Jump to content Jump to content

Which classic tracks do you want in F1 2014?

VDG said:
After last years introduction in F1 2013 (Brands Hatch, Jerez, Imola, Estoril) I wonder which classic tracks do you want for F1 2014?

YET another pointless thread    IT   DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TRACKS YOU WANT CM AINT DOING CLASSIC TRACKS IN 2014 !!!  ...

oeicoeic said:
VDG said:
After last years introduction in F1 2013 (Brands Hatch, Jerez, Imola, Estoril) I wonder which classic tracks do you want for F1 2014?

YET another pointless thread    IT   DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TRACKS YOU WANT CM AINT DOING CLASSIC TRACKS IN 2014 !!!  ...

They could still give us the tracks though with or without the cars - but yeah, you're right they probably won't.

oeicoeic said:
VDG said:

Before jumping on the OP you should probably check the date in which the thread was started. It was unknown at that point.

As Bobby says though, the classic cars aren't in but they don't have to change much with the tracks so although unlikely, there is a small chance they could remain. (Although with Austria and Russia being added that's two new tracks already so if there were classic tracks it would probably just be the four we already had).

oeicoeic said:
VDG said:

Before jumping on the OP you should probably check the date in which the thread was started. It was unknown at that point.

As Bobby says though, the classic cars aren't in but they don't have to change much with the tracks so although unlikely, there is a small chance they could remain. (Although with Austria and Russia being added that's two new tracks already so if there were classic tracks it would probably just be the four we already had).

The reason I said  ''YET another pointless thread ''  is CM  do not listen to us customers  full stop   the devs can not even be bothered to even reply to threads this year and if people think its going to be any different next  gen then they are fouls F1 games have become a CASH COW FOR CM  ...

oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:
VDG said:

The reason I said  ''YET another pointless thread ''  is CM  do not listen to us customers  full stop   the devs can not even be bothered to even reply to threads this year and if people think its going to be any different next  gen then they are fouls F1 games have become a CASH COW FOR CM  ...

I think they do listen to us but there's only so much they can do let's not forget that CM don't have the money or resources like EA do so what they do decide is worth the effort has to be done gradually. They obviously listened when it came to the difficulty levels for example. They've readjusted the difficulties and brought in a very easy mode for 2014. You're not the only one that would like to see more but we have to remember CM's resources are limited. I think they will do more with the ideas we've given them but we'll have to wait until the transition to next gen is completed first.

oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:
VDG said:

I think they do listen to us but there's only so much they can do let's not forget that CM don't have the money or resources like EA do so what they do decide is worth the effort has to be done gradually. They obviously listened when it came to the difficulty levels for example. They've readjusted the difficulties and brought in a very easy mode for 2014. You're not the only one that would like to see more but we have to remember CM's resources are limited. I think they will do more with the ideas we've given them but we'll have to wait until the transition to next gen is completed first.

Good. Then the games will cost 1/2 the price of the EA ones as they are not paying the same amount of money for resources.

To me there are about 3 types of F1 fans. Type 1 is casual racer. They want a good racing game in their collection, but don't really care about tweaks like new turbo engine sounds. Like it or not these are far the biggest market. As sales from F12010 to F12013 prove. They are only likely to buy if the game offers something relatively large improvement wise over existing offerings. An example might be next gen graphics. Then you have type 2. These are the guys that are more into F1, but need at least some justification at least to buy year on year. I am in this catagory. Classics was great, because it offered something new. Extra tracks, cars and Murray Walker ! It was a reasonable amountover F2012 and therefore persudaed me to by F1 2013. Then you have the real fans, who have to have the latest cars, sounds, drivers driving for the right team. These guys are the smallest market and the hardest to please, but crazily are the ones who will probably buy the game no matter what because they are so into F1 they have to have the latest thing.

Only time will tell whether removing the classics was worth it for 14. Only CM know how much the classics cost to put in (and it all boils down to cost at the end of the day). Harder for them to tell how much of the sales of 13 were driven by the classics, but I suspect a lot. I think that removing the classics was a bad thing as it widened the audience and gave the game extra play value. Classics appeal to the older user probably more and these are guys with money to spend. 

Without the classics I will probably go for Pcars (pending reviews). I might pick up F1 2014 in the low cost edition. Until then I'll be happy with 2013 and the classics for my dose of F1.

Removing the classics IMO was a mistake.
dirt3joe said:
Only CM know how much the classics cost to put in (and it all boils down to cost at the end of the day). 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/548/question-about-tracks-in-f1-2014

I can understand classic cars & drivers not being included because of costs, but I still don't understand why classic tracks couldn't be included.

