F1 2020 |PATCH 1.13 NOW LIVE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What does FOM cars mean

Formula One Management - basically the parent organisation that 'owns' the sport.

When they refer to 'FOM car', they mean the multiplayer/MyTeam car that was designed with oversight from FOM to make a generic car that would fit current F1 regulations.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blent said:

When they refer to 'FOM car', they mean the multiplayer/MyTeam car that was designed with oversight from FOM to make a generic car that would fit current F1 regulations.

Wasn't (isn't?) it an actual "car"? At least I think I remember them having a FOM car that was used with some kind of wind tunnel tests. I seem to remember that it was inherited from Manor when they closed their doors.

...Though I could be completely wrong. It's tough trying to find info on Google as well.

E: Information about various wind tunnel models including the F1's 2021 (now 2022) wind tunnel model

E2: Also Formula One Management manages the broadcasting, organization and promotional stuff of F1. The ownership of F1 is a bit harder to pin down as it's handled by multiple entities