F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Why the Ferrari's Weichai sponsor still present in the Game?

Attention to detail makes the difference, Ferrari no longer has a Weichai sponsor since the first race in Austria. remove in the next patch

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

Is this really what it’s come to?

Genuinly couldn’t care less about all these stickers being correct, but wouldn’t mind the development time going towards making the game feel genuinely new for F12021. 

• Agree 5

OMG people need to stop making threads about this. It's a sticker, if it ruins the immersion for you I'm afraid videogames aren't for you.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 6

On 14/9/2020 at 23:03, mikyesposto95 said:

L'attenzione ai dettagli fa la differenza, la Ferrari non ha più uno sponsor Weichai dalla prima gara in Austria. rimuovere nella prossima patch

io non sono daccordo in quanto lo sponsor weichai fa sempre parte della ferrari ma non compare perche sto anno non si corre in cina , lanno prossimo per me lo avranno...almeno cosi hanno detto.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:03 AM, mikyesposto95 said:

Attention to detail makes the difference, Ferrari no longer has a Weichai sponsor since the first race in Austria. remove in the next patch

If this Weichai logo was not removed since second race, I guess it's either money issue for this removal or CM have not confirmed/discussed it with Ferrari yet. If Ritz Carlton was successfully removed from halo on Merc then I assume same thing can happen to Ferrari too. :classic_smile:

Edited by sergey_blackbird

thanks Codemasters for the attention to detail. The sponsor has been removed, as can be seen from the screenshots of the Russian Grand Prix. In the next patch that comes out it will no longer be present

Just to end this discussion quickly, as I know @mikyesposto95 has posted on this topic a few times. Our liveries follow the requests of the teams and the approved designs to update, and then we add for scheduling when possible. There are more stakeholders involved than pulling a sponsor off a car than believed. 

I would like to ask if users can show restraint in adding threads off this nature,  especially spam asking for one addition/removal as we do have updates in progress and are always looking to make the game as true to the sport as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 9/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, BarryBL said:

Just to end this discussion quickly, as I know @mikyesposto95 has posted on this topic a few times. Our liveries follow the requests of the teams and the approved designs to update, and then we add for scheduling when possible. There are more stakeholders involved than pulling a sponsor off a car than believed. 

I would like to ask if users can show restraint in adding threads off this nature,  especially spam asking for one addition/removal as we do have updates in progress and are always looking to make the game as true to the sport as possible.

If you are looking to make the game as true to the sport as possible, how come the safety car has not been updated to the AMG GTR for years?

A lot of things on the game feel artificial and ruin the gameplay and driving experience. Real F1 cars have more grip than we have on the game and the sudden loss of grip while full throttle doesn't make sense. Also the slipstream effect is too weak (I mentioned this quite a few times before) and we saw it again during the Russian GP.

3 hours ago, TSR Zinker said:

If you are looking to make the game as true to the sport as possible, how come the safety car has not been updated to the AMG GTR for years?

A lot of things on the game feel artificial and ruin the gameplay and driving experience. Real F1 cars have more grip than we have on the game and the sudden loss of grip while full throttle doesn't make sense. Also the slipstream effect is too weak (I mentioned this quite a few times before) and we saw it again during the Russian GP.

I’m surprised CM didn’t ask your opinion alongside the F1 drivers about such items like slipstream for example. 

• Haha 2