Jump to content Jump to content

FFB on Thrustmaster T300 RS GT is not working

DollyDodo

I bought a new Thrustmaster Rs GT-Edition and wanted to play F1 2020 with it. But I do not get any FFb at all. It also doesn´t work on F1 2019.

I reinstalled the drivers and the games itself but nothing worked. In other games like ACC or Dirt Rally it works perfectly fine

Platform: PC

Wheel-Firmware: 31.0

-detailed description of the issue: If I start any session in the game the orceFeedback doesn´t work at all. There is none if Idrive over kerbs or if i lost the car due to traction loss. This problem exists on every track, every car and any sessions. It even doesn´t work on F1 2019

-Platform: Pc via Steam

-Game Version:1.10

- Game mode: Every game mode

- The problem is recreatable when i start the session and drive any car, there is no FFB

-In terms of troubleshooting I reinstalled the game, the drivers, and cleaned the hardwaresettings.config

-peripherals: Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 RS Gt-Edition with stock pedals

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, DollyDodo said:

-detailed description of the issue: If I start any session in the game the orceFeedback doesn´t work at all. There is none if Idrive over kerbs or if i lost the car due to traction loss. This problem exists on every track, every car and any sessions. It even doesn´t work on F1 2019

-Platform: Pc via Steam

-Game Version:1.10

- Game mode: Every game mode

- The problem is recreatable when i start the session and drive any car, there is no FFB

-In terms of troubleshooting I reinstalled the game, the drivers, and cleaned the hardwaresettings.config

-peripherals: Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 RS Gt-Edition with stock pedals

There is no FFB when the drivers are not installed properly. 

If you have reinstalled the drivers (2020_TTRS_2) and updated the firmware (v31), then there is an underlying problem with your Windows installation. Either your USB is misconfigured or your installation is trashed. Or your wheel is broken or in the wrong mode (only PS3 mode works on PC). 

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 4:51 PM, premekjr said:

Hello Steviejay, I have the same problem. Any advice how to get the USB configuration right? Re-install F1 or what is the solution? the whell itself works fine in other games.

A lot of the time people have not followed the correct setup of the wheel. I always used my T300 in a USB 2.0 port of the motherboard.

Driver and firmware updates are always advised (even by Thrustmaster). Read the release notes on how to set up the wheel.

Delete any in-game control schemas. Reconnect the wheel, verify operation in driver. Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify Steam files.

Launch the game.

Use the default mappings until they are verified to work, then edit and remap saving the custom config (if needed).

well I think my setup of the wheel is correct. It works without problems in Dirt 4, which is a Codemasters game as well. In the control panel of the T300 all buttons and all FFB effects work also perfectly. Only in F1 2020 I do not have any FFB effects at all. But steering and pedals are OK. I deleted xml files, verified steam files, followed every hint I could find on the internet but nothing works. I just do not have FFB effects in F1 2020.

13 hours ago, premekjr said:

well I think my setup of the wheel is correct. It works without problems in Dirt 4, which is a Codemasters game as well. In the control panel of the T300 all buttons and all FFB effects work also perfectly. Only in F1 2020 I do not have any FFB effects at all. But steering and pedals are OK. I deleted xml files, verified steam files, followed every hint I could find on the internet but nothing works. I just do not have FFB effects in F1 2020.

Have you unchecked the Steam Controller option?

Steam Controller FAQ - Steam Support (steampowered.com)

Archived