F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

How to drive 'Eau Rouge' (Spa)

Sorry to ask, but I can remember to be able to drive the Eau Rouge with full throttle and highest gear, taking the left curp and after that softly stearing right.

But now I can not drive it any more. I always leave (fly from) the track.

Has CodeMaster changed something in the recent patches?

How do you drive the 'Eau Rouge'?

Edited by vTeritron

It's definitely possible. Take a look at how the AI does it. I'm pretty sure they also do it full throttle.

• Like 1

It is still possible. Actually, even easier this time around as the car feels more grippy, more settled on the tarmac.

And as it tends to always be the way with this sort of thing, it would be more beneficial if you could link to a clip of you going through Eau Rouge-Raidillon.

It is still one of the more challenging set of corners in the whole F1 calendar, so bear it in mind. You're not expected to go flat out through it 100% of the time unless you're pretty damn good on the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

It's definitely possible. Take a look at how the AI does it. I'm pretty sure they also do it full throttle.

Well of course they do. AI having one set of rules to the player in some circumstances as always.

But yeah. It's doable flat but a little risky and you need to be delicate with your turning.

Edited by Joethe155
  • Like 1

As far as I know some things do play differently to the AI, e.g. tyre temperatures and setups, but that is more of a CPU bottleneck than an actual limitation.

I don't think the AI cheats regarding throttle, braking, steering et cetera. The game actually simulates those things, as any telemetry app shows, though not near the same variability of a human player.

I may be wrong though. There have been some discussions on the topic here but I don't remember the outcome.

• Like 1

With a decent setup it can be taken at around 90% throttle even in heavy rain. You just need to be super smooth on entry and open up the corner enough on the first left-handed kink.

If you're having trouble going through the corner flat in the dry, you should look into some setup changes. Too low rear ride height will mean you bottom out and can easily lose control.

• Like 1

Depending on the setup, you can take it flat like all the time. I don't have any problems with this turn at all.

Follow what others say here, take a look at that setup. If you are on PC, check the steam workshop and use what you can there.

Edited by Ryne
  • Like 1

Find it far easier to go flat out on 2020 compared to 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm cutting Radillion if i'm on regular:classic_biggrin:

Edited by KGM
  • Like 1

Regarding setup, make sure your Ride Height isn't too low, you may be bottoming out at top of Radillon which causes you to spin.

This is a common struggle players have when using Time Trial setups in normal races, was very obvious in F1 2019.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8th gear, flat out. Take lots of kerb on the left hander before the uphill right hander. No jerky motions. I've taken it flat out in 8th using overtake from after turn 1. My poor driver almost S#!T himself lol. 

Edited by Sir_Overtakesalot

On 9/22/2020 at 3:20 AM, Sir_Overtakesalot said:

8th gear, flat out. Take lots of kerb on the left hander before the uphill right hander. No jerky motions. I've taken it flat out in 8th using overtake from after turn 1. My poor driver almost S#!T himself lol. 

This is key, if you get the entry line correct you can take it with minimal movement. The other thing is setup. As suggested by PJTierney, ride height (in particular for the rear) cannot be too low or risk bottoming out over the kerbs and total loss of control. Also critical is having enough rear downforce as this plants the car through high speed corners. I would recommend an absolute minimum rear downforce level for 7 on this track just because of this corner.

Flat out is possible with 4 rear wing even 3, but you need a slightly higher rear suspension (4 or 5) to accomodate the aero load and weight shifts