RAIN

PLEASE and I mean PLEASE tone down the rain. I have had it rain in 5 of my 6 races in my career mode to start. Either give us an option to turn off the rain or make it rain RARELY. It's really starting to make the game unplayable.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

20 hours ago, P02FLY said:

PLEASE and I mean PLEASE tone down the rain. I have had it rain in 5 of my 6 races in my career mode to start. Either give us an option to turn off the rain or make it rain RARELY. It's really starting to make the game unplayable.

Just an idea for you...

Maybe you can turn off the Autosave, and then when you start a race weekend, if you see rain forecasted, just exit and go back in, probably the weather will change. Just an idea. 

14 hours ago, Voznik said:

Just an idea for you...

Maybe you can turn off the Autosave, and then when you start a race weekend, if you see rain forecasted, just exit and go back in, probably the weather will change. Just an idea. 

Ahh this is a good idea, thanks I I will try it. 

• Agree 1

Hi there, I have just tested the "autosave off" feature, but it looks it doesn't work... :classic_sad: 
I did the following:

1. ended Singapore GP (rain once again :classic_unsure:) with Autosave turned on;
2. go back to the General Quarter after tha race;
3. while there, before to start the next Russian weekend, go back to the Main Screen;
4. Options and Autosave turned OFF;

5. General Quarter again and started the new weekend;
6. had a look at the forecast, it was ALL DRY;
7. tried to save "somewhere" but couldn't find anything therefore...
8. started FP1 but no way to manual save also inside it :classic_huh:;

9. I couldn't save but once my purpose was to test the "feature", go back to the Main Menu once again;
10. continued my career again expecting to be in the General Quarter before the Russian weekend, instead I was already in the Russian FP1, therefore in some way "a kind of autosave" must have been done the same, although the option was absolutely turned OFF!!! :classic_wacko:

Am I missing anything to make the trick work?

Thank you, bye
Nuv

I'm co-signing this one.  Dynamic weather is a great feature but it's overdone in the career modes.  Rain affecting qualifying or the race 2 or 3 or 4 times a year is great, rain affecting every other race weekend is an unrealistic beating that takes away the fun of virtually driving F1 cars.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, stephen31416 said:

I'm co-signing this one.  Dynamic weather is a great feature but it's overdone in the career modes.  Rain affecting qualifying or the race 2 or 3 or 4 times a year is great, rain affecting every other race weekend is an unrealistic beating that takes away the fun of virtually driving F1 cars.

I agree, it's way too much

• Agree 4

On 9/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there, I have just tested the "autosave off" feature, but it looks it doesn't work... :classic_sad: 
I did the following:

1. ended Singapore GP (rain once again :classic_unsure:) with Autosave turned on;
2. go back to the General Quarter after tha race;
3. while there, before to start the next Russian weekend, go back to the Main Screen;
4. Options and Autosave turned OFF;

5. General Quarter again and started the new weekend;
6. had a look at the forecast, it was ALL DRY;
7. tried to save "somewhere" but couldn't find anything therefore...
8. started FP1 but no way to manual save also inside it :classic_huh:;

9. I couldn't save but once my purpose was to test the "feature", go back to the Main Menu once again;
10. continued my career again expecting to be in the General Quarter before the Russian weekend, instead I was already in the Russian FP1, therefore in some way "a kind of autosave" must have been done the same, although the option was absolutely turned OFF!!! :classic_wacko:

Am I missing anything to make the trick work?

Thank you, bye
Nuv

Hi, I continue my post, I have gone deeply inside but there's still something weird around, here my experience:

10. doesn't allow to modify the weather if one simply goes back to the Main Menu but
11. if one exits completely and restarts the whole game, continues career, finally get back to the General Quarter again before to start the new weekend

but here the mystery:

my experience "1" in Suzuka gave me some hopes, because until 10. my weather was this one

IMG_3366.thumb.JPG.912deb6c93ca600f6d51960a07c21193.JPG

after 11. (but note that after you restart the game you got autosave automatically back ON, and I didn't notice that) I got this one, so having the toggle to ON:

IMG_3367.thumb.JPG.11b338a5f4f98d0cd0056b9e25415de0.JPG

Perhaps the weather triggers differently between autosave OFF & ON, please continue to read to understand what I mean.

