F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Podium Pass | SERIES TWO NOW LIVE | Discussion Thread

Hi everyone,

Podium Pass Series Two is now live. For full details on the new Series, check https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-podium-pass-series-two

What’s up for grabs?

We’ve got some great stuff for you to get your hands on over the course of Series Two, including special ‘We Race As One’ and ‘End Racism’ sets (helmet, gloves, suit and livery) both in the free tiers! You can check them out in these pretty stunning screenshots below:

'We Race As One'

2.jpg

'End Racism'

3.jpg

We have added #WeRaceAsOne and End Racism badges for FREE. These have been sent to your in-game mail!

With more items than ever, we look forward to seeing you on track.

Many thanks,

Barry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi i have a question is possible to get this car in game ?
F1 2019: Car Livery 'Monnaie - Riche'
i like it in 2019 game

So I have to purchase vip every time you feel like making content or is this a bug? If the former, I'm not happy. At no point was this said to not be a one time thing. 

I'd like answers please. This won't fly under Australian consumer law. 

@MuzLFlasH Google (and twitter) is our friend in times like these and I may be mistaken here, but I think it was always stated that what we got we pre orders were season one of podium pass, not the whole thing. Same with the in game purchase of the VIP podium pass.

1 hour ago, MuzLFlasH said:

So I have to purchase vip every time you feel like making content or is this a bug? If the former, I'm not happy. At no point was this said to not be a one time thing. 

I'd like answers please. This won't fly under Australian consumer law

Similar to other games, Fortnite being the obvious example, the VIP pass is valid for the Season you are currently in. There is enough Pitcoins in the course of the series you are in to get next season's pass for no cost. The link below may explain it better than I have: https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/f1-2020-podium-pass

• Agree 1

@BarryBL 

Gotta say microtransactions in a full price title, especially so when you buy the game once every year do not seem to attract players. So i bought F1 2018, then F1 2019, then F1 2020 (which still has Ferrari the strongest engine lmao) and now it seems i will pay 5x to 6x more time RL cash until F1 2021 comes out. Hmm, I dunno. At least provide some means where people who play a lot can earn additional in game currency just by playing the game, not only by paying RL money. The latter might be ok for people who are rich and / or cant wait for anything, but give the poor guys who tend to play a lot at least some chance to catch up slowly (see Hearthstone, for example, where both ways work since years).

Sure, you want to make more money from the franchise, but there are some better approaches, no? How about a DLC with the missing tracks of this years F1 season, i bet a lot of people would be willing to pay RL money for that? At least I would.

My 2c, thanks for your time.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1

that's all simple - making multiple paid seasons is much easier than making a new circuits. They just can put a few poorly designed liveries and helmets (seriously, mods that we can find at racedepartment are many times better and they can be done without licensing issues), adding some anti-racist manifests, and here we go - quick and easy, instead making a new circuits, what takes a lot of time and neeeds a lot of work.

So, making new seasons instead of dlc with new quality content (circuits, maybe different FOM car designs) is a way to earn additional money easier.

1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

@BarryBL 

Gotta say microtransactions in a full price title, especially so when you buy the game once every year do not seem to attract players. So i bought F1 2018, then F1 2019, then F1 2020 (which still has Ferrari the strongest engine lmao) and now it seems i will pay 5x to 6x more time RL cash until F1 2021 comes out. Hmm, I dunno. At least provide some means where people who play a lot can earn additional in game currency just by playing the game, not only by paying RL money. The latter might be ok for people who are rich and / or cant wait for anything, but give the poor guys who tend to play a lot at least some chance to catch up slowly (see Hearthstone, for example, where both ways work since years).

Sure, you want to make more money from the franchise, but there are some better approaches, no? How about a DLC with the missing tracks of this years F1 season, i bet a lot of people would be willing to pay RL money for that? At least I would.

My 2c, thanks for your time.

As Barry pointed out above, you can earn enough pitcoins for completing one VIP season to be able to then purchase access to the next (you can earn 10,000 and the purchase cost is 9,000). I've just done exactly this. The problem is that at least for Season 1 most people probably won't have known this and instead reasonably ended up spending pitcoins they earned in the shop.

Every design looks boring again. Guess it was designed by a child who waited for their parents in the Codemasters offices. Lando Norris special helmet design for the Great Britain Grand Prix looks better than this stuff. I hoped we get some better and more different good helmet designs with series two. An option to change the shade of the visor would be great. To put your own number in different fonts on your car, helmet etc. The helmets look like they were designed without any sense or understanding. At least I don't see any trouble. The selection is also very limited. Another disappointment. 

