Manual Deactivating DRS

The problem with that is cornering. Imagine how unstable a car would be taking a slow-speed turn immediately after a DRS zone, such as Hungary's first turn, with DRS open. While high speed corners would be problematice as well, I'd wager on slow corners being worse for some reason.

You didn't understand,you just need to press the DRS button like it is in real life,to close the DRS to brake,finished,not a big deal,way more realistic

You can do this already. All you need to do is press your DRS button again if you want to close it before you apply the brakes.

Just now, MattDobson66 said:

You can do this already. All you need to do is press your DRS button again if you want to close it before you apply the brakes.

Unless you're saying that it should only be manual, which I disagree with because I'm pretty sure the drivers don't usually do that in real life. They normally just wait until they apply the brakes don't they?

I'm quite sure in the realz the drs closes when  you brake as well

In real life DRS closes when the driver goes off the throttle. Might not even have to go fully off the throttle.

Guys Come on, did you ever watch F1 Onboards???

Look at onboards,they're always activating it manual and closing it normal, all am talking about here is that there is an DRS manual in the settings that you can activate and then you got to open and close like in real life,go watch any kind of pole lap and don't tell me its closing itself, they're always closing it manual,pretty easy right?

Its from the beginning of the DRS times man,years ago,the pole lap is from 2018, you can clearly see him closing the DRS himself,in that article there,it also says it takes half a second to close the flap,do you think they've got that time without rear downforce while braking? Just watch the Video, it's explaining everything,i was only asking for an option in the settings to turn the automatic closing off

DRS can be deactivated automatically (when braking) or manually before a corner. In F1 2020 (and previous games) you can do this. I don't really understand your point?

• Agree 2

Are you using automatic DRS in the assists or something, because I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. You can do the exact same thing in the game, what Bottas did in that video.

• Agree 1

Yea guys a i know what you mean, am not using any assist at all and i know i can deactivate it myself, and i would do it, if there is an option that turns the automatic close of the DRS off, hope you understand

10 minutes ago, newjerseyananas said:

Yea guys a i know what you mean, am not using any assist at all and i know i can deactivate it myself, and i would do it, if there is an option that turns the automatic close of the DRS off, hope you understand

I don't think you understand how DRS works in F1. DRS is either manually deactivated by the driver before he brakes (which is an option for you in a game) or when the driver start pushing (even slightly) the brake pedal. The DRS zones are created in the parts of the track, where braking is inevitable to maintain safe corner entry and speed.

• Agree 1

Mate,iam just asking for an option that deactivates the automatic close because on some tracks is unrealistic,iam watching since 2010 F1,i think i should understand how Drs and everything other is working

• Haha 1

What on earth are you talking about "automatic"? There are DRS detection zones and DRS zones on each track where DRS is available for the drivers, that he can open and close manually as he wishes. Once reaching the end of DRS zone, DRS closes. These zones are controlled and marked with sensor in the tarmac. End of story.

• Agree 1

You still don't understand

a DRS zone is almost as long as the straight,while F1 Cars brake you could still activate it if you wouldn't,Iam just saying that on some tracks it's unrealistic that it closes it's self like you see on the pole lap,just asking for an OPTION that you HAVE to close it manual  because it's more realistic

But you CAN close it manually before you brake for the corner, I always close it manually before turn one in China as I enter the corner flat out.

We've seen what happens when DRS doesn't close in time - look at Ericsson's crash in Monza 2018 (I was actually sat at that corner - the most frightening thing I've witnessed) so having it close automatically isn't a bad thing.

I know can close it manually i just don't want it to close automticly when i brake,i want to have the option to turn that off,i then don't close the drs before braking am gonna end up retired for sure but that's reality

Well it's in the F1 regs that it closes when the brakes are applied, so I don't really understand what you expect to gain by closing it manually after braking?

2 hours ago, newjerseyananas said:

I am just saying that on some tracks it's unrealistic no more

I think everyone understands what you're saying but disagrees that it's 'unrealistic', with the game behaviour matching what happens on real F1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3