After Suzuka I repeated the steps before the new Austin GP (experience "2") but this time I looked better around the autosave toggle. There's a Sochi invitation event after Suzuka and, at first, I turned autosave OFF before that event, I played it, went into the General Quarter and then to the Austin weekend (at this point it automatically starts a video of the Team Principal about the rules of the next season) having this weather:

IMG_3383.thumb.JPG.22d5644b4ca802677aa0f0dfa7fbd21b.JPG

Normally I would be quite happy of it but I had to understand so I repeated my steps: quit the game, restart it, check the autosave toggle (which was already turned OFF at this stage), continue career (Japan is on the screen yet), reach directly the Invitation Event in Sochi, exit it and go again in the Austin GP first screen -> the waether was always the same! I repeated the steps 5 times to be 100% sure, always the same weather!!! :classic_sad:

At this point I decide to try another (similar) way, turning temporarily autosave ON, playing the Invitation Event in Sochi again then exit to the Main Menu and set back autosave to OFF. Quit the game, restart it, check autosave toggle --> now it's automatically set back to ON! Probably the fact that the "continue career GP" is now not Suzuka anymore, but Austin, did that weird modification. However I set it back to OFF again and continued the career to check if the weather change and... NO, always the same! I repeated these steps other 2-3 times, each time I enter the game the autosave toggle is automatically back to ON and I manual turn it to OFF before to start the career but no way to change the weather at all 😭

As final step, I exit the game once again, restart it, check the autosave toggle (ON), leaving it to ON and continue the career like I did in Japan (and the weather changed) but this time, no idea if just because unlucky or if that Team Principal video may affect in any way but the weather is always the same!

So what are the points so far:

- the weather may change in some way, at least it may be potentially calculated diffently between autosave OFF and ON, like I experienced in Japan;

- it's not simply calculated at random by starting a race weekend as I got 7-8 times always the same identical weather;

- what I still have to test (I will try in Mexico) is in a standard weekend without Invitation Events and/or video extra before the new weekend, etc., if I can at least reproduce the trick which worked in Japan, firstly I will try always having autosave OFF, if it doesn't work I'll try with ON as last chance to change the weather (which in some way worked in Japan).

If any of you have experiences or tips, please share :classic_smile:

Cheers,
Nuv

P.S.: BTW if devs would add the possibility to choose the weather, it would be so easier... :classic_rolleyes:

@Nuvolarix same thing for me. I only tried a couple of times, but I had the same weather after restarting. 

Avrei dovuto capire dal nome che eri italiano! 🙂

1 hour ago, Voznik said:

@Nuvolarix same thing for me. I only tried a couple of times, but I had the same weather after restarting. 

Avrei dovuto capire dal nome che eri italiano! 🙂

Ouch... You can still try a new restart with autosave ON, perhaps you have one more chance like me in Japan!

Eheh vero, il tuo invece è più indecifrabile 😉

14 of 22 races in first season of My Team had rain in qualy and / or race.  That's insane.  Half of that amount would be too much. 

I'm trying to recall races with rain IRL over the last few seasons:

•  Austria 2020 -- wet qualifying, Hamilton on pole;
  •  Hockenheim 2019 -- crazy fun race to watch, Hamilton and Bottas both DNF'd
  •  Yas Marina 2018 -- threat of rain, which never came, added a bit of interest

Maybe I'm missing a few, seems like there was some doubt as to whether to start on slicks or inters at China (maybe it was Malaysia) a few years ago.  Whatever the case, it's rain a couple of times a year at most, not 2 out of every 3 race weekends.

The rain / dynamic weather is a great feature, like salt....a little bit brings out the flavor, 14 out of 22 weekends is liking dumping the entire shaker of salt onto your mashed potatoes.

Update on rain frequency in MyTeam career mode--

I just finished up Monaco in season 3, my last several races in season 2 and first several in season 3:

• S2 Hungary -- rain during race
  • S2 Spa -- dry weekend
  • S2 Monza -- rain during race
  • S2 Singapore -- rain during qualy and race
  • S2 Russia -- rain during race
  • S2 USA -- rain during race
  • S2 Mexico -- rain during race
  • S2 Brazil -- rain during race
  • S2 Abu Dhabi -- dry weekend
  • S3 Australia -- rain during race
  • S3 Bahrain -- dry weekend
  • S3 Vietnam -- rain during qualy
  • S3 China -- rain during qualy
  • S3 Zandvoort -- dry weekend
  • S3 Spain -- rain during qualy
  • S3 Monaco -- rain during race

That's rain in 12 out of 16 weekends including a stretch of 8 wet races in 10 race weekends.  That's insane, half that much rain would be way too much.   What's more is the weather is too dynamic, it's unrealistically dynamic.  A race that starts on full wets, transitions to intermediates and then slicks, then transitions back to ints, and then wets, and then back to ints and finally back to slicks again is.....fun, potentially....if it happens once in a pro-longed career mode.  When it happens in back-to-back races it's just a cheap gimmick.

