Jump to content Jump to content

Newbie with very BASIC Question

Not having played others in the series, I find the lack of documentation in F1 2020 to be a bit of a bother.  I can't even find where to configure my buttons on my steering wheel.  Can someone tell me how to find that?  Also, is there some basic documentation for similar issues? For instance how to actually initiate upgrades in my team, etc.   

I find the driving experience ok, but not being able to easily deploy ERS and DRS limits my performance considerably.  

That's funny. I find the series to do a great job at onboarding new players. My first time with the franchise was in May or June of this year, not long ago.

I suggest watching the tutorials on the F1 Game official youtube channel and PJ Tierney's videos on Youtube - PJ has videos specifically for wheel and controller settings. That and the in game tutorials available on the start menu, I think.

The loading screen tips are great too.

1 hour ago, MDelaney20 said:

Not having played others in the series, I find the lack of documentation in F1 2020 to be a bit of a bother.  I can't even find where to configure my buttons on my steering wheel.  Can someone tell me how to find that?  Also, is there some basic documentation for similar issues? For instance how to actually initiate upgrades in my team, etc.   

I find the driving experience ok, but not being able to easily deploy ERS and DRS limits my performance considerably.  

When I read the question I was thinking "how hard can it be?" and then I went into settings and find myself struggling to explain how to do that because my version is in Dutch and I get lost in the menus as well. :classic_biggrin: I guess you probably already know where settings are. I suggest you experiment a bit with it.

You are right, there should be some documentation. Have bought every version of the game and I can't explain to you how you have to do it

On 9/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Lurtz said:

The 168 page manual from the original 1991 Grand Prix game (yes....I am that old!!!).

192556986_GrandPrixmanual.thumb.jpg.0e6928a89246a4ce91244f4f48f900d1.jpg

I know cost cutting means that printed manuals don't come with games any more but they should be provided on line. 

I had readed the Full Manual of Grand Prix 2 and 3 at too long years ago and I was only 8 years old.. but I agree for a new member of this series should be able to put some basic information about.. but today's with Internet Google and YouTube we have everything we need to learn and grow in everything

Edited by CarlosSantos87
On 9/26/2020 at 6:30 AM, MDelaney20 said:

When you are in the main menu, go to game options, the click settings. Then clikc controls Vibrations and ForceFeedback. 
Here you can chance all the button mapping, settings of your wheel/controller.

Hope you can find it 🙂

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Lurtz said:

The 168 page manual from the original 1991 Grand Prix game (yes....I am that old!!!).

192556986_GrandPrixmanual.thumb.jpg.0e6928a89246a4ce91244f4f48f900d1.jpg

I know cost cutting means that printed manuals don't come with games any more but they should be provided on line. 

I still have this manual myself, and the chapter "One lap of Monza for the rookies" is the reason I've always done my first laps on every new F1 game at Monza to get the feel of it. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, s00zster said:

I still have this manual myself, and the chapter "One lap of Monza for the rookies" is the reason I've always done my first laps on every new F1 game at Monza to get the feel of it. :classic_biggrin:

Unbelievable... that's exactly what i've red, too and doing with the same feelings and thoughts in every racing title since then. 😀👍

• Like 1