Number 1 missing?

So just won the championship in career mode but nowhere has the number 1 been made available to me.

i specifically remember selecting the option at the start of career so I would claim the number 1 if I did win the WDC.

has anyone else had the same problem? 

You mean you won the championship at race 16 out of 21 in the season, for example?  You don't get to use the #1 until the following season - you have to continue with your current number until the end of the current season.

No I’ve finished my season and now at the start of the new season I still have my own number. 

there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to change it in career mode and if I try on my driver profile it’s not available 

3 hours ago, smoothride said:

It may be a new bug. I got the '1' after MyTeam championship.

Excellent. How can this be reported?

When you create a character it asks you if you want to use number one if you win the championship.  Are you sure you didnt click no at this point.

33 minutes ago, TheCroc84 said:

When you create a character it asks you if you want to use number one if you win the championship.  Are you sure you didnt click no at this point.

I definitely remember clicking yes as I feel quite strongly about it being used in motorsport. 

I also enabled driver transfers and now in season 3 there has still been none apart from domino effect replacements on seats I have left

As I recall, the option for me came up when I created my character, right the first time I entered the game with a new profile. I do not recall being asked a second time when I chose that character to play in My Team. I have not gone to do career mode.

27 minutes ago, RipperGP said:

Has anyone else seen the option in career mode to use number 1 and where does it come up? 

On 9/23/2020 at 4:56 PM, RipperGP said:

So just won the championship in career mode but nowhere has the number 1 been made available to me.

i specifically remember selecting the option at the start of career so I would claim the number 1 if I did win the WDC.

has anyone else had the same problem? 

You can change your number at any time which triggers the option to use #1 again.  In side of My Team mode go to Corporate... Then customisation... then Characters.   Then select the "profile" option, switch tabs over to driver number and select your custom number again.  When you do it will ask about using the #1 if you are the reigning champ.  Select yes, then be sure to hit the confirm character option (X button on Xbox) and it should save.

in my "My team" mode i was still using my number 27.  I just changed it as above to use #1 and it changed right within the mode to #1 on my car.  Went back in, changed it again to 27 this time selecting NO to using #1 and my number changed again back to 27. It's working fine, it's likely that you just dont have the setting correct.

Edited by petro1319
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

You can change your number at any time which triggers the option to use #1 again.  In side of My Team mode go to Corporate... Then customisation... then Characters.   Then select the "profile" option, switch tabs over to driver number and select your custom number again.  When you do it will ask about using the #1 if you are the reigning champ.  Select yes, then be sure to hit the confirm character option (X button on Xbox) and it should save.

in my "My team" mode i was still using my number 27.  I just changed it as above to use #1 and it changed right within the mode to #1 on my car.  Went back in, changed it again to 27 this time selecting NO to using #1 and my number changed again back to 27. It's working fine, it's likely that you just dont have the setting correct.

Thanks, I will check this again this weekend. Was just unpleasantly surprised to find 1 wasn’t available on my profile after I had won the championship. 

• Like 1

Done it finally 🙂 

Changed to number 2 in my profile and it asked me again if I want to claim number 1 in career and this seems to have jogged it and my showroom car is now showing 1 instead. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, RipperGP said:

Done it finally 🙂 

Changed to number 2 in my profile and it asked me again if I want to claim number 1 in career and this seems to have jogged it and my showroom car is now showing 1 instead. 

Actually, you didn't have to change to number 2 because the game would've asked you after reselecting your other number. I know this because I couldn't remember if I selected the number change, which I didn't want, and re selected an old driver's then-current number before hitting "no."