This game needs a 'rain probability' setting or slider with increments like:

1. Low probability of rain -- rain may affect 2 - 4 race weekends per year;
  2. Mid probability of rain -- rain may affect 3 - 8 race weekends per year;
  3. High probability of rain -- rain may affect 4 - 10 race weekends per year.

Just tone it down.  Reminder:

On 10/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, stephen31416 said:

The rain / dynamic weather is a great feature, like salt....a little bit brings out the flavor, 14 out of 22 weekends (or 12 out of 16) is liking dumping the entire shaker of salt onto your mashed potatoes.

9 hours ago, stephen31416 said:

Update on rain frequency in MyTeam career mode--

I just finished up Monaco in season 3, my last several races in season 2 and first several in season 3:

• S2 Hungary -- rain during race
  • S2 Spa -- dry weekend
  • S2 Monza -- rain during race
  • S2 Singapore -- rain during qualy and race
  • S2 Russia -- rain during race
  • S2 USA -- rain during race
  • S2 Mexico -- rain during race
  • S2 Brazil -- rain during race
  • S2 Abu Dhabi -- dry weekend
  • S3 Australia -- rain during race
  • S3 Bahrain -- dry weekend
  • S3 Vietnam -- rain during qualy
  • S3 China -- rain during qualy
  • S3 Zandvoort -- dry weekend
  • S3 Spain -- rain during qualy
  • S3 Monaco -- rain during race

That's rain in 12 out of 16 weekends including a stretch of 8 wet races in 10 race weekends.  That's insane, half that much rain would be way too much.   What's more is the weather is too dynamic, it's unrealistically dynamic.  A race that starts on full wets, transitions to intermediates and then slicks, then transitions back to ints, and then wets, and then back to ints and finally back to slicks again is.....fun, potentially....if it happens once in a pro-longed career mode.  When it happens in back-to-back races it's just a cheap gimmick.

This game needs a 'rain probability' setting or slider with increments like:

1. Low probability of rain -- rain may affect 2 - 4 race weekends per year;
  2. Mid probability of rain -- rain may affect 3 - 8 race weekends per year;
  3. High probability of rain -- rain may affect 4 - 10 race weekends per year.

Just tone it down.  Reminder:

I link the post of my current rain stats here:

I have to agree about "unrealistically dynamic" speech: actually once the track is heavily wet, it doesn't dry out in few laps in the real (like the recent Turkish GP), the transition should be slower in general and/or specific for each track.

About the chance to rain, if not a totally manual setting (which obviously would adapt perfectly to the taste of every player), I like your "probability" setting, I would say also with lower values and be clear that a rain weekend should mean:
- the unaffected weekends are totally dry (e.g. 18-20 GP in option 1)
- the affected weekends have some rain which may be a) for all the sessions, b) just 1-2 sessions, c) during the race, etc.

Regards,
Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

I have to agree about "unrealistically dynamic" speech

Yeah I think that's an important component of the critique / suggestion as well -- the dynamic weather is so dynamic that it's gimmick-y. 

Of the 8 rainy races I listed above, not a single one had rain from start to finish.  They were all dry-to-wet, or wet-to-dry, or dry-to-wet-to-dry, etc....  Come to think of it, I haven't had a 100% wet race in 2 and half seasons of MyTeam, notwithstanding the fact that I've had rain in either qualy or the race in well over half of the race weekends.

I wouldn't mind at all an occasional race weekend where qualifying was in full wet conditions and the race was 100% light rain conditions, or something along these lines.  But six consecutive races with a pit stop to switch from slicks to ints (or ints to slicks) is just a cheap gimmick.

10 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

if not a totally manual setting (which obviously would adapt perfectly to the taste of every player), I like your "probability" setting

I prefer the 'probability' approach because in a career mode I ought to be at the mercy of the weather and not the other way around.  The probability of getting rain in the game needs to match the probability of getting rain in the real world, and right now it doesn't.

I think it has happened after the latest patch, unless it has been longer.. I've had 5 rain affected races in a row now. It does get a bit frustrating.