Sign in to follow this  

Japan 0 pi

So guys what do you reckon a good lap of Suzuka is with 0 pi? I had a quick go and did a 1:40 so I reckon I’ll manage a 1:39. Anyone reckon quicker? I’ve noticed the rear end tends to break away more at 0 pi and that’s really limiting through the medium to high speed corners 

Seen people doing 1:34's but it seems other people have found a way to cheat already. Glad I noticed it before I spent any time or money on this event.  

Wow 1:34. How is that even possible! Even with a 1:40 I got 10k points so 60k or 70k should be possible which makes the 75 credits outlay okay 

Edited by KMPkemp

I've tried to start this at the correct time but if it doesn't go to 3:15

1:37.9 is my fastest qualy. AI cars at the start are faster if you do not have a perfect start.

Thanks for the video. I had a few attempts while drunk last night and got a 1:38 so getting there. It requires a total change in driving style for me though to drive like the top guys. Going full lock on the steering before you get to the apex of the corner to negate the under steer and then just hope the rear hangs on. Going to take a lot of practice, which I don’t really have time for!

Did 1:37.1 5:01.4 and 4:56.5 

and that got me only 61k+
guess only way to go faster is zero assists but ain’t no time to train for that. Lol

I really struggled on this to get lower than a 1:38 then I set the steering sensitivity to max and in it changed everything. Got it down to a low 1:36 and think I might get into the 35’s but like you Elimmel I ain’t got the time!

You can't set a good lap time if you can't take the three S curves flat out.  I spent 2 hours on this section and still can't get it right.  It's next to impossible on 0 PI.  I gave up. 😞

Edited by mobileracingfan

My best sector 1 time was a high 29 sec. I can’t take the s bends flat out either. I have to have a small lift for 5 and a big lift in turn 6 otherwise I’m off the road!

Man I’m annoyed. I’ve just found out you can cheat the chicane at Suzuka. I bet you there’s loads doing it too. Code masters need to get on it quick!

Hi,

I’m a little confused with Zero PI challenge. At Suzuka, I get the following:

Qualifying 1:38.80 -> 12901 pts

1st race 5:05.81 -> 22592 pts

2nd race 4:58.67 -> 17734 pts

Total -> 53227 pts so I don’t get the final, and most interesting, reward (@60k)

And I find it pretty harsh.

At Sochi it gets even worse as I don’t even reach 50k...

Isn’t there a balancing problem here?

Pretty disappointed since I paid for the pass (thinking I would reach 60k as usual) and I really don’t see how to improve that much unless I lower driving assist of course (I use medium) therefore having to heavily modify the way I play which I don’t want to.

I know I don’t get those golden laptimes the way I play. Silver is fine by me. But this time I feel flawed. If I had known, I wouldn’t have paid for this challenge.

Edited by Norrin78

Well I guess it depends on what the pi is of your car. Obviously driving without assists is quicker than with. If you’re compensating for that with a higher than average pi then you’re always going to loose out at a zero pi event. Throttle modulation appears to be quite important at zero pi. I think you’ll need to get to a 1:36 to get 60k. I’m done with Suzuka now and my best lap was a 1:35,3. if I could maxi use every sector the I think a 1:34,7 was in there

Time was added to race 2 for both Suzuka and Sotchi. 4s and 6s 

clock on the left is +6s but the right clock is at 0 when you cross the line to start race2. 
Completed Suzuka but I’m at 59k for sotchi.....