DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Version 1.16 Update Discussion

Hello, since this update 1.16 the game freezes and closes on its own, it is almost impossible to do a special, and if by luck I get there the game freezes and closes, and it does not save progress, I am the only ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artiotwogia said:

I'm 27 seconds off the Spanish rival in the 1998 Monte Carlo scenario and the Cosworth 1989 New Zealand event, I can easily gap the 1 minute required in the first stage but then obliterated in the second stage.

Did you used soft tyres in Monaco 1998?
I remember that was a huge advantage, when I did these.

10 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Did you used soft tyres in Monaco 1998?
I remember that was a huge advantage, when I did these.

Only for the short both parts without snow and ice, yes, that was an advantage.

And at the long stages?

7 minutes ago, PaulNbg said:

And at the long stages?

Definitely winter tyres.
Soft tyres are only useful for the 4 non snow/ice short stages.

An extreme asphalt with soft tyres tuning setup could also help.
GTR Technical on youtube has some special asphalt setup for all cars.

Xbox One X

V 1.16.0

Standard controller

When I tried to start a new rally championship in My Team today to start engine mapping the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII, I got the following message: "Championship Reset - Your My Team Rally championship has been reset, because a discrepancy between local and server save data was detected." The game proceeded to crash with 6 different cars in 6 different locations after completing the first stage of a new championship and clicking continue. I got the same error message every time after relaunching the game. I have tried removing the local save data and letting it resynchronize from Xbox Live which did not resolve the issue. The game crashed just the same as before. I then proceeded to remove the local save file and completely uninstalled the game. I reinstalled the game and all 59 DLC files and the game synchronized my save file from Xbox Live again. I still have the exact same issue where it crashes after the very first stage of a My Team rally championship when I click continue. This makes the single player career mode unplayable. My Xbox One X is in great condition and has no other issues. Is anyone else having similar issues or had issues like this in the past? If anyone has any ideas please help me. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Jeaurdanne said:

Me, but I have the game crashing, no error message 😞

My game freezes and crashes after doing the first stage of a My Team rally championship. I get the error message when I launch the game and go back to events to try again.

19 minutes ago, FlatOverCrest said:

My game freezes and crashes after doing the first stage of a My Team rally championship. I get the error message when I launch the game and go back to events to try again.

I can't do any stage of My team because the game crash before to access any stage, but when I want to do rallycross in Fia I can do 1 stage and after the game crash .. I can't play the game 🙁 ( sorry for my bad English I'm french

@FlatOverCrest I had the exact same issue from August 2019 to March 2020. And found a solution.
2 other guys with the same problem I gave the solution to had the crashes then fixed, too.

Unbelieveable this still happens.
It has something to do with the new update, because the problem starts to happen only after updates.

The downside is, you will lose all progress in Colin McRae Scenarios, Historic Championships, all saved Custom Championships and...all Tuning Setups saved.

Go to settings -> profile -> save settings -> first option (reset progress) (do NOT touch the 2nd or 3rd option!)
Read the text on the right side, so you know what you will lose.

• Thanks 1

@UnderclassGDfan Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I was actually looking at those options last night after trying everything else and was hoping that it wouldn't come to that. That's pretty sad that some users are having to entirety reset their single player progress because of incompatibility after a certain number of patches. Shame on me for playing the game since shortly after launch.

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Edit

11 minutes ago, FlatOverCrest said:

@UnderclassGDfan Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I was actually looking at those options last night after trying everything else and was hoping that it wouldn't come to that. That's pretty sad that some users are having to entirety reset their single player progress because of incompatibility after a certain number of patches.

Well, the important part, the My Team Garage, is not affected. This is why I want to make sure you only choose the first option.

This is why I hate online only. Too many things can go wrong, including server issues, disconnects and so on.
Making My Team online only was the most dumb decision Codemasters made in history of all their games. My opinion.
The benefits of it are laughable compared to the negative effects.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I am a bit late to the whole patch this time, but here we go for those, who still wanna see the new car:

• Like 4

On 1.16 the bug that causes wipers to suddenly stop working under rain on an undamaged car is still present, even if very rare. It'll happen only without auto wipers assist enabled, and if wipers stop in the middle of a stage due to this bug, after manually turning them on, they'll completely stop again later without warning after an interval like 15-20s. The only solution is to, right at the moment they stop, pause the game and enable the auto wipers assist. Then they'll work flawlessly (be always on) until the end of the stage. In case you disable the assist before the stage is finished, they'll start going full stop again.

This is unrelated to a car electric failure where they can intermittently fail a swipe (expected behavior). For this bug, they'll keep turning off completely on an undamaged car, leaving you blind until you do something about it, and without any input faults on the mapped button for wipers. Today it started happening on the "Old Butterstone Muir" bridge section under Heavy Rain, while doing the Racedepartment club weekly event.

It's disappointing that nothing was done to fix this bug after mine and other users repeated reports, and probably leave this infuriating bug for users running without assists when DR2 reaches EOL.

Thanks for your attention

Edited by AlleyViper
  • Agree 2