Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

WASD keys not working on PC

Description: Hello everyone, i'm new here and i just got the game a couple of days ago, since i started the game i've had trouble with the wasd keys control (yes i drive with keyboard), it first started as both the w and s keys didn't work, but i could still steer left and right, then i tried different keys like the arrow keys and they seemed to work just fine, then i changed them back into wasd and it seemed like w and s worked but i couldn't turn left nor right (my left arrow key for some weird reason worked and was turning me to the right side). I checked assists and controls and they shouldn't be a problem, i also realized that sometimes when i switch controls back it's almost as if the keys work but they don't get registered properly, so like w doesn't accelerate but at the same time i don't lose speed as if i'm not accelerating (you can see in the video i am able to mantain speed as i'm also unable to break but i can still turn left/right)

Platform: PC (steam)

Version: 1:09

Game-mode: Both singleplayer and multiplayer

Troubleshooting: Tried restarting the game several times, tried changing controls, ran the check for broken files on steam

Video:

Edited by Loko76

5 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Weird indeed. Any other input devices plugged in? (I guess not or you would play with those i guess) 

When you have the wasd keys set you brake and accelerate 100% all the time.. which is why you 'maintain some pace' i guess you do the throttle yourself trying to get going.. 
So try to find out why the brake is being applied if you're not pressing S.. 

You are right i just tried again and realized if i press s my brakes go off (as you said they are always on) and i can actually press w and throttle freely, that's really weird any way to fix that?

Fixed it thanks for the help you opened my eyes, i tried unbinding s and then rebinding it and it works just fine now, how do i close the discussion?

• Like 1

You might have the controls double mapped to the same button by the sounds of things. When you changed the controls, did you get a red exclamation mark next to them? Could you send over a screenshot of your current control scheme

EDIT: Beat me to the punch. I'll close for you

• Agree 1