'Hey, here we go! Podium Pass Series two. Wow, look at the beautiful new helmet and car designs. We've put so many time in it. Love it.' 🤮😖 
I get eye cancer!

f12020-podium-pass-2-4.jpeg.10d00b6ba377608cfb3a6d879a34c4c1.jpeg

Edited by FIE

12 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

As Barry pointed out above, you can earn enough pitcoins for completing one VIP season to be able to then purchase access to the next (you can earn 10,000 and the purchase cost is 9,000). I've just done exactly this. The problem is that at least for Season 1 most people probably won't have known this and instead reasonably ended up spending pitcoins they earned in the shop.

Yeah, another way to earn pitcoin would have been nice. It doesn't make sense to bother using the marketplace to buy anything when you will generally get more stuff by just plucking it out of the various series.

32 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

It doesn't make sense to bother using the marketplace to buy anything when you will generally get more stuff by just plucking it out of the various series.

Indeed. I just don't look at the shop.

I'm not particularly interested in liveries, helmets or emotes actually but I will say I like having the challenge objectives back as things to complete rather than simply focusing on generally getting faster at all tracks.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Indeed. I just don't look at the shop.

I'm not particularly interested in liveries, helmets or emotes actually but I will say I like having the challenge objectives back as things to complete rather than simply focusing on generally getting faster at all tracks.

I'll just settle for getting faster at tracks. But, I generally find that comes from wanting to play. I enjoy league racing but something woeful has happened in 1.10. Desync start and join/leave lag is back with a vengeance, flags for one driver, no grip on tracks, vibration in steering due to game settings being reset, etc.

Where is the replay fastest TT lap option? Genuinely haven't found it yet. 

Also the 'Push to Pass' ERS option hold / toggle was a bit late - wanted it in beta but hmmm, seems half a lifetime ago. Might be useful on a per track basis but....

Just a point about Podium Pass Seasons - why does it not leave you the old season to complete? I wasn't bothered to complete it seeing when I found people levelled up to 30 and stopped but then when I saw I was level 1 again and no way to finish that was a bit disappointing. I bought some gloves to get an achievement. It's all a bit unrewarding and pointless, isn't it?

DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE MENTALITY OF THE PODIUM PASS, PARTICULARLY THOSE WHO PART WITH MONEY - FOR WHAT?

Sorry, had to shout. Age-related Tourette's 🙂

15 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Just a point about Podium Pass Seasons - why does it not leave you the old season to complete? I wasn't bothered to complete it seeing when I found people levelled up to 30 and stopped but then when I saw I was level 1 again and no way to finish that was a bit disappointing

One reason is possibly that there is at least some overlap/repeats of challenges between the two seasons, like those associated with Flashback use that I actually find a rather strange inclusion to begin with. In that surely NOT using Flashbacks is more of a challenge! 

The key reason I pushed to get to at least Tier 29 was to get the pitcoins for Season 2. I do find it a little odd that there is no in game record at all of what I achieved though, beyond of course the customisation options I unlocked as a result.

• Agree 1

On 9/16/2020 at 10:38 PM, Ultra3142 said:

It is not that i missed this point - it is more that this is not satisfying at all. Especially so in a full price title which is released anually. Basically this means you will never buy anything from the shop for pitcoins, and if you still do, you will have to spend RL money to catch up for the following season pass. Thank god their liveries are so dull and uninspired, imagine we could buy some SeanBull liveries, all my coins would be gone in a day. But lets advance from criticism to suggestions for improvement:

What if you could choose between rewards (items) and pitcoins, while you advance through the season pass? This would allow you to buy from the shop from time to time, if you absolutely had to (like for that one helmet you relly intend to use) and you could still make the upcoming season perhaps, if you run a good balance between choice of items and choice of coins. I dont know about you, but time to time the season pass rewards dont seem too hot to me and i would gladly take a few coins instead. Why not let us trade them in (similar to "dusting" items in comparable game) - just some thoughts.

I'm not very pleased with the content of the podium pass. The We Race As One content should have been free DLC, not filling up the lack of content for this season's podium pass but I must notice that the Item shop seems to be improved. The items in the Item shop seem to be way more interesting than last season's. I hope this season there are a lot more nice items rotating.

• Agree 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:34 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Podium Pass Series Two is now live. For full details on the new Series, check https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-podium-pass-series-two

What’s up for grabs?

We’ve got some great stuff for you to get your hands on over the course of Series Two, including special ‘We Race As One’ and ‘End Racism’ sets (helmet, gloves, suit and livery) both in the free tiers! You can check them out in these pretty stunning screenshots below:

'We Race As One'

2.jpg

'End Racism'

3.jpg

We have added #WeRaceAsOne and End Racism badges for FREE. These have been sent to your in-game mail!

With more items than ever, we look forward to seeing you on track.

Many thanks,

Barry

Its a nice idea Barry this whole podium pass but without being negative or sour , the content is not up to scratch to grind it