F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Paid for Track DLC ?

just wondered @BarryBL if codemasters are looking to plan introducing extra tracks from 2021 realistically as a DLC ? places like mugello / Germany / Portugal? If they are not in the official calender.  Id happily pay 4.99 for three tracks . Anyone else got any ideas ? 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, TRJoey said:

just wondered @BarryBL if codemasters are looking to plan introducing extra tracks from 2021 realistically as a DLC ? places like mugello / Germany / Portugal? If they are not in the official calender.  Id happily pay 4.99 for three tracks . Anyone else got any ideas ? 

The answer from CM has been an unequivocal no.

Edited by janbonator
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

8 hours ago, janbonator said:

The answer from CM has been an unequivocal no.

I'm saying about 2021 version . It was a No for this years game 😉

Edited by TRJoey

I'm saying about 2012 version . It was a No for this years game 😉

Oh, right. I doubt they would bring tracks in '21 that were only raced in '20. There could be licensing issues, plus it's a ton of work doing tracks from scratch.

6 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Oh, right. I doubt they would bring tracks in '21 that were only raced in '20. There could be licensing issues, plus it's a ton of work doing tracks from scratch.

I'm sure if it made them 10 quid every download x thousands / 100s of thousands of people downloading it. It may be worth the time 

Edited by TRJoey
spelling

I feel like they should seriously consider doing this for this years game. But that won't happen.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, TRJoey said:

I'm saying about 2012 version . It was a No for this years game 😉

Liberty Media did not own Formula One back in 2012, if LM says NO (or the rest of the stakeholders), CM cannot do anything about it. But it was said like 1000x times already on these forums. And every thread on this topic promptly locked.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

Liberty Media did not own Formula One back in 2012, if LM says NO (or the rest of the stakeholders), CM cannot do anything about it. But it was said like 1000x times already on these forums. And every thread on this topic promptly locked.

I think he meant 2021

7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I think he meant 2021

I clearly stated 21 in my very first post , people are just not very good at reading properly sometimes and jump down your throat whilst not using common sense

Edited by TRJoey

I clearly stated 21 , people are just not very good at reading properly sometimes and jump down your throat 

You also stated 2012, which caused this issue. Better to not make these kinds of comments as it may just cause personal arguments 🙂 

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, TRJoey said:

I'm sure if it made them 10 quid every download x thousands / 100s of thousands of people downloading it. It may be worth the time 

I doubt Codemasters is not allowed to laserscan all the new tracks bc of corona.

13 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I doubt Codemasters is not allowed to laserscan all the new tracks bc of corona.

They may not even need to do that based on what data is available. All the old parts of the Zandvoort circuit were done based on detailed government data of the area.

I think discussions like this probably underestimate the cost to Codemasters of introducing new tracks and therefore the amount they might need large numbers of people to pay in order for it to be profitable. Even if it were allowed for licensing reasons.

I highly doubt you'd only be paying 4.99 if this was to actually happen.  We all know it's not happening already though, so it's irrelevant.

Didn’t they in the f1 2015 game have both the 2014 and 2015 season so It could be possible in f1 2021 they do both the 2020 calendar, which includes Mugello and turkey and all the other new tracks,plus the 2021 calendar 

New tracks in IRacing can cost about $12-$15 each. Some you get all the variants. Other tracks, like Nurburgring, the race track and the Nordschleife are separate purchases. 
these are all laser scanned etc. 
iRacing can charge that little because there’s a monthly subscription. 
how many copies of F1 and the dlc do you think CM would need to sell to break even for a new track, let alone make a profit. 
And let’s not forget the overwhelming response from the adorning fans:

”why did you do that **** track. You should have done <insert other track name here> instead. It’s faaaaaar better good.”

13 hours ago, dshepsman said:

New tracks in IRacing can cost about $12-$15 each. Some you get all the variants. Other tracks, like Nurburgring, the race track and the Nordschleife are separate purchases. 
these are all laser scanned etc. 
iRacing can charge that little because there’s a monthly subscription. 
how many copies of F1 and the dlc do you think CM would need to sell to break even for a new track, let alone make a profit. 
And let’s not forget the overwhelming response from the adorning fans:

”why did you do that **** track. You should have done <insert other track name here> instead. It’s faaaaaar better good.”

totally understand what everyone is saying.  Its only a question for codemasters . No one wants a slanging match on what the cost is . The old tracks like Turkey/germany have already been in the game before. Id be happy with any track as you will never please everyone. 

• Agree 1