F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Idiot requires assistance....please

Can an idiot be stupid, or is stupidity implied by being an idiot? A philosophical debate for another time, perhaps. I mention it, however, because this particular idiot (me) must have an extra level of stupidity because I need help with the two following basic issues;

1     Chromed livery. A big discussion about it being 'given away' in another thread but where do I find it?

2    I thought I read a message which, in my naivety, seemed to imply that (and forgive me here because I can't remember the exact wording) the abilities of some real life drivers were being adjusted. Did I dream this? If I didn't, is that what the message meant? Should I be expecting to see (for example) Seb running in the midfield? 

• Like 1

1. You will find a mail in the game's home page about the livery. You claim it by clicking on "claim all" into this mail. Then it will show among your other liveries.

2. Drivers abilities were adjusted, not car performances. They're two different things. Ferrari is still strong (but this will be adjusted in October, I believe).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks Gonira.

Re 1, that is what I thought but when I go to liveries I am just showing the one I use now and the 70th Anniversary one. If I click 'New' I then get the original livery presented but no other option. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Re2, OK - that makes sense. I am in the middle of a race in Bahrain and Seb is in the top three and has just posted fastest lap. Not something I would have expected but if the car is still rated highly then I suppose that is acceptable.

Thanks again.

1: Press the edit button. You should have that chromatic one if you claimed it from that email and a bunch of other default ones and ones you unlocked/bought.

2: Cars are still the same as at launch (mostly based on last years results) so Ferrari still starts as the third best team I believe, slightly below Red Bull. I believe car performance gets updated in october. And those driver changes weren't really significant. Mostly just two or three points more or less for a stat.

The only liveries I have are the original default, the 70th Anniversary and the one I use (Cosmos). I know that in the past I have deleted the CM livery but that is all. I know I claimed it but it isn't there.

And now it gets really embarrassing. Because I have hardly used Podium Pass I am completely stumped by this. Let us say I wanted to claim the Tier 2 'End Racism' livery. How do I do that? Don't laugh.....I have stared at the screen for ages and the only live buttons I can see are F1 to buy the VIP Pass, F3 for Help and Esc to exit (plus the 4 directional arrows). Once highlighted, what button do I press to 'claim' the livery?

32 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

And now it gets really embarrassing. Because I have hardly used Podium Pass I am completely stumped by this. Let us say I wanted to claim the Tier 2 'End Racism' livery. How do I do that? Don't laugh.....I have stared at the screen for ages and the only live buttons I can see are F1 to buy the VIP Pass, F3 for Help and Esc to exit (plus the 4 directional arrows). Once highlighted, what button do I press to 'claim' the livery?

You don't have to press anything. If you've completed the tier you already have it :classic_smile:.

OK - but where then do I find it?

When I go to Customisation and select Car Liveries, all I see is the '70th Anniversary' livery,  'Cosmos' livery and the '+ Create New' option button.

If I select '+Create New' the original default livery appears but nothing else.

It is as though all the liveries from Season 1, the two liveries from Season 2 Tier 1 & 2 (I am only at Tier 3 at the moment) and the free Chrome livery have just gone missing. 

Edited by Lurtz
Clarity

12 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

If I select '+Create New' the original default livery appears but nothing else.

Are you selecting the spray can option after selecting Create New? That's where you can change liveries.

• Thanks 1

Things would be way easier to handle if they finally activated the mouse in menus on PC, which they did previously in other games - but seemingly this is too huge of a task to be implemented into a game that sells for full price every year. Bummer. Let alone designing my liveries i have pressed my wheel button so often, that one of them has come off... Not that these damn steering wheels would be so cheap.

Edited by Schneehase

I don't know about a Chrome Livery. I do know however, you get a free Anaconda ship if you go to Hutton Orbital Station.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, DirtDiver25 said:

I don't know about a Chrome Livery. I do know however, you get a free Anaconda ship if you go to Hutton Orbital Station.

Might be so.....but you can't get the mug!!! 

• Haha 1

I actually have a similar question.

There is a union jack livery which I do not have, how do I obtain it? Thanks.

11 hours ago, hsf said:

I actually have a similar question.

There is a union jack livery which I do not have, how do I obtain it? Thanks.

It was part of the season 1 podium pass rewards. So unless it comes up in the shop, dont think you can get it 

• Agree 1