F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Explanation requested

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me understand this as I haven't been able to work it out myself.

As you can see, on the first screenshot, the comparison of car performances in MyTeam career mode save. 

But when I go to a raceweekend and go to the performance screen, I get this bit on the righthand side of the screen where the lines of the cars are completely different.
As you can see, my Peugeot F1 Team purple line is way bigger/longer than for example Haas. But in the performance graphic I am clearly below Haas performance. So can anybody explain me what the graphic on the right hand side on the 2nd screenshot means when I go into a raceweekend? 
I'm assuming, since they don't represent the performance graph that they arent about performance. 
At first I thought that the graph in the first screenshot is just overall car performance, and in the second screenshot on the righthand side it's how cars perform at that specific track. But I'm not sure if I'm right about that. 
If anybody knows, I'd massively appreciate it. Thank you 🙂

pf1 performance.jpg

pf1 performance 2.jpg

Took me a while to get what you were asking, but now the answer is clear to me.

Notice how the length of each bar is almost exactly the length of the team name?

The bar on the right is therefore only a colour indicator, telling you Mercedes is teal, Red Bull is blue etc.

It doesn't track the performance, its only function is to tell you what colour on each graph represents which team.

image.png

• Haha 1

Just now, PJTierney said:

Notice how the length of each bar is almost exactly the length of the team name?

The bar on the right is therefore only a colour indicator, telling you Mercedes is teal, Red Bull is blue etc.

It doesn't track the performance, its only function is to tell you what colour on each graph represents which team.

image.png

I feel like using a box on the left side of the text would be less confusing. That has gotten many people confused this year 😁

16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

Great, I feel like an idiot now 🤣

• Sad 1

Haha yeah, basically the underline function of any word processor. Last year's design choice was clearer as if I remember correctly it was a full width line, so there was no mistaking it. @UP100 approach would be great too.

Edit: it's audible the sigh of relief of CM staff when they log in the forums, see a title like this just for it to turn out to be a simple and inconsequential question.

Reports out there tell that

@PJTierney @UP100 are breaking their TT personal best laps by 1s just by the sheer relief of not having to deal with another WHY RED HAAS SO FAST WHY MICROTRANSACTIONS IN 60 DOLLAR GAME kerfuffle.

Edited by marioho