Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Custom Team lap overwrites Time Trial PB on the leaderboards [PC 1.09]

Detailed description

f you do a lap with the Custom Team, it'll overwrite whatever lap times you had set previously with other cars, because it considers your time as the Default time instead of your previous PB.  Just tested in Canada and I lost my PB on the Mercedes for a slower time on the custom team car.

Platform

PC/Steam

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.09

Game-mode?

Time Trial

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes

How do you make the problem happen?

just do any lap with the custom car at a circuit you held a previous lap time with a team car 

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Don't think there's much to do on my side, but I did try it on multiple circuits and it's pretty consistent on all scenarios, regardless of time of day/weather.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox One controller

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

https://streamable.com/t1oars (you can see by the end it ignores my previous PB and drops me off the leaderboard)

Edited by lunamoon
Formatting
  • Like 1

Maybe it's something as simple as the ghost filename that's created.

Classic, F1 and F2 all have their own GHO ID so maybe the multiplayer car class should be added and not overwrite the F1 class.

I did write them down somewhere but I think it's posted on here also.

Edited by steviejay69

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose 

• Agree 1

@lunamoon  I experienced the same issue and tested it.  The Multiplayer car appears to not be the issue.  I experienced my personal best being wiped simply by entering a time trial lap in a McLaren.  I replicated the issue in a Mercedes on Hanoi.  Loading into the time trial game mode alone does not wipe your personal best, as it is still viewable on the friends leaderboard from the garage.  However, starting a lap does erase your personal best and clears your friends leaderboard as well.  

I'm also on PC/Steam.

Edited by mattw404
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mattw404 said:

@lunamoon  I experienced the same issue and tested it.  The Multiplayer car appears to not be the issue.  I experienced my personal best being wiped simply by entering a time trial lap in a McLaren.  I replicated the issue in a Mercedes on Hanoi.  Loading into the time trial game mode alone does not wipe your personal best, as it is still viewable on the friends leaderboard from the garage.  However, starting a lap does erase your personal best and clears your friends leaderboard as well.  

I'm also on PC/Steam.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on this.

I've replicated myself (bye Russia time), and is with developers, marked as critical. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@BarryBL 

I can replicate this with an F2 car aswell. Tested in Zandvoort, using a different car than the one you did your best time with will overwrite your PB.

Could provide a bug report but I guess everything is clear here, just wanted to add that it's not only the new MP cars.

Edited by MisterJohnny420

23 minutes ago, zoltan1996 said:

@BarryBL am having my personal lap times deleted in time trial

With developers and fix planned all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

We are testing across all platforms for this, but currently consoles seem to be behaving (for us) as expected. Can anyone on PS4/Xbox confirm this issue exists for them and provide a full report. Thanks.

Hi @BarryBL am tested sixteen tracks overwriten all personal lap because am was faster the multiplayer car then the 2020 mercedes

This is just not for the multiplayer car. If you already had a time in any track and do a new clean flying lap (even if slower than the old lap), it will replace the latest lap as the fastest one (instead of the old one).

16 minutes ago, Costa said:

This is just not for the multiplayer car. If you already had a time in any track and do a new clean flying lap (even if slower than the old lap), it will replace the latest lap as the fastest one (instead of the old one).

@Costa thats exactly happened to me as well today

1 hour ago, Costa said:

You don't actually have to set a new clean lap.  Simply going to track erases the personal best.  

It happened to me as well on Hungary. Although, I cleared the time beforehand anyways, which may invalidate this report. @BarryBL, could you please explain why this wouldn't be by design because the custom car's grouped with the F1 cars, after all? Thus, it seems natural to me for this to happen, even without the clear.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

6 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

It happened to me as well on Hungary. Although, I cleared the time beforehand anyways, which may invalidate this report. @BarryBL, could you please explain why this wouldn't be by design because the custom car's grouped with the F1 cars, after all? Thus, it seems natural to me for this to happen, even without the clear.

I'm not certain but I think previously it would only replace a personal best time with another if you beat it, even if you'd changed car. I think this is what most people would want. As you described there is always the option to reset a personal best time if anyone wants to replace their top time, as I have chosen to when removing assists.

Edited by Ultra3142

9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm not certain but I think previously it would would only replace a personal best time with another if you beat it, even if you'd changed car. I think this is what most people would want. As you described there is always the option to reset a personal best time if anyone wants to replace their top time, as I have chosen to when removing assists.

That makes sense and is why I reset the time beforehand as well (dropped ABS and went medium TC).

I can confirm this bug exists and it doesn't apply only for custom team. From the video below you can clearly see that I did set decent time in China but when I start to drive it's like I'm doing a lap for the first time. I already tested in Spain and if I finish that lap it will override my previous best.

https://youtu.be/B8mPXObXslk

3 hours ago, roshko1991 said:

I can confirm this bug exists and it doesn't apply only for custom team. From the video below you can clearly see that I did set decent time in China but when I start to drive it's like I'm doing a lap for the first time. I already tested in Spain and if I finish that lap it will override my previous best.

https://youtu.be/B8mPXObXslk

I have the same problem. The ghost also defaults to the default ghost which will also be linked in some way. I also now cannot launch from a manual standing start as the game does not recognise my clutch is being pulled in - but I have created a separate forum post for this

FWIW, using the same car as my current PB I don't have a problem with my time being overwritten by a slower time (on PS4). I just tried this at Bahrain where I was setting my first times with all assists off, which were slower than my current best time that was set with medium TC and ABS on.

In case it makes any difference I have my PB ghost off and just have the rival ghost showing.

Edited by Ultra3142

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Fixed for version 1.10 on PC. Out now 👍

Was this purely a PC issue?

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Was this purely a PC issue?

From our reports, internal testing and Community feedback, yes. 

• Like 2