Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G920/G29 Set up

I'm using a Logitech G920 and last few races I have done on the calendar, I feel that it is incredibly difficult to do hairpin turns and the slow corners, and when looking at other players using a wheel on YouTube and Twitch, they are barely turning the wheel they are using and making turns easily. 

In Logitech G Hub I have following settings:

Operating Range: 360

Sensitivity: 50

Centering Spring Strength: 0

In game settings I have not changed as can't find any other forum posts about this. 

*I tried to bring the operating range down, but then the car would hard to control due to the sudden changes of direction*.

1 hour ago, dansmotorsport said:

I don’t have any issue personally with turning the wheel however try this for in game settings

https://simracingsetup.com/f1-2020-news-guides/f1-2020-best-force-feedback-settings/

Thanks for the settings. Feels better than what I had before. For Abu Dhabi hairpin at the bottom, is that a tough turn for you on the wheel? Like gets a bit uncomfortable the position you do to get the wheel to turn to make the hairpin?

1 hour ago, CallumFox5 said:

Thanks for the settings. Feels better than what I had before. For Abu Dhabi hairpin at the bottom, is that a tough turn for you on the wheel? Like gets a bit uncomfortable the position you do to get the wheel to turn to make the hairpin?

To be fair I haven’t fully tried Abu Dhabi yet only done a couple of laps round there but don’t think it was too bad.

I am having exactly the same issue with CallumFox5. I own a G29 and this issue started yesterday. In slow turns and hairpins, I feel like I am turning a truck wheel. There is something off with G29 sometimes it feels softer sometimes it's tighter. I know wheels get loose when the heat is up but this is regardless of that. When you alt-tab during the game the feel of the wheel switches. Codemaster and Logitech should look into this issues software wise. I am not having any issues on i-racing with same wheel.

Edited by umit97gs

Yeah I understand you mate. 

I just did Australia in my second season, and really enjoyed it because fast turns track, and the last turn isn't too hard. But other tracks on the calendar just aren't enjoyable due to the turns that the tracks have. 

Don't know whether I need to improve or it's not a perfect wheel for F1. 

Good Morning ,

The reason for this forum is that I have the F1 2020 game for PS4 and I also have two Logitech G29 Steering Wheels, the problem occurs when I want to play in SPLIT SCREEN since it only recognizes one Logitech g29 Steering wheel, and not both, it only recognizes me one steering wheel. The F1 2020 PS4 game is updated in its most recent version, and to add one more detail, I only have that problem in this game since in other types of games like Gran Turismo Sports if it accepts the two wheels.

Best regards,
Omar Ccispichito

17 hours ago, CallumFox5 said:

I just did Australia in my second season, and really enjoyed it because fast turns track, and the last turn isn't too hard. But other tracks on the calendar just aren't enjoyable due to the turns that the tracks have. 

I appreciate your problem, I sometimes have issues with rotation through 90° corners, but not hairpins generally - although the one at Abu Dhabi is very annoying. Also, I felt the rotation problem was only prominent at anticlockwise circuits - Singapore, USA and Abu Dhabi in particular - which suggests that my own motion through left-handers needs some work; perhaps my driving position is a bit off. These are my settings; I find most tracks enjoyable to drive:

Calibration:

• Steering Deadzone - 0
  • Steering Linearity - 0
  • Steering Saturation - 10
  • Throttle Deadzone - 5
  • Throttle Linearity - 15
  • Throttle Saturation - 2
  • Brake Deadzone - 3
  • Brake Linearity - 0
  • Brake Saturation - 20

Vibration & Force Feedback:

• Vibration and Force Feedback Strength - 120
  • On Track Effects - 40
  • Rumble Strip Effects - 30
  • Off Track Effects - 30
  • Wheel Damper - 10
  • Understeer Enhance - Off (make sure this is off, otherwise you'll just suddenly lose force feedback mid-corner)
  • Maximum Wheel Rotation - 330°

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, CallumFox5 said:

Did you ever end up finding a solution to this issue?

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • While using a Logitech G29 wheel, I experience severe understeer in slow speed corners. Not as bad in high speed and medium speed corners. Very noticeable at hairpin in Abu Dhabi for example. Even with the wheel cranked at all the way to the left or right at corners, I fail to make the corners without running wide. Have also noticed that my brakes do not slow me down as fast as they should.
  • Platform
    • PC
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
    • Career, time trial, multiplayer (probably all, just only use those ones)
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • Yes.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • When ever I use the G29 wheel, I experience this understeer issue.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • Calibrating the wheel in Windows, changing setups in game, changing settings in G Hub, un and reinstalling game, verifying game files, updating Logitech drivers, deleting and reinstalling Logitech drivers.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • Logitech G29 wheel
  •  Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    • No

I have posted this several time with no assistance from anyone. Would be really nice if someone that actually has a solution to this can help.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • While using a Logitech G29 wheel, I experience severe understeer in slow speed corners. Not as bad in high speed and medium speed corners. Very noticeable at hairpin in Abu Dhabi for example. Even with the wheel cranked at all the way to the left or right at corners, I fail to make the corners without running wide. Have also noticed that my brakes do not slow me down as fast as they should.
  • Platform
    • PC
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
    • Career, time trial, multiplayer (probably all, just only use those ones)
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • Yes.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • When ever I use the G29 wheel, I experience this understeer issue.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • Calibrating the wheel in Windows, changing setups in game, changing settings in G Hub, un and reinstalling game, verifying game files, updating Logitech drivers, deleting and reinstalling Logitech drivers.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • Logitech G29 wheel
  •  Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    • No

I have posted this several time with no assistance from anyone. Would be really nice if someone that actually has a solution to this can help.

• BarryBL changed the title to Logitech G920/G29 Set up