Jump to content Jump to content

Japan 0 pi

So guys what do you reckon a good lap of Suzuka is with 0 pi? I had a quick go and did a 1:40 so I reckon I’ll manage a 1:39. Anyone reckon quicker? I’ve noticed the rear end tends to break away more at 0 pi and that’s really limiting through the medium to high speed corners 

Thanks for the video. I had a few attempts while drunk last night and got a 1:38 so getting there. It requires a total change in driving style for me though to drive like the top guys. Going full lock on the steering before you get to the apex of the corner to negate the under steer and then just hope the rear hangs on. Going to take a lot of practice, which I don’t really have time for!

Hi,

I’m a little confused with Zero PI challenge. At Suzuka, I get the following:

Qualifying 1:38.80 -> 12901 pts

1st race 5:05.81 -> 22592 pts

2nd race 4:58.67 -> 17734 pts

Total -> 53227 pts so I don’t get the final, and most interesting, reward (@60k)

And I find it pretty harsh.

At Sochi it gets even worse as I don’t even reach 50k...

Isn’t there a balancing problem here?

Pretty disappointed since I paid for the pass (thinking I would reach 60k as usual) and I really don’t see how to improve that much unless I lower driving assist of course (I use medium) therefore having to heavily modify the way I play which I don’t want to.

I know I don’t get those golden laptimes the way I play. Silver is fine by me. But this time I feel flawed. If I had known, I wouldn’t have paid for this challenge.

Well I guess it depends on what the pi is of your car. Obviously driving without assists is quicker than with. If you’re compensating for that with a higher than average pi then you’re always going to loose out at a zero pi event. Throttle modulation appears to be quite important at zero pi. I think you’ll need to get to a 1:36 to get 60k. I’m done with Suzuka now and my best lap was a 1:35,3. if I could maxi use every sector the I think a 1:34,7 was in there

Archived