F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

THIS IS WRONG IN THE GAME! (no bugs)

36 minutes ago, FIE said:

We live in the 21st century of the game industry, it should be easy to give us an option to turn a red flag on and off.
If someone doesn't want this option, just turn it off.

And yet they do not have on off options for other elements of the game so.....

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aef251 said:

And yet they do not have on off options for other elements of the game so.....

What kind of options you would like to turn on and off? :classic_smile:  Feel free to chat with us and hopefully @BarryBL is a good mate to talk with the Code'masters'

3 minutes ago, FIE said:

What kind of options you would like to turn on and off? :classic_smile:  Feel free to chat with us and hopefully @BarryBL is a good mate to talk with the Code'masters'

Most specifically in F12019 when CM did update 1.14 they made it very difficult to be competitive in the rain if you used a lot of assists. So the most obvious would be the ability to turn off the weather (or at least rain) in career and My Team in case they mess it up in a future patch.

I would not mind seeing an option to eliminate mechanical DNFs for the other cars OR enable them for the player’s car.

2 hours ago, FIE said:

How about manual drive in the pits. 
Manual drive to grid position. Also, now I think about it - how about more than 2 seconds to find the right amount of throttle before a start

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bicarda said:

It should be something the live stewards/race director should be able to do... Same with safety car really. 

So someone will be watching my offline games? 

55 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

How about manual drive in the pits. 
Manual drive to grid position. Also, now I think about it - how about more than 2 seconds to find the right amount of throttle before a start

A very good point mate! 

8 hours ago, dshepsman said:

So someone will be watching my offline games? 

Well if you're playing offline then obvs you're gonna have to deal with the limitations.. Which you're already doing by playing against bots. If you play offline you're also not gonna get your unfair penalties removed or get slaps on the wrists for actual filthy driving that the game doesn't recognise as such. 

No offence but i think this is more of a thing in online races where 20 people are affected by randomness than offline botraces where you can easily restart/flashback/dealwithitcauseitsjustagame
And for online this stuff is a lot easier to fix by just taking it out of the hands of the game alltogether. I don't think you can ever code it in a way that is perfect for all circumstances anyway so why bother? 

Edited by Bicarda

Every design looks boring again. Guess it was designed by a child who waited for their parents in the Codemasters offices. Lando Norris special helmet design for the Great Britain Grand Prix looks better than this stuff. I hoped we get some better and more different good helmet designs with series two. An option to change the shade of the visor would be great. To put your own number in different fonts on your car, helmet etc. The helmets look like they were designed without any sense or understanding. At least I don't see any effort. The selection is also very limited. Another disappointment. 

'Hey, here we go! Podium Pass Series two. Wow, look at the beautiful new helmet and car designs. We've put so many time in it. Love it.' 🤮😖 
I get eye cancer!

f12020-podium-pass-2-4.jpeg.e8c719ddce11664b721d0d0c505892b5.jpeg

Edited by FIE

13 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Well if you're playing offline then obvs you're gonna have to deal with the limitations.. Which you're already doing by playing against bots. If you play offline you're also not gonna get your unfair penalties removed or get slaps on the wrists for actual filthy driving that the game doesn't recognise as such. 

No offence but i think this is more of a thing in online races where 20 people are affected by randomness than offline botraces where you can easily restart/flashback/dealwithitcauseitsjustagame
And for online this stuff is a lot easier to fix by just taking it out of the hands of the game alltogether. I don't think you can ever code it in a way that is perfect for all circumstances anyway so why bother? 

So because I don’t play online, I can’t have a safety car deployment that works? And I just need to deal with it?

On 9/16/2020 at 4:59 AM, janbonator said:

Marshals, cranes.. To me it sounds like an unnecessary FPS drop.

Well it's not really an FPS drop as the paths would be only calculated once for a single incident, and the marshals and cranes are already being drawn anyways 🙂 

Instead it would just look awful half of the time, as the marshals and cranes would clip through other objects and the such. These kinds of things are really hard to get right these days as the graphics have evolved so much.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

So because I don’t play online, I can’t have a safety car deployment that works? And I just need to deal with it?

No i just mean for online there's a very easy and obvious fix and for offline not so much, as you pointed out. 

THE LIST IS GROWING! @BarryBL Codemasters should finally understand that they are dealing with a community that most of them wants Formula One games to be as realistic as possible! We want a realistic implementation instead of playful childhood porridge...

⚠️ 9. CRASH AND WE ARE BACK IN THE YEARS WHEN WE HAD NO COLOR TELEVISION ⚠️
What I hate is the boring black-white color screen after each of our own accidents. 
More creativity would be required here Codemasters! So, what about switching into the broadcast style / broadcast cameras to see the driver get out of the car, marshalls helping the driver to get out of the car and they start to cleaning the track. But of course for that you have to produce new cut scenes and that's not your strength since years. 😉 Many cut scenes are the same since 2015! I would like to remember the same scooter driver who brings the drivers into the pitlane.

⚠️ 10. NO HIGHLIGHTS FOR A LOSER ⚠️
Just a simple question to all of you: Why do we get no race highlights in the cinema after we crashed and do not finished the race? I can understand it if someone drops out of the race right at the start, but if you crashed in the middle of the race distance or at the end, up to then there were still a lot of highlights that we would like to see, correct? Or is it a punishment for being crashed not getting to see the highlights? 😉

Code'masters'.... the list is growing. I'll get back!

Edited by FIE

On 9/17/2020 at 8:18 AM, dshepsman said:

The vast majority of a games players are offline, unless we're talking about a Fortnite or GT Sport, most players spend their time in offline modes. Yet you'd think the way online players talk, they actually jump in a real car when they log on, such is the dismissal of all other players. 

Having played both, there is nothing serious about your typical online lobby, most can barely keep it on track for a straight. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1