To me it would be awesome if CM included all tracks from every CM F1 game in F1 2014. Tracks cost less to license than cars or drivers from what I've heard, and since we're talking about including tracks from previous CM games that means CM already has data for those tracks and wouldn't have to start from scratch like they had to do with A1-Ring & Sochi.
If CM included all tracks from previous F1 games we would have 19 tracks from the 2014 season, plus India, Korea, Nurbugring, Jerez, Imola, Estoril, Brands Hatch, Valencia & Istanbul, for a total of 28 tracks, the largest track selection in any F1 game. That would add a lot of replay value to the game.
FS7 said:
dirt3joe said:
Only CM know how much the classics cost to put in (and it all boils down to cost at the end of the day). 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/548/question-about-tracks-in-f1-2014

I can understand classic cars & drivers not being included because of costs, but I still don't understand why classic tracks couldn't be included.

To me it would be awesome if CM included all tracks from every CM F1 game in F1 2014. Tracks cost less to license than cars or drivers from what I've heard, and since we're talking about including tracks from previous CM games that means CM already has data for those tracks and wouldn't have to start from scratch like they had to do with A1-Ring & Sochi.
If CM included all tracks from previous F1 games we would have 19 tracks from the 2014 season, plus India, Korea, Nurbugring, Jerez, Imola, Estoril, Brands Hatch, Valencia & Istanbul, for a total of 28 tracks, the largest track selection in any F1 game. That would add a lot of replay value to the game.
Only logical conclusion to come to is that they looked at cost/effort vs. the revenue they got in 2013 and decided it is not worth the effort. There is also the issue that in order for me to want to buy classics again I would want new classics. You'd speculate that in licensing/cost terms they went for the low hanging fruit in F12013 and getting more cars becomes increasingly difficult/expensive. With tracks my guess is it is easy enough bringing the new ones up to date, but older ones become increasingly difficult.

Final thing is that they may have already come to the conclusion that F15 is where the real money is to be made and they are better off sticking the resources that would be used on classics in F14 into trying to bring F15 forward instead.

it's not good news for classics lovers like me, but I get the chance to vote with my wallet, and there are other games like pcars coming up with plenty of excellent classic content.
dirt3joe said:

oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:
VDG said:

Good. Then the games will cost 1/2 the price of the EA ones as they are not paying the same amount of money for resources.

To me there are about 3 types of F1 fans. Type 1 is casual racer. They want a good racing game in their collection, but don't really care about tweaks like new turbo engine sounds. Like it or not these are far the biggest market. As sales from F12010 to F12013 prove. They are only likely to buy if the game offers something relatively large improvement wise over existing offerings. An example might be next gen graphics. Then you have type 2. These are the guys that are more into F1, but need at least some justification at least to buy year on year. I am in this catagory. Classics was great, because it offered something new. Extra tracks, cars and Murray Walker ! It was a reasonable amountover F2012 and therefore persudaed me to by F1 2013. Then you have the real fans, who have to have the latest cars, sounds, drivers driving for the right team. These guys are the smallest market and the hardest to please, but crazily are the ones who will probably buy the game no matter what because they are so into F1 they have to have the latest thing.

Only time will tell whether removing the classics was worth it for 14. Only CM know how much the classics cost to put in (and it all boils down to cost at the end of the day). Harder for them to tell how much of the sales of 13 were driven by the classics, but I suspect a lot. I think that removing the classics was a bad thing as it widened the audience and gave the game extra play value. Classics appeal to the older user probably more and these are guys with money to spend. 

Without the classics I will probably go for Pcars (pending reviews). I might pick up F1 2014 in the low cost edition. Until then I'll be happy with 2013 and the classics for my dose of F1.

Removing the classics IMO was a mistake.
I'd say I'm in the type 2 category myself as well and I will probably buy it (although I haven't decided yet) as I'm eager to race the Red Bull ring and the Russian track but if I do I'll be waiting for a Steam sale and pick it up on the cheap as IMO I don't think it's worth paying full price when most of the stuff that's in the game is already included in the other ones.
Personally i would like to see a edition of formula 1 with pretty much every single track Formula 1 has ever participated on. i think it will be a question of license, i know they will be able to fit all track into one disc and make a second disc with the current tracks. Space is not a factor. However this is a thread is to just dream because classic content has been ruled out for F1 2014, maybe 2015. 2013 was a huge disappointment as far as classic content goes,  not many people play it in the first place. Don't blame codies for not adding classics to F1 2014.  There is other major issues to be worked on first.
Zombie said:
Personally i would like to see a edition of formula 1 with pretty much every single track Formula 1 has ever participated on. i think it will be a question of license, i know they will be able to fit all track into one disc and make a second disc with the current tracks. Space is not a factor. However this is a thread is to just dream because classic content has been ruled out for F1 2014, maybe 2015. 2013 was a huge disappointment as far as classic content goes,  not many people play it in the first place. Don't blame codies for not adding classics to F1 2014.  There is other major issues to be worked on first.
can't see them doing too  much with 2014 except for covering the minimum required basics all the attention's on F1 2015 as far as they're concerned right now.
More tracks still wouldn't be that big a deal though, would it. Next gen, more detail per track etc I can understand, but current gen isn't gonna be much of a deal to give us Imola, Jerez etc & for that matter Istanbul, Norburgring GP. It would score fantastic points with us and very cheaply.