Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 and new Nvidia 3000 series cards

Dear codemaster,

I previously had a 1080Ti Nvidia and i was playing F1 2019 without any problem.

I've updated my system hardware to a new 3080 Nvidia RTX and the game is not working anymore.

When i try to start the game i get a EGO Dumper popup with the following:

I need to have this fixed or i will request money back on paypal / steam

thanks for the support

nvidia_support_f1_2019.nfo

• Like 1

Still no feedback, so i would like to issue a warning here before i escalate this. I know that technical support is always sub-contractors, so, before i put you all on fire for ignoring customers im giving you one more chance 

Hi!

Thanks for the workaround and sorry for the explosion.
I have a ticket on Nvidia running since Friday and all they ask is "indian" stuff if yo know what i mean.... Nothing leading to a fix or workaround.

Its like having a memory leak on the code and ask the customer to reboot to see if the problem is fixed.

Anyway, thanks for the workaround. Just tested it and working.

After deletion of the files i am able to open the game with success. I will still get EGO Dumper crash when i close the game, but at least i can open and play. Its a great workaround. Thanks!

• Agree 1

@RedDevilK

One small doubt, i dont see the DLSS option in the 2019 game but i guess it used to be there in the past.

Was this removed? I just see TAA, Fidelity FX etc

I just installed this game and I've tried verifying the files integrity, rebooting, and running in safe mode for both Direct X 11 and 12.

It immediately crashes before I see anything.

My system specs are a Ryzen 3900X, RTX 3080, and 32GB of RAM. I have attached the EGO Dumper zip file. Let me know if any other info or any steps I can take to fix this.

614494-20201006-142558-0.zip

@Ch3wyz0r I've merged your post into the 2019 section of the forums and to a similar post. Please see my previous comments on how to address the issue. 

On 10/9/2020 at 7:10 AM, Hadley88 said:

Too bad that Workaround does not work for the Gamepass Version 🙄

Glad I found this.
Recently updated to 3080 from 1080ti and F1 2019 on Xbox Game Pass PC won't start. Immediate crash with dmp file created that seems related to 'nvngx_dlss'
I found both these files in C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps but since Game Pass is completely locked down (I've tried moving ownership but still can't delete these files), it's an impossible issue. 
Is Codemasters reaching out to Microsoft to ensure they are actually aware that this is a problem for Game Pass users?

Any idea when and if this will be resolved?

Edited by Likeyoucare

iam also on the game pass version and i cant start the game with my new 3080

This is a workaround. Did the users DDU when updating or just shove the 30XX in a 10xx system (lucky they had time to shut the machine down with all the actual excitement)?

If this is an Nvidia issue with the libraries then....oh dear. They're only interested in telemetry and not in FUBARing systems then.

Hi,

Yes I perofrmed DDU and the issue still happens to me.

Since I've the XBOX Game Pass version I'm stuck and I cannot play the game.

Kind Regards

Running on Steam and had this issue too. Deleted the files as suggested in the attached pdf and this got the game running, however it does throw up a crash report every time I exit the game still.

RTX 3080 with latest drivers clean installed (457.09 10/29/2020)

Edited by Pupph

4 hours ago, Pupph said:

Running on Steam and had this issue too. Deleted the files as suggested in the attached pdf and this got the game running, however it does throw up a crash report every time I exit the game still.

RTX 3080 with latest drivers clean installed (457.09 10/29/2020)

same for me

Same issue as well

DDU (was on AMD previously) before installing RTX 3070

Using xbox app so cannot delete files

I have managed to get into the F1 windows apps folder but I am unable to delete said files

Same issue here for 3080 game pass but this game doesn't seem to have a solution yet.

Edited by cliffx

Fresh windows installation, new drivers and 3080. I just downloaded the game and it doesn't start. I cannot choose anything, since the only thing I can see is this error.
(i'm playing through gamepass for pc)

error.png

Edited by Delijohn

23 hours ago, rushy288 said:

Exactly the same issue for me playing on games pass. Is there no fix for this still?

i'm not sure if someone cares... i'll open a new thread just now, just in case it attracts some attention... 

I have exactly the same issue, I upgraded from a 1080 to a 3070 and get the same error message as Delijohn.

Game Pass is so locked down, hope it get fixed soon