Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

online game freeze

8 minutes ago, massa88 said:

@BarryBL this bug is back after today update 

How often @massa88 out of how many attempts? Can you grab some report codes for me too please so I can take a look. I'll jump in some unranked races too and see what happens.

@BarryBL i had it 4 times but only go 2 races unranked 5laps one shot Q

it is small freeze but it is 

code:CKVD-JTTA-EDHG-SEVG

Thanks @massa88

So, this isn't occurring when players are joining/leaving the session? Still running 4G? Are you the host?

i think it is when people joining
because otherwise i have smooth driving
sometimes inscription do not shown on monitor if people join
and yes i still use 4g

i am not host

i think it is smaller freeze than before
but is still annoying

Edited by massa88

Should show people joining/leaving on screen. 

Are others also seeing this at all since 1.13 came out? @K7L3

6 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I mean most games will struggle on a 4g hotspot isnt it just lag due to patchy connection

sorry @zZ A M P Aa but no i played game before today's patch not even single freeze,like last two patches when freeze was fixed
and play mostly online,so 4g is not issue

@BarryBL it started with 1.13 again

Edited by massa88

12 minutes ago, aartstyle said:

Had the same today when a person joined.

Got a video and report code at all @aartstyle so I can run it past the network team? Report code would be useful here. I agree that 4G connection is not preferred (a wired Internet connection would be much more reliable) and have you opened up the correct ports @massa88?

@BarryBL it is conected when people joining this two videos shown

code:GJEH-PJKT-GRTT-KKMG

Edited by massa88

The game does take a moment to think about things when people leave and join, it can stutter slightly but I think that's being amplified by a 4g hotspot.

3 minutes ago, massa88 said:

maybe 4g is not optimal but i don't have other option at the moment

Fair enough, and if you've seen an issue, correct to report. That report code and the videos are perfect info, thanks @massa88. I've re-opened our internal bug, added your evidence and will hear back shortly 👍.

Extra report codes, proof in video and information on your current connectivity settings will be critical here for devs. If you experience this, please add this on so we get as much information as possible. Thanks 👍

• Thanks 1

I have read that this problem is affecting the community. It is very annoying to perceive dropped frames when connecting new players in the lobby. The single player game runs beautifully.

I run with the PC game version 1.13. I hope it can be solved as soon as possible because this ruins the game experience. Thanks From a new codemaster user

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly.

A detailed description of the problem. Loss of fps occurs when new players enter the lobby

platform Steam pc

Which version of the game are you playing (displayed on the home screen in the lower left corner of the screen) 1.13

Classified / Unclassified / Leagues all online races

Wired or wireless connection? wired connection

The amount of players in your session is 16 players

Were you the guest?no

Did this issue happen to everyone in the session, just a few people, or just yourself? What did they see?I think it happens to all pc users

We need to be able to have your problem occur internally so that we can fix it. Can you make the problem happen again?yes i can

How do you solve the problem? I don't solve it

report code  BKMC-KVPB-CDXS-EBVG

Video of the problem, including timestamps. Did you stream the session? NO

THANKS 4 SUPPORT

Hi not sure if this helps but I experiences massive stuttering in the few last races - only in Multi Player (ranked or unranked)

I tried a few things that I found on the web :

• Tweak graphics settings (obviously...)
  • Shut down telemetry
  • Remove overlays (steam, GeForce exp, discord,...)
  • Limit FPS in game or via an external tool

Removing overlays seemed to improve stuttering but capping to 60 FPS is definitely improving so far.

There is a good informative video on that from Optimum tech over there.

Not sure it is somewhat related to the ingame engine, but hope this helps a few folks out there.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CYRCA7 said:

Hi not sure if this helps but I experiences massive stuttering in the few last races - only in Multi Player (ranked or unranked)

I tried a few things that I found on the web :

• Tweak graphics settings (obviously...)
  • Shut down telemetry
  • Remove overlays (steam, GeForce exp, discord,...)
  • Limit FPS in game or via an external tool

Removing overlays seemed to improve stuttering but capping to 60 FPS is definitely improving so far.

There is a good informative video on that from Optimum tech over there.

Not sure it is somewhat related to the ingame engine, but hope this helps a few folks out there.

Exactly this. If the developers test their patches with a governed 60FPS then this bugs like this are likely to get through.

Only problem is, Codemasters default position is that you run the game with FPS locks off. Kind of contradictory. Plus the GPU crashes are related to the desktop and the game refreshes being out of sync. I've made sure I run my desktop at 144Hz which is where I run the game at QHD and I have the frame cap set at 144FPS. I don't get FPS crashes, I use Freesync and run 120FPS+ according to Afterburner at most tracks.

1.13 did reintroduce the join / rejoin glitch, it's not as obvious as was fixed in earlier patches but it is there.