F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Patch 1.09 | Patch Notes Deep Dive

Deep Dive Patch Notes 1.09

Option added so players can engage ERS by holding the button.

Players now have the option with our ERS system to ‘toggle’ (the current system) or to ‘Hold’ their mapped ERS button for Overtake usage. This can be found in Main Menu/Pause Game > Settings > Controls, Vibration and Force Feedback > Generic Settings > Overtake ERS Mode

4.jpg

Fixed an issue for some players who could not advance in MyTeam due to a contract negotiation not occuring correctly.

Some players were reporting that they could not advance due to contract negotiations not completing correctly, almost stuck in a ‘pending’ state. We have now improved the robustness of the calendar system (especially in shorter season calendars) and have fixed this issue. Player who were affected in this issue should be able to continue their saves post-1.09.

2.png

Reported on the forums: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/56029-contractdriver-market-bugs/?page=2 

Customisation sliders now show values to allow easier editing.

Updated our customisation options to add Hue, Saturation and Luminance as numerical values across all areas of Customisation. We have taken on board Community feedback, and now players can now have significantly more accuracy and consistency across the various customisation options.

Badge emblems can now also be resized to make badges look more consistant with the backgrounds available.

1.jpg

A performance issue while the Safety Car is on the track has been addressed.

From Community feedback, we have addressed a performance related issue where FPS can drop significantly on Xbox One while the Safety Car is deployed. From our tests, Xbox One X has little issues with this, but there was drops of around 10FPS for Xbox One Base and S users.

The Multiplayer car is now available to use in Time Trial and Splitscreen.

The Multiplayer/MyTeam car is now available in the Time Trail and Splitscreen game modes. The performance of the car is the same as the Mercedes in sessions, while other cars available will still have their realistic performance data.

MFD available for users in ‘Cockpit’ mode camera angle

After listening to player feedback, we have added the ability to enable the full MFD into Cockpit mode. How to add this feature to the view is to Pause Game > On-Screen Display > Set On-Screen Display (Cockpit View) to On.

image.png

5.jpg

• Thanks 9
  • Agree 2

Thanks for the MFD in cockpit, this is quite a huge thing. Please fix the DRS lights on the wheel in 1.10! (Only tested GP and it's not fixed.)

Don't rest on your laurels!

Also, MP car in TT is useful with Merc perf - good job although there's a couple of things in this patch that we didn't ask for - unless of course I'm not on the community pulse....how could this be? :classic_biggrin:

I'm not thankful but I am pleased but to be sure this game was out in July so we will be three months in by the next patch!

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The Multiplayer/MyTeam car is now available in the Time Trail and Splitscreen game modes. The performance of the car is the same as the Mercedes in sessions, while other cars available will still have their realistic performance data.

@BarryBL I had a couple of questions related to using custom livery car in offline split screen mode:

1) If we use My team car in split screen mode then which of the existing car will it replace on the grid (suppose only 1 split screen player uses a custom livery car and 2nd player wants to use a ferrari or a mercedes car) ? Or will it be added as an additional car on the grid altogether ?

2) Can both split screen offline players use custom livery cars in split screen mode ?

Edited by kart12talwar

I just discovered a massive glitch on Time Trials/Leaderboards with this. If you do a lap with the Custom Team, it'll overwrite whatever lap times you had set previously with other cars, because it considers your time as the Default time instead of your previous PB. 

just tested in Canada and I lost my PB on the Mercedes for a slower time on the custom team. I'll also post this as a glitch report for visibility, but for now, whoever sees this, stay away from time trial if you care about your PBs 😞

Edited by LVNNA
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, kart12talwar said:

@BarryBL I had a couple of questions related to using custom livery car in offline split screen mode:

1) If we use My team car in split screen mode then which of the existing car will it replace on the grid (suppose only 1 split screen player uses a custom livery car and 2nd player wants to use a ferrari or a mercedes car) ? Or will it be added as an additional car on the grid altogether ?

2) Can both split screen offline players use custom livery cars in split screen mode ?

Why waste time with a question? Try it and post your feedback and suggestion.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LVNNA said:

I just discovered a massive glitch on Time Trials/Leaderboards with this. If you do a lap with the Custom Team, it'll overwrite whatever lap times you had set previously with other cars, because it considers your time as the Default time instead of your previous PB. 

just tested in Canada and I lost my PB on the Mercedes for a slower time on the custom team. I'll also post this as a glitch report for visibility, but for now, whoever sees this, stay away from time trial if you care about your PBs 😞

Treat it like a new game, lucky you.

38 minutes ago, lunamoon said:

Please post a bug report on this @lunamoon, tag me in it and I'll test this this afternoon.

UPDATE: Tested from the current level of feedback, unable to replicate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I'm confused quite what this means or adds.

