Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Второй год подряд в ступоре! На прямой тебя догоняет ЛЮБОЙ болид, ты в свою очередь выезжая впритык к сопернику спереди, наблюдаешь как он уезжает, причём не важно, превосходит твой болид его по ттх или нет. Понятие слипстрима отсутствует как понятие. Codemasters, переведите и сделайте что-нибудь с этой херней!!

• Disagree 1
  • Administrator

Hi all, 

Please remember this is a English speaking forum. Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose. Also, please note that we do turn up the difficulty slightly every year. How many hours have you played the game since 2020 release?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Zaebloff said:

Ok) I’m playing f1 about 500 hours per year (f1 2019) and 60 hours f1 2020. All this time I have 1 question, why I can’t use slipstream in this game! Even in f2 races all cars go away on strait, but cars behind overtake me VERY easy without DRS. Can explain that? 

Slipstream is in the game, just will be different from 2019. You may be running too much aero, which might be compromising you. Try turning it down as low as possible, and provide more details and report back with findings 👍. Also, complete bug report.

@Zaebloff why aren't you going past 6th gear on the straight leading up to Parabolica and on the start straight, both on Monza?

You should definitely be hitting 8th gear nearing the braking zones.

Don't know if @BarryBL would agree but I think it would be helpful to post both your components status (ICE, turbo, MGUs etc) and your R&D progress on the Powertrain and the Aero trees.

If you could post your whole setup too that would also be helpful, though barring the wing angles I doubt there could be anything solely responsible for that top speed performance of your car. But who knows, could be a lot of smaller compounding factors and I'm no astronaut.

Edit: the last Ascari corner (turn 10) can be taken at 7th gear just as in real life. And your engine should be screaming and fuming and bursting ears at the end of the start straight as most of it is taken on 8th gear. Looks like your car cannot afford that.

That has nothing to do with slipstream or even dirty air in my opinion.

Edited by marioho

It’s f2 race screens, I play f1 every evening 3 year. In career mode I play 20 seasons in 2019, 6 seasons in 2020, I know what I talking about. On start of new season (my car have TOP of R&F parameters) on strait other cars can overtake me (even my speed on exit are higher) VERY EASY. But when I coming up in corner, on exit other car fly in space!

17 hours ago, Zaebloff said:

Ok) I’m playing f1 about 500 hours per year (f1 2019) and 60 hours f1 2020. All this time I have 1 question, why I can’t use slipstream in this game! Even in f2 races all cars go away on strait, but cars behind overtake me VERY easy without DRS. Can explain that?

Overtake button

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Zaebloff said:

It’s f2 race screens, I play f1 every evening 3 year. In career mode I play 20 seasons in 2019, 6 seasons in 2020, I know what I talking about. On start of new season (my car have TOP of R&F parameters) on strait other cars can overtake me (even my speed on exit are higher) VERY EASY. But when I coming up in corner, on exit other car fly in space!

Agreed with @marioho. @Zaebloff, we would need the extra information requested. Also, please complete a bug report or we can't see the specifics of your issue.

Something on the face of it, you are in 5th on the back straight, which is why you are getting destroyed on the straights. Auto or Manual transmission?

• Like 1

@BarryBL I ate grass in this one as indeed F2 cars have only 6 gears. That "Renault" at the second vídeo made me jump my gun. But this will be a tough nut to crack if OP keeps on shutting every avenue of investigation people come up with. That's not how troubleshooting works, there's a reason these protocols try to eliminate every basic possibility to build on a diagnosis.

OP should throw us a bone here. Specially because if this is indeed a bug, it is a helluva important one that needs to be quickly replicated* and fixed.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator

I've investigated here, and this is an issue OP has with his car. Its either setup, engine wear, short shifting or not changing parts. Compare your video to mine below on standard setup on TT, and I'm around 30kph faster on the straights. 

Note: On a Monza style setup, I can top at around 335kph on the start/finish line. I suspect a lack of part changes here.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Zaebloff said:

No wear components, fuel on max, automatic transmission, 40% difficult.

IMG_2057.MOV

Extension and video not working. Can you please complete the bug report as I'm still working on guess work here. Please note I need the information and bug report, as we have to be able to replicate internally. At the moment, very little chance right now. Also, Traction Control setting too, but wouldn't affect like this.

Link:

Could you check if your controller is working properly? On the Settings, in the calibration screen where you set saturation, linearity, deadzone and so on. There you'll be able to see how much of an input the game is registering when you fully press your triggers.

I mention this because if you look closely at your HUD, you never reach 100% throttle, mate. Could be a faulty controller.

Didn't have the chance to review your previous videos as they get very pixelated on my phone (or are indeed low res in the source), but seems to be the same.

Screencaps from your latter video:

Screenshot_20200929-134946.thumb.png.b5c8c34dcccc878794e4ccbf827393f4.png

Screenshot_20200929-135022.thumb.png.930b719de8fece2bee50729dcf83af30.png

Screenshot_20200929-134955.thumb.png.aa2636aa655bb4a7be0a971520f24c35.png

Screenshot_20200929-135013.thumb.png.3a88f93c702bed92d1ff4f04e1dffe5b.png

16 minutes ago, marioho said:

Could you check if your controller is working properly? On the Settings, in the calibration screen where you set saturation, linearity, deadzone and so on. There you'll be able to see how much of an input the game is registering when you fully press your triggers.

I mention this because if you look closely at your HUD, you never reach 100% throttle, mate. Could be a faulty controller.

Didn't have the chance to review your previous videos as they get very pixelated on my phone (or are indeed low res in the source), but seems to be the same.

Screencaps from your latter video:

Screenshot_20200929-134946.thumb.png.b5c8c34dcccc878794e4ccbf827393f4.png

Screenshot_20200929-135022.thumb.png.930b719de8fece2bee50729dcf83af30.png

Screenshot_20200929-134955.thumb.png.aa2636aa655bb4a7be0a971520f24c35.png

Screenshot_20200929-135013.thumb.png.3a88f93c702bed92d1ff4f04e1dffe5b.png

Thank you, friend!!!) You absolutely right!! It was 84% of throttle)))) codemasters take this guy to technical director!!!

• Like 2

Oh come on, while you're at it why not push my name to be TD at Ferrari? Maybe it is their throttle that is stuck too.

Not that a gig at Codemasters would be bad. Not at all! It's just that I heard Ferrari has better pastries on their buffet.

Anyway, glad you got it right now!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1