Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Singapore - amazing!!!

Recommended Posts

Just had a quick look to see what this week's Multiplayer event is and saw this. Now - before everyone screams 'You can't name and shame on the forum' let me be perfectly clear. This is NOT name and shame. This the opposite. I think that SzEGA's performance is so earth shatteringly good, so out of this world, that everyone needs to be made aware of it. I mean, over 3 seconds faster than anyone else!!!!!! And using assists!!!!!!!! This guy is awesome. The Lewis Hamilton of our world. By sharing his performance here hopefully I can maybe be a small part of getting him picked up by the pro guys. Let's be honest - we should all bow down before him. A true god amongst us mere mortals.

 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Lurtz
Spelling
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 in the top 10 running with assists doesn't feel quite right to me. At least they get minus points in this mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, can't you just mentally disregard their time and consider thomaswiidbret's time as the world record instead?

A lot of players get extremely riled up about leaderboard cheaters when it's often incredibly obvious what's a legitimate time and what isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blent said:

I mean, can't you just mentally disregard their time and consider thomaswiidbret's time as the world record instead?

A lot of players get extremely riled up about leaderboard cheaters when it's often incredibly obvious what's a legitimate time and what isn't.

People get riled up because it's incredibly obvious to everyone except the devs.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janbonator said:

People get riled up because it's incredibly obvious to everyone except the devs.

Yeah, it would be better if those times were deleted, but I suppose this is a very low-priority issue compared to a lot of other elements in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blent said:

Yeah, it would be better if those times were deleted, but I suppose this is a very low-priority issue compared to a lot of other elements in the game.

To be fair, Barry told us last week or so that they have acknowledged the issue. I just hope action doesn't take as long as acknowledging.

Note, this is a weekly event and not the TT leaderboards. There must be someone who designs these events. Pay him/her an hour of overtime to clean this mess and that should do it..

For most people the issue is very trivial. Either they don't take part in these events or never see the top 20 anyway. However, when they put in a competitive element such as this, and hand out exclusive trophies for success in them, they should be obliged to police them too and make sure it stays fair. Some people can put in tens of hours of practice a week for this, only to get s*** on by bugs or cheats. Of course it ****** people off. Imagine a 100m sprinter smashing the World Record with 25 doping needles hanging on him and getting a trophy for it in front of everyone.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, janbonator said:

To be fair, Barry told us last week or so that they have acknowledged the issue. I just hope action doesn't take as long as acknowledging.

Note, this is a weekly event and not the TT leaderboards. There must be someone who designs these events. Pay him/her an hour of overtime to clean this mess and that should do it..

For most people the issue is very trivial. Either they don't take part in these events or never see the top 20 anyway. However, when they put in a competitive element such as this, and hand out exclusive trophies for success in them, they should be obliged to police them too and make sure it stays fair. Some people can put in tens of hours of practice a week for this, only to get s*** on by bugs or cheats. Of course it ****** people off. Imagine a 100m sprinter smashing the World Record with 25 doping needles hanging on him and getting a trophy for it in front of everyone.

Well considering how many Olympic athletics champions are later retroactively disqualified for cheating...

But yes I know what you mean. As someone who enjoys taking part in the Weekly Events and gets a very, very sad ego boost from what percentage I finish in, I totally get the competitiveness of them.

But I suppose even with Weekly Events, you get players with massive scores. Either they're cheating, or there's been a glitch of some kind. But it's usually just a handful of players (literally less than five) so it's not really affecting the overall integrity of the competition that much. And, as I say, you can always just discard the illegitimate times and tell who is the actual leader.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blent said:

Well considering how many Olympic athletics champions are later retroactively disqualified for cheating...

But yes I know what you mean. As someone who enjoys taking part in the Weekly Events and gets a very, very sad ego boost from what percentage I finish in, I totally get the competitiveness of them.

But I suppose even with Weekly Events, you get players with massive scores. Either they're cheating, or there's been a glitch of some kind. But it's usually just a handful of players (literally less than five) so it's not really affecting the overall integrity of the competition that much. And, as I say, you can always just discard the illegitimate times and tell who is the actual leader.

I agree but that's also what boggles me the most. There are always only a handful of these unrealistic scores and they vacate the top of the leaderboards. It should be extremely easy to clean them up, yet nothing happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

I can't believe how many people use assists - and how powerful they seem to be. 

Bear in mind that there's a good chance the top times with assists are by players also using cheats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USPBauer24 said:

I can't believe how many people use assists - and how powerful they seem to be. 

Agreed. Especially ABS on tracks like this is very powerful. Medium traction control seems to be well balanced I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, janbonator said:

To be fair, Barry told us last week or so that they have acknowledged the issue. I just hope action doesn't take as long as acknowledging.

Completely agreed. The easiest thing to do would be get Epic on the phone about licensing the piece of anti-cheat software on Fortnite they license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Completely agreed. The easiest thing to do would be get Epic on the phone about licensing the piece of anti-cheat software on Fortnite they license.

Easy, maybe. It would be a bit of a rash decision, and Codies are smart enough to not suddenly introduce new dependencies without proper planning 🙂 

It's better to take the time and get it right, so that we'd have a working system for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Easy, maybe. It would be a bit of a rash decision, and Codies are smart enough to not suddenly introduce new dependencies without proper planning 🙂 

It's better to take the time and get it right, so that we'd have a working system for years to come.

I am aware of this and agree it’s what Codemasters will do, which is why I said mine was the easiest—as opposed to the wisest (this).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya a 30.2.... Not possible. The player should be deleted already. Jarno Opmeer did a 31.9 PB, last time I checked. And that wasn't in a qualifying session where you get 3 or 4 tries. Everybody knows TT laps will always trump a qualy lap. My qualy lap for Singapore was a 33.7 My PB in TT is a 33.0. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×