Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 PC : Accelerating does not make the car move (video included)

Hi,

So there was another thread about this but I'm not sure it was taken into account as 2 bugs were reported and only one seem to have been escalated.

So in this case, pressing the acceleration button (either on X360 controller or keyboard) does not make the car move, as if the brakes were locking the car down. In the video below, you can hear the engine revving up as I accelerate, and the gearbox switching to 1st gear, but no movement at all.

I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall on a different location. Nothing changed. It's also the same regardless of the mode (time trial or season) or the car. Needles to say, F1 2014 and all the other previous titles work absolutely fine.

https://youtu.be/jDi7GtzimsY

I can provide dxdiag and msinfo files if anyone from CS wants to have a look.

I had the same issue. Close the game, disconnect your controller from the usb port, launch the game and as the game asks you for which season you want to play in, insert the controller's usb cable in the port.. this solved my problem. It's just a workaround but ... still should be fixed by Codies. It's the 2n'd game that I buy (after the appalling 2014) , there won't be a third time if they don't fix their bugs.

Just tried your workaround, and it does work for me :(

Maybe I need to clarify, I'm using the wireless 360 controller, so I unplugged the receptor, started the game, plugged it and switched on the pad when asked to chose which season, started a time trial, and still the same issue :/

Argh, I have a wireless Logitech F710 Xinput ,, same driver, I don't know why it does this ... sorry mate, I tried..

I had this issue too. I went to controls in game and made a custom layout (Which consisted of the EXACT same buttons for each function) and it started working. Hope it works for you too!

That did the trick Skiddboy, thank you very much :)

That bug should be a priority but now I can play at last, thanks a lot !