F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

This game is a joke. Anything to say code"masters"?

26 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

Never, with an attitude like that.

Exactly.  Not sure why people think it's ok to come in and make posts like that.  Do people really expect to get a genuine response when they post like this?  I guess they do though, because that's what the internet has done to us as a society. I get it, you bought the game and should get help if it's not working properly, but just because you bought it doesn't entitle you to be a jerk to others.  Oh well, that's the world we live in now I guess.

I'm not saying the OP is wrong in being upset if it is indeed a game issue, but being upset is one thing, coming here to point out an issue and potential flaw while acting like that, and posting in this matter is flat out ridiculous.  If you really want help, maybe address it in a more respectful manner so that someone may actually want to help you. 

A little respect goes a long way.  Some should try to remember that.

• Agree 5

Codemasters, please say something.

I paid full price for this game on day one after grabbing F1 2019 for a couple bucks on PSN a few weeks prior. The last time I'd committed anything more than 2h in a racing game was in 2004 with NFS Underground 2, yet I've poured countless hours between Career, My Team and the occasional Weekly Event, not to mention the hours tweaking a setup on Time Trial. Until Cyberpunk 2077 releases I doubt there will be any other game with so much time and dedication from my part this year. 

I even got rehooked into the sport again.

Codemasters, this is my favorite game of the year so far. Anything to say?

They only marked this glitch in the game as 'with developers' yesterday, despite it happening to lots of people since release day. That is not good enough. 

Why is that Codemasters' fault?

Surely that's an internet connection issue / Xbox Live problem? Especially as you say that only one player - someone streaming no less - was affected by it?

Disconnects happen in every online game.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, marioho said:

Until Cyberpunk 2077 releases I doubt there will be any other game with so much time and dedication from my part this year. 

Been some poor releases this year, and since I"m not intending to jump to next gen till next year once everything is out and launched and the initial rush is finished, I'm pinning a lot on this game to give me some awesome final experiences on PS4 over Christmas.

The delays have been disappointing, I've tried hard to not spoil it with previews and beta build streams, hope to go into i fresh, what I have seen looks incredible!

• Like 1

Pointless tagging codies’ twitter accounts I rkn - you’re better off tagging the actual F1 account, maybe a few teams & if you can swing it, the personal accounts of some higher ups at liberty/FOM.... 

With an exclusive licence deal in their back pocket, Codies have no motivation whatsoever to lift their game 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1

Never had a disconect while playing online, maybe check your internet settings

Edited by GunDeviLnl
Grammar

13 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Do you really really really think these kind of posts are going to help? Let me help you, this will never lead to a good, productive discussion. If I was a developer at Codemasters (I am a developer) I would never even open this posts seeing only the useless title.

Do you have the source code of the game and really have suggestion regarding the code? I don't think so (Home Alone phrase). I would advise you to keep quiet and post your bugs in a normal manner like CM stated OR, just avoid this forum.

Edited by JackLane82
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ok so I have filled in the report for this a long time ago, the lag out glitch has only been marked as with devs 2 days ago despite it happening all the time since release in July.

This wasnt me it was a stream I was watching, so not my connection. If their connection dropped the stream would of ended, the F1 game itself is what is failing to connect to xbox live not the xbox.

It happened twice yesterday, once during a league race and also during a team v team esports event. 

The session is no longer available? Well that's odd as the race was still going on so it definitely was available, and after 2 or 3 restarts of the game he was able to rejoin. This is not a connection drop it is a fault in the game that codies cant/wont fix.

https://twitter.com/safespaceracing/status/1308776475517235201

Edited by zZ A M P Aa

13 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Exactly.  Not sure why people think it's ok to come in and make posts like that.  Do people really expect to get a genuine response when they post like this?  I guess they do though, because that's what the internet has done to us as a society. I get it, you bought the game and should get help if it's not working properly, but just because you bought it doesn't entitle you to be a jerk to others.  Oh well, that's the world we live in now I guess.

I'm not saying the OP is wrong in being upset if it is indeed a game issue, but being upset is one thing, coming here to point out an issue and potential flaw while acting like that, and posting in this matter is flat out ridiculous.  If you really want help, maybe address it in a more respectful manner so that someone may actually want to help you. 

A little respect goes a long way.  Some should try to remember that.

They have shown no respect to the people who want to play online and have paid £65 for the game, all they care about is myteam and trying to squeeze more money out of people through podium pass. Playability is at the bottom of their list.

• Disagree 2

@zZ A M P Aa

Why don’t you just stop playing the game if it bothers you so much? Then never buy another CM game ever. Also give CM the silent treatment & never ever post anything ever again. You will teach them a lesson not to mess with you. This would then keep the rest of us on this forum from seeing your over & over post bashing CM. I personally have have had enough of your poor attitude which is NOT helping you or anyone else at this point. Please, I’m begging you to go the silent treatment way!!! Please!

Edited by Getts0388
Spelling
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

They have shown no respect to the people who want to play online and have paid £65 for the game, all they care about is myteam and trying to squeeze more money out of people through podium pass. Playability is at the bottom of their list.

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.. Angry baby face emoji

• Haha 2

There is around a 99.9% chance the error was caused by a connection issue to the Xbox Live lobby system. It could be caused by whatever, and most likely isn't caused by the game.

Though it being caused indirectly could be possible if the game takes all the bandwidth available for x amount of time for example 

You don't need to lose connection to anything else, you only need to have an issue communicating with the lobby system of Xbox Live. It doesn't even require you to lose connection to other Xbox services! 🙂

• Agree 2

Reminds me of that guy that came in all hot headed here demanding Codemasters to fix their online or whatever because it sucks and he was 1000% absolutely certain it wasn't their internet connection because his son was playing CoD online just fine on the next room.

• Haha 1

I will go silent and stop posting here. CM dont respond anyway. I've posted bug reports and stuff how they'd like only to be ignored. Just fix the game, it is so broken. Online doesnt work. I really hope it glitches when the esports stuff kicks off, only then will they take any notice. 

For the lurkers or disgruntled parties, I'll just leave this tidbit here.

Take a cursory reading of any patch notes and a cursory reading of the first 2 or 3 pages of the thread titles in the Troubleshooting forum. Notice how they match each other and assess for yourself if this whole "it's no use you report a bug, Codemasters will only ignore you" spiel hold any water.

• Like 2

Why don't all the haters get together and programme a game of this standard and see how it fares ? Give them a break