My understanding what that the multiplayer car was already identical to the Mercedes so what changes by adding this to Time Trial?

As for the comment about the My Team car, what does this mean? Are we talking purely a visual change so that the car looks like a user's current My Team care but doesn't perform like a user's current My Team car? Rather, again, performing the same as the Mercedes already does in Time Trial?

36 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm confused quite what this means or adds.

My understanding what that the multiplayer car was already identical to the Mercedes so what changes by adding this to Time Trial?

As for the comment about the My Team car, what does this mean? Are we talking purely a visual change so that the car looks like a user's current My Team care but doesn't perform like a user's current My Team car? Rather, again, performing the same as the Mercedes already does in Time Trial?

Nothing changes other than allowing you to use your custom livery. Performance is identical to the Mercedes as always. Pretty simple really and a welcome addition. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, PorcsheRevs said:

Nothing changes other than allowing you to use your custom livery. Performance is identical to the Mercedes as always. Pretty simple really and a welcome addition. 

You may be right but I'd like clarification. I'll be honest I was doubtful many would be interested in a purely visual change but you clearly are so maybe more than I expect would appreciate such a change.

28 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

You may be right but I'd like clarification. I'll be honest I was doubtful many would be interested in a purely visual change but you clearly are so maybe more than I expect would appreciate such a change.

Means I take more of an interest in my MP car because I don't really use Ranked at all because once you rank up there's not enough drivers to fill a lobby, if you rank down they're just crashers.

1 hour ago, PorcsheRevs said:

This is correct from @PorcsheRevs. We just wanted to give users more platforms to use the MP car in different areas of the game. Performance for this car will always be the same as Mercedes, except for in your MyTeam savegames.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

This is correct from @PorcsheRevs. We just wanted to give users more platforms to use the MP car in different areas of the game. Performance for this car will always be the same as Mercedes, except for in your MyTeam savegames.

With respect to using My Team car livery for offline split screen mode, I think that the player should be allowed to chose which real life team’s performance will they want their custom livery  car to mimic as some people might want to fight with their friends in the mid field while some might want to fight in the front of the field. So wouldn’t it be good to give that option also to the player ?

10 minutes ago, kart12talwar said:

With respect to using My Team car livery for offline split screen mode, I think that the player should be allowed to chose which real life team’s performance will they want their custom livery  car to mimic as some people might want to fight with their friends in the mid field while some might want to fight in the front of the field. So wouldn’t it be good to give that option also to the player ?

Nice idea @kart12talwar, but would be quite difficult to implement at this time with a chosen scale of performance. 

13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for clarifying. For what it's I think it would be clearer to refer to allowing players to use the multiplayer/my team car livery in different game modes, rather than refer to being able to use the cars.

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Thanks for clarifying. For what it's I think it would be clearer to refer to allowing players to use the multiplayer/my team car livery in different game modes, rather than refer to being able to use the cars. 

Fair point, can see how that's confusing. However, it is the Multiplayer car model we've made available, and the associating customisation options that go along with the car, as it is different from the other models on the game. 

Otherwise, it could be read as we've made the customised livery available on all of the current 2020 car models, which would be very unlikely to ever happen as we wouldn't get the approval from various F1 stakeholders to do this.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Fair point, can see how that's confusing. However, it is the Multiplayer car model we've made available, and the associating customisation options that go along with the car, as it is different from the other models on the game. 

Otherwise, it could be read as we've made the customised livery available on all of the current 2020 car models, which would be very unlikely to ever happen as we wouldn't get the approval from various F1 stakeholders to do this.

By model I guess you are referring to the shape of the car? I hadn't thought of that aspect and can see why you went with the wording you did now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Deep Dive Patch Notes 1.09

A performance issue while the Safety Car is on the track has been addressed.

From Community feedback, we have addressed a performance related issue where FPS can drop significantly on Xbox One while the Safety Car is deployed. From our tests, Xbox One X has little issues with this, but there was drops of around 10FPS for Xbox One Base and S users.

Does this mean that the SC will be available in Split-Screen in future updates ?

Edited by TheNNation

Any updates on fixing the safety car? 

I'm in season 4 with over 160 hours in game and I've seen exactly 1 safety car and 2 VSCs. Incidents are almost always just a yellow flag. 

Love these Deep Dive Patch notes and the idea behind it, very helpful. Thanks for all the hard work.

Any changes to driver transfer logic in MT? Its the one thing keeping me from progressing to season 3 that there are no transfers after 2 seasons (or unlikely if you dont change teammate yourself)

• Agree 1

Like the changes made. Now I can unleash my own Scenario 7 in the races.

In the future, could we probably get AI number selection in other modes too? Or maybe a "Select AI" screen like in Multiplayer - would be a nice addition. Or just essentially a "Custom Race" with bigger freedom than in GP mode? 😅