Mugello and company, it's not going to happen. Tracks like Singapore and the rest that's not going to be raced on this year, won't get 1 year erased from these contracts, only shifting for another year. FIA, Formula 1 have to honor these agreements. Only if people would understand that Codemasters have ABSOLUTELY NO SAYING on what track they can add, release, etc. in their game.

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Licensing issues is such a cop out response though, it's this invisible thing that is always used as an excuse and is totally unjustified. You pay to use certain things in your games, and you get repaid by people buying your games, that's just how it is. Codemasters ALWAYS use this excuse and in this day and age it doesn't fly.

As for your second point, there are at least enough assets to have a solid base to work from. I'd be willing to bet other tracks in the game still use the same base assets from much older games.

As much as all of us would like to drive on these new F1 tracks in the game, I don’t think CM will add new tracks to the game.


I disagree with you. First of all yes there are licensing issues involved due to which they cannot add new tracks in the current game. Who knew that due to the pandemic, the entire real life F1 calendar will change ? Since CM releases its F1 game in July/ Aug every year, it wouldn’t have been possible for them to add the new tracks at such a short notice.

Secondly, CM’s has said many times that it takes them a lot of time to develop these new tracks. Yes they would have the data from previous games for tracks like nurburgring, but rework on the curbs, scenary, etc will have to be done to match the current game standards.

So, it won’t be possible for them to add it to this years game or even next year unless these tracks are on the F1 calendar next year (which they are not)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kart12talwar said:

So, it won’t be possible for them to add it ... next year unless these tracks are on the F1 calendar next year (which they are not)

While you're, likely, correct, next year's schedule's not finalized yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

While you're, likely, correct, next year's schedule's not finalized yet.

Ya i agree with you. But I had read a statement from Chase Carey somewhere that next year there will be a normal race calendar like last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like the post above me says, latest rumor is that the 2021 schedule will be basically what we would've had in this year, so the exact mirror of 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

A DLC track pack containing: 

  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring
  • Portimao
  • Imola
  • Istanbul Park
  • Bahrain Outer Circuit

Would be something I think a lot of people would pay good money for.

I know what you're going to say - "LICENSES" because that's what everybody from Codemasters says when the idea of new content comes up. But think about it, the amount of money you would make from releasing a track pack like this, would absolutely outway the cost of licensing these tracks for F1 2020. Considering also that this is the "official" game of the F1 2020 season, you would think the F1 parent company would be more than willing to help you make this happen.

I know what you're going to say next as well - "time", well you will already have all the assets for Nurburgring, Imola and Istanbul at your disposal leftover from previous games, you already have Bahrain in the game so creating the Outer Circuit wouldn't be much of an issue, and whilst I appreciate that this sort of thing does take time, creating 2 tracks from the ground up sounds much more appealing than creating 6 doesn't it.

In terms of gameplay content, in the Championships section of the game, a representative F1 2020 season would be an excellent addition, and the actual 2020 season could also be recreated in My Team and career using the shorter season options. Not to mention other game mode opportunities like having the ability to bomb around Imola in the 2004 Ferrari which is just a mouthwatering prospect! Custom F1 seasons in classic cars would be one of the first things on my list of things to do with the new tracks as well.

I personally would absolutely pay £15 - £20 for a track pack like this, it would add so much to the games' longevity and make it a much more complete F1 2020 experience.

Thoughts?

Ironically, since Codemasters bought Slightly Mad Studios, they have access to a variety of laserscsnned data of multiple racetracks.

 

Tracks of F1, that were build and used by SMS in the Project Cars franchise, which are relevant to this topic of the 2020 season, and could be used immediately at any time:

-Portimao

-Nürburgring

-Mugello

-Imola

Only Bahrains outer layout and Turkey would need to be designed from scratch.

 

Thankfully, SMS build even other laserscanned tracks that were used in F1 (GP, or test track), or are on the modern calendar:

-Hockenheinring

-Circuit of the Americas

-Indianapolis

-Interlagos

-Catalunya

-Suzuka

-Fuji

-Watkins Glen

-Monza

-Monaco

-Brands Hatch

-Spa

-Red Bull Ring

-Silverstone

-Zolder

-Brno

-Donington 

-Snetterton

-Oulton Park

 

Codemasters have all the data already. Now it only comes down to whether or not the budget to get the licence is big enough. "Licensing issue" is mostly a lame excuse, as anything can be bought at the right price!

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Codemasters have all the data already. Now it only comes down to whether or not the budget to get the licence is big enough. "Licensing issue" is mostly a lame excuse, as anything can be bought at the right price!

And, CM ain't EA, etc. and don't have the money to license off-schedule tracks. Thus, "licensing issues" are a real concern for them. Just look at the link I provided, which says there could be two new tracks (Miami and Rio MotorPark) and up to twenty-five (25) races next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if they wanted to pull out all the stops they can do it,

 

As for the tracks they are officially licensed by F1 and if yes if liberty media and codemasters got there heads together it shouldn't be an issue, 

 

They will probably put them into next year's game, 

 

And last update has messed a few things up on the ps4, 

The name screen in MULTIPLAYER is missing names and times, and disconnects are back in MULTIPLAYER. 

 

I can't copy and paste for bug reports, 

Make the bug report section simple please 

Edited by senna94f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI everyone,

Please see below:

2020 Revised Calendar Schedule -

As developer and publisher of F1® 2020, the official videogame of FIA Formula One World Championship, Codemasters has accurately recreated the original 2020 season, which was scheduled to start on 15 March. Due to time needed to re-create the circuits in-game, it is not possible to include any of the new circuits added to the revised 2020 season.

As with numerous topics on this previously, I will be locking this. Our stance remains unchanged. @MattyH1812, this topic has been discussed A LOT and this message has been added to the blue announcement section at the top of the page. Please search issues before posting 👍

  • Thanks 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×