Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] [Single/Multiplayer] COMMUNICATING WITH ONLINE SERVICES upon leaving multiplayer OR single player

TrueBlue1905

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Since yesterday evening, over 50% of the time I click advance in single player, or leave session in multiplayer, I get the "Communicating with online services message" with please wait and the yellow spinning circle underneath, and it never disappears. I have left my game on this screen for just over 2 hours right now and it's still spinning. Last night this happened around 5 times over the course of 7pm - 11pm at night (BST). The only way for me to get rid of this message is to restart the game. 

• Platform

Playstation 4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.09

• Game-mode?

Multiplayer (Ranked, Unranked) and Single player (My Team)

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

I think so, yes.

• How do you make the problem happen?

it's usually when I can advance from a completed session e.g. I finished P1, clicked advance and this screen appeared, and in multiplayer, whether it was from a lobby or a race, I would click leave session/advance and this screen would appear and I have to restart the game.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Restarting my game seems to be the only fix right now. Resetting my PS4, internet etc seems to make no difference.

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Not right now, but if required I can possibly screen record the next time it occurs.

Please ask me for any extra info you need. Sorry, I did look through recent bug report's and couldn't see this one. I only started getting this issue as of last night and I've owned the game since late July.

16 minutes ago, Worthingtonio said:

Hi,

to bump this, this is exactly the same issue I posted about with my ‘time trials leaderboards’ post over a month back. 

this is still an issue. 

Id really appreciate if somebody from the team could acknowledge this. 

Thanks for the reply. How do we raise awareness of this to the Devs as they appear to have not seen my one? Have they seen your post?

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Consider changing this to NAT type 1 if possible, as this will improve your overall experience.

Hi Barry,

I believe NAT type 1 involves connecting directly to the modem without a router which is infeasible for a proportion of people. I also have a Type 2 NAT but I’ve changed my in game NAT strictness to ‘Open’ on other games (e.g COD) by forwarding ports. 

Do certain ports need to be opened for F1 2020?

Thanks

Archived