F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

My engineers are not excited by my performance

I just bought the game on steam, hit up career and get an absolute disaster of a car, I get it that its a new team so it handles like a boat. I drive my heart out and got 2nd place having 75% AI with the very first race of my team, and my radio engineer goes like, "So that's it for this race", or something like that. Honestly it's a bit turnoff, the next race in Bahrain, I finished 6th  and it's the same average response whereas my teammate Jordan King is 17th or 16th. ughh come on Jeff, you can do better

Edited by eeshanzaman
  • Agree 2

I'm not excited by your difficulty level. Raise it.

It's not because it's 75 out of a vacuum, but because your results prove this is too easy for you.

Maybe Jeff agrees with me?

Edited by Gonira
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gonira said:

I'm not excited by your difficulty level. Raise it.

It's not because it's 75 out of a vacuum, but because your results prove this is too easy for you.

Maybe Jeff agrees with me?

Well I just saw the video how to set your difficulty based on your gap to teammate. I'm around 1.5 seconds faster, so usually the game suggests my difficulty should be 90 if I drive like this. Damn I'm good :3 

4 hours ago, eeshanzaman said:

Well I just saw the video how to set your difficulty based on your gap to teammate

This depends on the game mode. It is easily applicable to the Career mode, but you need to take it with a grain of salt in My Team. 

Every driver has their own ratings influencing their on track performance. Keeping the car the same, your teammate times (and grid position) will vary depending if he's Jordan King or Lewis Hamilton. 

If you're playing My Team, I'd suggest looking at the teams that are the closest to you on the R&D Performance chart. That chart basically conveys the car potential. You should adjust your AI level to perform close to their respective drivers consistently. It is ok to qualify a bunch of positions ahead or behind them from time to time, but if it happens repeatedly than your difficulty level is probably askew. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marioho said:

This depends on the game mode. It is easily applicable to the Career mode, but you need to take it with a grain of salt in My Team. 

Every driver has their own ratings influencing their on track performance. Keeping the car the same, your teammate times (and grid position) will vary depending if he's Jordan King or Lewis Hamilton. 

If you're playing My Team, I'd suggest looking at the teams that are the closest to you on the R&D Performance chart. That chart basically conveys the car potential. You should adjust your AI level to perform close to their respective drivers consistently. It is ok to qualify a bunch of positions ahead or behind them from time to time, but if it happens repeatedly than your difficulty level is probably askew. 

first you need to fix the AI, they are terribly tuned!
In one race I miss the top 10, and in another I am on the podium...
Difficulty between races does not change and my team is in 10th place out of 11 in terms of performance.
Cool, yeah ?

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, MilligramSmile said:

first you need to fix the AI, they are terribly tuned!
In one race I miss the top 10, and in another I am on the podium...
Difficulty between races does not change and my team is in 10th place out of 11 in terms of performance.
Cool, yeah ?

I always thought this was down to how well I'm suited to the track, I haven't raced in Vietnam before, this is my first time in Vietnam and my god, I'm down in 23rd, at least outqualified a Williams, I was so bad there that I decided to simulate the race, the AI finished 16th. And I'm glad I skipped the race, the circuit is suited for wheel users more not for controller users like me. 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, eeshanzaman said:

I just bought the game on steam, hit up career and get an absolute disaster of a car, I get it that its a new team so it handles like a boat. I drive my heart out and got 2nd place having 75% AI with the very first race of my team, and my radio engineer goes like, "So that's it for this race", or something like that. Honestly it's a bit turnoff, the next race in Bahrain, I finished 6th  and it's the same average response whereas my teammate Jordan King is 17th or 16th. ughh come on Jeff, you can do better

In my opinion, almost all of the voiced dialogues are very poorly written and implemented into the game. From Claire asking me how did I feel for not making to Q3 when I was actually in Q3 finishing 10th, or whoever not impressed with me not making to Q3 in my first MyTeam season with a new car, to repeating the same old qualifying program is very important on my 3rd season as if I'm new to F1, and many many more, they're just BAD.

Instead of being a well-thought feature that thrives at enhancing the immersion of the game, at the moment they are merely existing as either fillers or part of an uninspiring game mechanic (morale/acclaim), it's easily the most immersion-breaking feature in the game.

Let's hope something can be change in future titles. 

Edited by DRTApophis

Agreed - there just isn’t enough variety. You’ll have heard everything there is to hear after just a few hrs of playing...

🙄

16 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

In my opinion, almost all of the voiced dialogues are very poorly written and implemented into the game. From Claire asking me how did I feel for not making to Q3 when I was actually in Q3 finishing 10th, or whoever not impressed with me not making to Q3 in my first MyTeam season with a new car

I fail to see what's poorly written about them... Also the first one is just a bug 😛 

• Agree 1

On 9/25/2020 at 4:22 AM, UP100 said:

I fail to see what's poorly written about them... Also the first one is just a bug 😛 

Oh dear, I think you've got me.

I tried to justified my claim by re-imagining existing dialogues and also comparing them with some other racing games...I actually failed to find any real fault from them except for may be some word-of-choice need adjusting. Then why am I still irritated by them quite often?

I actually remember that I quite like Jeff's introduction during my first ever practice session, but was put-off by him by his lack of excitement from my supposedly decent results in my first MyTeam season. I think this might had something to with how the game placed these type of dialogues only based on our car performances compare with the field instead of having a setting that place different dialogues based on milestones and how long we've been in this sport as a new team. Imo, at the very least, make it so that Jeff have more unique/enthusiastic dialogues specifically designed for the first season.

The interviews are probably the bigger issues here, the whole system seems to lack polish. As you've mentioned that some are just the game accidentally misplacing dialogues for certain situations. Though even with that out of the question, the contents of both the questions themselves & the way players could answer are still often too systematical, too many of them are tided with the acclaim/morale system, it really limits the variants of how dialogues can be design/written. The interview system should be design to add immersion first, then benefits/negative effect to game progression come second.

More variations are always gonna be welcome...I heard a lot of interview contents were pulled straight from last year's game, some of them didn't even get alter to fit this year's new mode better.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 2