Jump to content Jump to content

Steering Wheel Range

For those of you who use a steering wheel:  What range (°) have you configured?

I played F1 2019/2020 since 3.5 month with a range of 220°.

But what looks like is, that this is not good, because it allows me too fast changes the direction/angle of the steering wheel and this might be one reason for my steadily sliding (because overheading) tyres.

I am not 100% sure. I extended the range to 260° but it was not possible to drive for me with that change. So I reduced it to 240° and will keep that for a while.

Having a higher range looks like to calm down my adhoc driving moves. And it gives more sensitivity in corners. But I have to get used to. First 240°, maybe later again a bit more.

9 minutes ago, vTeritron said:

For those of you who use a steering wheel:  What range (°) have you configured?

I played F1 2019/2020 since 3.5 month with a range of 220°.

But what looks like is, that this is not good, because it allows me too fast changes the direction/angle of the steering wheel and this might be one reason for my steadily sliding (because overheading) tyres.

I am not 100% sure. I extended the range to 260° but it was not possible to drive for me with that change. So I reduced it to 240° and will keep that for a while.

Having a higher range looks like to calm down my adhoc driving moves. And it gives more sensitivity in corners. But I have to get used to. First 240°, maybe later again a bit more.

i have it on 369° 

• Like 1

I like it a bit less than the guys here and go for 320/330.  Mainly 320 for the more nadgery tracks like Singapore and Monaco.

The whole steering lock debate in F1 gets a bit heated but it's really driver preference.  I know some guys who swear by 450, others who prefer 360, and some who go for 270.

Edited by JonnyHoonit

With the topic of question in mind, I dug into some telemetry data of my driving. I only have data for a couple of tracks (Silverstone, Hungary, Spa), but at least on these tracks I don't use more than 60% of steering lock. I think on tracks such as those 360 degrees would work very well for me too, but the problems come with certain tracks like Monaco, Singapore and Tilke chicanes & hairpins in general.